What if Fiedler flat out wins the competition? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Fiedler flat out wins the competition?

May the best Qb win the spot. I just hope it is AJ,cause i know what jay can do and it not good enough.Dolfanreal69

minus said:
You guys won't give props to Jay?I bet most of th people who jumped on Feeley bandwagon will be saying he sucks and blame Rick for not bringing in Collins.I can imagine how many "I hate Jay and Feeley sucks thread".Oh!Let's not forget all of Rick Spielman is an idiot thread. :roflmao:

What if I cr@p out a Ferrari? I don't think it'll maybe not happen I know it won't. Let's all remember FIEDLER HAS BEEN THROWING TO MOST OF THESE GUYS FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS! Joe Montana or Johnny Unitas couldn't come in here and off the bat have perfect timing with a bunch of strangers! Skill is skill but timing is still timing. WR's catch differently. We don't even have an offensive system according to Trestman, Collier and Sullivan. It seems to have some new west coast (way overused term) components but according to other reports we are throwing a lot more deep balls in practice than in the last few years.

Feely's cream baby and he'll rise to the top! Fiedlers odd man out anyways because everyone is watching the QB position so carefully this year. After Wayne's remarks, Wannstedt would be suicidal to name Fiedler the starter for the first game. He wants to at least be able to tell Wayne that he tried another qb besides his obvious favorite. That way his and Fiedler's future in not inexorably linked together. Cut the cord baby!

Finfanbuff...The biggest complaint about Fiedler is that the coaching staff/FO hasn't done enough to better the position, until hopefully this year...or at least this is the only year they have attempted an upgrade of the starting position.

Beast...while I totally agree that Feeley will be an improvement (IMHO) over Fiedler, Wanny can start Feeley and if he doesn't do well, then he has an excuse. He can say "but Wayne, you wanted another guy, and I put someone else in there...It's Ricks fault".....But I think, as Hank G. said a couple of days ago, that the 7 or 8 guys E. Jones/Wayne H. interviewed for the GM spot all said that we needed to change the QB position and that is what we will do. As you said, Wayne's comment practically guarantees it.

LarryFinFan said:
Finfanbuff...The biggest complaint about Fiedler is that the coaching staff/FO hasn't done enough to better the position, until hopefully this year...or at least this is the only year they have attempted an upgrade of the starting position.

Griese was brought in with the idea that he may take the job from Fiedler. He just came in too late to have much of a chance last year. Apparently he didn't show enough to warrant a second chance.

If the only complaints about Fiedler were that people didn't think he were good enough, I wouldn't argue the point.

Justasportsfan said:
Playing it safe Oliver? Why is it then that you want feely to start when he isn't proven and Fiedler is(like you say) ? Feely hasn't been playing long enough to know if he's injury prone and age doesn't mean squat. Are you saying you'd want to start an unkown over a proven?

What do you care? Don't the Buffalo Bills have a MBoard fo their own!?

You spend entirely too much time on a Dolphins MBoard as far as I'm concerned.

Oliver...

pigskinguy said:
I am not trying to belittle what he has done I am trying to say I don't think he has done as much as ypu and some others think. One playoff win in the 4 years at the helm is not good. And I know and acknowledge, it not all on him. But at the end of the day, to be considered a Super Bowl contender you need your QB to come up big. Like Tom Brady, I don't think he is the most talent in the world but he has a knack to get things done in the clutch and not make the big mistake at crucial times.

And FinfaninBuffalo, As you have pointed out he has had some big games in his 4 years, which is, I think, what Fiedler fans (And Wanny) hold on when hoping he can takes us to the Big Dance. But IMO he lacks that killer instinct, or whatever you want to call it to pull a victory from the jaws of defeat. It most cases he pulls defeat from the jaws of victory.
But that's just my opinion. And apperantly it is in the minority. Oh well, I do hope I am wrong and proves me wrong if in fact he does in the QB derby.

You're doing it again, you are trying to confuse things.

No one can take away the fact that Jay Fiedler is a proven NFL starter. As far as him only proving that he is nothing more than a backup, the past 4-years ABSOLUTELY disproves that POV. At this very moment he is the current starter for the Miami Dolphins.

You are 100% correct to this point he is not a Super Bowl caliber QB. Obviously. When you say that will always be the case or when someone says they think he can be a Super Bowl caliber QB, those are opinions.

I hope you can understand the difference in these TWO things.

Oliver...

DOLFANMIKE said:
Against everyone but the Bills....LOL

You are going out of your way tyo give Oliver a bad time. He's more than once responded to you. His issue with Fiedler is that he's shown himself to be injury prone while with us, and he's only getting older. The issue may not be as clean cut as is Fiedler better. If he's only marginally better Feeley may get the nod due to his youth and the unknown of where his potential may be.
From what I've read, many of us, Oliver included....have said we don't know if Feeley can even beat out Jay, but we're hoping he does.

Thx Mike!

Oliver...

the way defenses play us with jf at qb should tell anyone who knows fball he is not the guy in a starting situation

maurice13 said:
the way defenses play us with jf at qb should tell anyone who knows fball he is not the guy in a starting situation

You mean how they would play this offense when it didn't have a real WR corps?

There is more than one reason why a passing game doesn't work. Some try and make it entirely too simple. Tell me do actually think the Dolphins WR corps has even been good for the last decade? Be honest now.

Oliver...

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
may the best man win and i think it will be aj my personal opinion!!!!!!

Yeah so do I, but I most certainly can't agree with anyone when they try and lump all the blame on one player, especially when our WR corps has been so bad for almost a decade.

Oliver...

ohall said:
You're doing it again, you are trying to confuse things.

No one can take away the fact that Jay Fiedler is a proven NFL starter. As far as him only proving that he is nothing more than a backup, the past 4-years ABSOLUTELY disproves that POV. At this very moment he is the current starter for the Miami Dolphins.

You are 100% correct to this point he is not a Super Bowl caliber QB. Obviously. When you say that will always be the case or when someone says they think he can be a Super Bowl caliber QB, those are opinions.

I hope you can understand the difference in these TWO things.

Oliver...

That is basically what I have been trying to say. And thus, anyone happy with Jay being the starter is happy with a middle of the pack team, that will either miss the playoffs entirely or go out in the first or maybe the second round. Well I would like more than that (maybe I'm greedy :evil: ) and that is why I am not happy with Fiedler as the starter.
And if he was such a proven starter, how come not ONE SINGLE team tried to get him when he was available?
As C&C Music Factory once said......"Things that make you Hmmmm"
(Wow, typing those words made me remember how much I hated that song......yeah, I hope it's in your head now too. :lol: )

fin-atic said:
I think what everyone should consider is this.

Will any of these QBs:

1. Be consistent
2. Stay Healthy
3. Be a playmaker when we need it.

I made a comparison in another thread that we had an average running game with Lamar Smith, Nothing special but the guy worked hard. Then we got Ricky. He ran behind the same line and became a game turner. He made huge runs, he caused teams to rething the way they played the Fins. But it was with the same personnel.

We need the same thing at QB. Jay has been fair to good, but never great. He has had durability issues and has disappeared in big games.

We need a QB who can do for the passing game what Ricky has done for the running game. They QB has to make plays to win games and has to do it consitently all year and then show up big time when it counts most.

If Jay, or AJ don't do it then Speilman and this team deserves all the criticism they get. because there were/are quality QBs to have been had. They pulled the trigger early and took a big gamble and over paid.

Only time will tell and I am behind the team as a fan. As an objective student of the game, I think we blew it and we will finish out of the playoffs again this year.

I can't see how any objective person can disagree with this postion.

I for the most part agree. The part I would have to question where are the quality QBs?? All 32 teams are all looking for such a QB as you have described. The only exceptions are maybe Colts, Packers, Pats, Jets, Titians, and Eagles.
See the problem is whoever you say we should have tried for will get you booed out of here. I personally like Couch, and think he could be great if giving the right situ, but some liked Brunell (who I think sucks) some like Collins, some think we should have gotten Henson, and even some like the guy who played in the CFL last year. Either way you look at it I don't see any sure things out there, not now or earlier. The closetest thing to it would be Feeley. I am quite SURE he will stink.

Back
Top Bottom