What if our next coach pushes for us to acquire Derek Carr | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if our next coach pushes for us to acquire Derek Carr

Well that's an easy yes for me as this would provide a massive upgrade at the most important position! There has to be a legitimate competition next season at Qb. No way Tua is gifted the starting position based on last season.

Carr himself said would rather quit football than play somewhere else. Now maybe he's changed his mind but I think he'd rather quit football than be the QB of the Dolphins.

Derek Carr only wants to play for Raiders: 'I would probably quit football if I had to play somewhere else'

I like Derek. He's underrated in my opinion, despite not having a great game yesterday or Saturday or whatever. He can drop dimes under pressure, we saw it when we played him.

Zero interest in Carr. If the next HC decides after the 2022 season that he doesn’t believe Tua is the long term answer at the QB position, I would rather see them draft a new QB in the 2023 draft.

Carr would have had no more success with the Dolphins offense than Tua did last season.

I group Carr, with the Rivers and Ryan tier of QBs. QB's that are good, franchise guys, but unless every other element of the team is elite, you are not going to win things with them. Perhaps most QB's are like that and the haters on here will with legitimacy say that's the ceiling for Tua but my question would be: Why bother?

I have heard people wanting to trade for Cousins, or bring in a Jimmy G, give Tua some competition, but again what is the point of that ? Say, Tua can't beat the guy out, you are then stuck with a middle of the road QB where sneaking into the playoffs is your ceiling pretty much where we are now with our young QB developing. Personally just stick with what we have and build around him, give him the chance to prove he is or not more than a middle of the road guy. Save resources you used to acquire this other QB, to buy that vet lineman or draft that WR or stud RB.

I like Derek Carr a lot but the Raiders are riding with him as far as I know. I don’t see why he’d be a available, and, if he were, Indianapolis would go hard after him.

Wow that's news to me... so Grier is completely sold with Tua and will not entertain a coach that would encourage competition at the position?
That's what I've been told and I believe it's true. I don't think he'd mind bringing in a QB but Carr would not come here to be a backup and Grier wants to build around Tua instead of building without him. I'm not saying he's right or wrong. Just the way he wants it right now.

Back
Top Bottom