What if our next coach pushes for us to acquire Derek Carr | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if our next coach pushes for us to acquire Derek Carr

not a fan of Carr but if he were to come in, there won't be a competition. He is the Day 1 starter. Upgrade from the standpoint of you being able to run a real NFL offense but i would hold for something better

In my opinion, Carr has a few more years of experience which makes him better than Tua currently. Carr would not survive the surroundings we had on offense this past year. Only Murray or Mahomes can consistently make plays without much protection. Then the questions is who do these guys throw to? Eventually these running QB's will probably get hurt. Everyone else, including Brady, would struggle mightily with the talent and coaching we had this past year. That is why we must give Tua the weapons and protection he needs (Again not top 5 but just average).

The new coach will probably have his say on what players including QB we are gonna ride with.

He should.
Both Gase and Flores with Grier as the GM had final say on the 53. With the communication coming out that they want a collaborative coach, I don't see why the next one wont have control over the 53 as well.

Would you be for or against it? Let’s just say we want a qb competition in Miami.
Clickbait question and I took the bait. Your question poses a situation that is absurd. Short answer: Raiders will not part with Carr and Carr doesn't want to play for any team other than the Raiders. Go read Carr's statements on the issue of where he wants to play.

You guys should really think about a Tua vs (insert player) sub forum...
I have a great idea brother.

Let's partner up on an app that ppl can do exactly that. We could make a fortune.

We can call it "playing with yourself", or "Masturbation".......

It's funny how good other team's qbs always look, but our qbs could never survive throwing an interception to end the game.
It’s all about other performances not just the interception. I don’t mind when Tua throws an interception but with an inconsistent game like he recently had the?‘s go to the forefront because he doesn’t have a lot of history of success.

I like Dak Prescott, some of my cowboy fan friends do not like him. I think his complete body of work is above average as a whole so therefore I would cut him some slack. Even as rookies, Josh Allen ,Herbert and Burrow, I see what they can do more often than not, and it’s unreal, Sure, the occasional poor decision interception will occur, and that’s OK but I look at the complete body of work and not just a bad decision here or there.

Tua has to play better and we’ll find out next year. He deserves a real OC.

Last edited:
Either way Tua needs competition and we need a really good backup in case he is injured again.

It’s all about other performances not just the interception. I don’t mind when Tua throws an interception but with an inconsistent game like he recently had the?‘s go to the forefront because he doesn’t have a lot of history of success.

I like Dak Prescott, some of my cowboy fan friends do not like him. I think it was a body of work is above average as a whole so therefore I would give him some slack. Even as rookie same with Josh Allen Herbert and Burrow, I see what they can do more often than not sure the occasional poor decision interception is OK. I look at the complete body of work I just a bad decision here or there
Carr has been in the league for a while and only has two playoff berths.

The sensible thing for everyone is to give Tua 1 full year with a decent OL and RB/WR room and see what happens. Then next year new coach will have 2 1st round picks to potentially get a new QB if they don't feel he was a good fit.

Why Carr? Is he absolutely better than Tua? I don't think anyone could say that.

You got to think the next coach will be onboard with Tua in 2022 or the Dolphins will go in a different direction

Back
Top Bottom