What if the Dolphins wait until next year to pick a QB? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if the Dolphins wait until next year to pick a QB?

I don’t know what is responsible for making everyone believe a team full of rookies with a new OC and Rosen/Fitz are going to result in such a drastically better record. It is entirely possible the team regresses and has a worse record

If we get worse with 13 drafts picks and 100 million in cap, we need to fire everyone. I mean everyone. Im not expecting a playoff run but if we win 3-4 games next year, everyone is gone.

Last edited:
If we get worse with 13 drafts picks and 100 million in cap, we need to fire everyone. I mean everyone. Im not expecting a playoff run but if we win 3-4 games next year, everyone is gone.

Be prepared to be disappointed. And hence why half this fan base will not see a proper ground up rebuild through.

Laughable really.

Can you image if those rumors of us trading with the Redskins at #2 comes to life and we draft......... Chase Young!

Omg the bored would go nuts but Chase Young is a stud who would prob be worth it.

That being said I still want Tua. Trade up to 3 if we must. Get me Tua!

It is fine with me if they wait until 2021 to draft a QB. As long as they build up their offensive and defensive lines in the draft and in free agency, I am okay with them going with Rosen during the 2020 season and using Fitzpatrick to mentor Rosen as his backup.
If they determine Rosen isn’t their QB of the future after the 2020 season is over, they can always draft a QB in the 2021 draft.

I think Burrow is the only likely franchise QB in this years draft. While I loved Tua when he was healthy, I just don’t think he will last very long in the NFL because he has shown that he is injury prone. Herbert might turn out to be a good NFL QB but I would not be upset if they didn’t take him at 5 and instead took the best offensive or defensive lineman on the board at 5.

And you know which ones will turn out to be shtty. Of course you do. You're a fan. You must know. The experts can barely get it right but you, you got the "it" factor, my friend. I'm sure Russel Wilson in the 3rd was a passion pick.

The entire point of perhaps waiting for a later time in the draft to make a pick is precisely the opposite of reaching so I don't understand what your retort is.

And taking a shot in the mid to late rounds on a QB is not in anyway more shtty than doing so for another position. They both have the same percentage of being a star/making the team. The difference is one would be a homerun while the other is a grandslam.

no I don’t nor did I ever say I did. If you’d lose the the sarcasm long enough to read the post I stated that if “our” meaning Miami’s staff. I have no clue who is going to be good or not nor am I stating I do. Just saying if we have say Tua,Herbert and Burrow as top 3 and they are all gone, don’t go and draft Love because he’s the next best thing and we need a qb. I don’t care what they do in the mid rounds draft a punter for all I care just don’t waste 1st round picks that you need to and have the best chance of hitting on for a qb that shouldn’t be taken there and you don’t have highly graded simply because we “need a qb”

Be prepared to be disappointed. And hence why half this fan base will not see a proper ground up rebuild through.

Laughable really.

You dont get 2 years of sucking ass. Sure we win 5 games this year, Im fine with that. We go the other direction then we didnt make the correct decision in the offseason. I expect us to win 5-6 games this year. I dont have unreasonable expectations.

The "rebuild" hasnt even started yet, we just watched the season after the "tear down." Let's see who we pickup in FA and the draft before we start talking about failing or playoffs in 2020.

Now if we dont address the offensive and defensive lines and end up with Herbert..... then I'll join you guys in panicking sooner than later.

You dont get 2 years of sucking ***. Sure we win 5 games this year, Im fine with that. We go the other direction then we didnt make the correct decision in the offseason. I expect us to win 5-6 games this year. I dont have unreasonable expectations.

Miami without Fitzpatrick is a 1 or 2 win team in 2019, tops.

no I don’t nor did I ever say I did. If you’d lose the the sarcasm long enough to read the post I stated that if “our” meaning Miami’s staff. I have no clue who is going to be good or not nor am I stating I do. Just saying if we have say Tua,Herbert and Burrow as top 3 and they are all gone, don’t go and draft Love because he’s the next best thing and we need a qb. I don’t care what they do in the mid rounds draft a punter for all I care just don’t waste 1st round picks that you need to and have the best chance of hitting on for a qb that shouldn’t be taken there and you don’t have highly graded simply because we “need a qb”

You're right, dude. My bad. Sarcasm not needed nor deserved.

Again, though, if Hebert is not your guy nor Love, wait a little longer until a guy you like falls within reach or to you and if you have to trade up a few spots without giving a kings ransom, yah do it.

There will be interesting projects in the second and third and God only knows if we'll strike oil. But if you refuse to dig...

Can you image if those rumors of us trading with the Redskins at #2 comes to life and we draft......... Chase Young!

Omg the bored would go nuts but Chase Young is a stud who would prob be worth it.

That being said I still want Tua. Trade up to 3 if we must. Get me Tua!
We had Chase Young. His name was Jason Taylor. How was our playoff success with a Fiedler/Taylor combo? Of course it isn't worth it.

Waiting until next year only makes sense if the Dolphins feel Tua, Herbert, Love, Eason, Fromm and others are busts...I don't buy them secretly loving Rosen. That is a MAJOR gamble, especially if the team continues to get better as this draft position is a prime spot and they may not be in this position next year. The #5 pick and this QB class are a perfect match IMO.

The danger comes in this team getting cute. There are a LOT of talented players in this draft and if Flo and Grier fall in love with a non QB at the top all bets are off. Hopefully they see the forest for the trees and realize nothing will help the optimism around this franchise more than drafting a QB this year. I can't imagine them writing off Tua, Herbert AND Love, and would be disappointed if they did.

Back
Top Bottom