What Is Jake Long Worth To You? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is Jake Long Worth To You?

He hasn't been playing all pro status for over a year he shouldn't demand all pro money. In this case the juice is not worth the squeeze, I will take a 1st rounder for him.

So Peyton manning was worth what.....poor argument my friend.

I think you can only trade him if you take Tannehill at #8. Whether we like it or not, as of right now Jake Long is the face of the franchise. If you trade Long and then STILL dont draft a QB, then we have nobody.

So Peyton manning was worth what.....poor argument my friend.
He would demand what the market will pay him, and there are plenty of bad teams that overvalue the position. I'll overpay for a QB over a LT any day of the week.

I'd like to keep him but i really don't see him playing for anything over a few years and i think his best days are behind him..........and it all started when he got hurt in the 4Q of a per season game two years ago " Thanks Tony "

Since that day he's been playing hurt.

pay the damn man

he is the best at his position! and now a days a first round QB is not that expensive

Pay him what what ever we need to so he can keep our young franchise QB (whom ever it is) standing up straight

When it comes time to resign our QB Jake Long will be about 9-12 years in to his career and will likely take less money to stay with a team that has been good to him over the years

that's just what I'm thinking. he is the best player we have who else are going to spend the money on?

'99 St Louis Rams - Orlando Pace was the cornerstone of the Greatest Show on Turf.

I kind of think Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Holt and Bruce had way more to do with that than Pace...though I agree he was a great tackle. The last several Super Bowl winners have proven you don't need first round offensive lineman to win. I'd love to keep Jake but dumping 50mm in a LT is not a smart move in a salary capped league. His 58mm we gave him already is a big reason we have next to no cap room now.

Add the fact that he's experienced significant injuries and was not the same player this year and it really doesn't make sense. Drop the money on offensive playmakers and get a 1st rounder if you can.

Why would you pay someone who has not been healthy for over a year? That is absurd. Remember Boselli? Great left tackle for a few years....got big bucks and was never healthy again. Long needs to prove he can be healthy to warrant big money. Miami paying him now would be stupid. THat is a move that would set the franchise back if Long follows the Boselli mold. Miami is shifting their scheme to zone blocking and moving the ball quick. Green Bay's Oline was not that great but was made to look better because the qb makes quick reads. If Long is healthy, a big if at this point, then you pay him. At this point Miami would be wise to protect themselves.

? Don't understand the logic.. You have a pro bowl left tackle that's still in his prime and you trade him? Lol...

? Don't understand the logic.. You have a pro bowl left tackle that's still in his prime and you trade him? Lol...

The logic behind it is that winning games is the ultimate goal, and what keeps guys employed. Having a pro-bowl left tackle isn't going to keep you employed... several coaches who were fired while having the best left tackle in the league will vouch.

Nor does it prevent your quarterback from being knocked out of the game. Chad Pennington, Pat White, Chad Henne, and anybody else that was knocked out of the game behind Jake Long will attest.

The objective is to build a cohesive unit up front. You don't need a $346 billion dollar left tackle to achieve it.

Explain the logic behind sinking that much money into a position that isn't going to make any difference as to whether or not you're a winning football team? What exactly is the logic behind paying a guy who's damaged goods that much money?

Hell, he might decide he doesn't want to keep spinning his wheels with a stagnant franchise like Miami and reject their offer to go play for a team that has a clue. Then you lost him for nothing.

If they decide to sink all that money into Jake Long... Joe Philbin will be gone in 3 years at the most without even having a chance to succeed.

Sig it. Quote it. Sticky it... and keep it.

At least give this guy a chance to build something off a model that works.

Trading Jake Long would be the stupidest thing we could do, especially considering how we plan to play free agency going forward, and how we plan on drafting a QB.

Even if we traded long and drafted a new LT, our goal would be to develop him into the best LT, and he would then be commanding $10 mil a year anyway...unless you guys are suggesting we draft someone that sucks like Columbo, and let him continue to suck so qwe dont have to pay the LT position that much? You guys are hilarious.

Name me a team that has won the Super Bowl with an elite left tackle?
Your kidding right ? How long have you been watching football ?
Of the 3 best LTs of the past 10-15 years..... 2 of them won the SB, and the third made it and lost.
Pace, Ogden, Jones. try again.

Trade our all pro left tackle cause we can replace him with later picks in the drafts or via free agency....you people are crazy! You don't trade your best player unless they are a cancer or you have a ready made replacement ready to step in. We don't have that and should not consider trading long...
I don't like the thought of trading our best player, but our best player shouldn't be paid 1/6 of the cap money either. Esp when that best player is only 1/5 of the line. it takes 5 guys to make a good line, not just one really well paid one.

Your kidding right ? How long have you been watching football ?
Of the 3 best LTs of the past 10-15 years..... 2 of them won the SB, and the third made it and lost.
Pace, Ogden, Jones. try again.

What is that 2 out of how many???
And I have been watching football probably longer than you've been alive...42 years

try again

Back
Top Bottom