What Is Jake Long Worth To You? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is Jake Long Worth To You?

so we continue to pay him at the expense of upgrading the rest of the team?

We can draft the #1 tackle in the draft this year at what 1/3 of the cost at #8? and then trade him for more draft picks...

the team is more important than long...restructure and if he doesnt, send him away for picks...

But you're gambling an all-pro tackle in the hopes that you find one who isn't Robert Gallery or Levi Brown.....

I get what you're saying in theory, but think it's highly unlikely the Dolphins would consider that route and therefore MUST re-sign or tag Jake Long.

Plus it's hard to say you're paying him at the expense of upgrading the team, when he really is the only asset you're extremely invested in financially other than Karlos Dansby and even if you did extend his contract you wouldn't have to give him a huge raise because of what he was making coming out of the draft.

I kind of think Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Holt and Bruce had way more to do with that than Pace...though I agree he was a great tackle. The last several Super Bowl winners have proven you don't need first round offensive lineman to win. I'd love to keep Jake but dumping 50mm in a LT is not a smart move in a salary capped league. His 58mm we gave him already is a big reason we have next to no cap room now.

Add the fact that he's experienced significant injuries and was not the same player this year and it really doesn't make sense. Drop the money on offensive playmakers and get a 1st rounder if you can.

Seriously? How about the dead money on the books?

Trade him for a 1st pick and a 2nd pick. We could get serviceable linemen anywhere...

gosh, that #1 overall pick should have went to Matt Ryan ;/

I trade him to the colts this year along with our first and 3rd and next years 2nd for the #1 overall pick

Seeing as how we don't have an elite QB we better invest in keeping what few elite players we have. My guess is Ireland will be willing to let the only two players (Long, Wake) who could be considered to be top 10 at their position to walk after next year.

Back
Top Bottom