What Is Jake Long Worth To You? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is Jake Long Worth To You?

but our best player shouldn't be paid 1/6 of the cap money either

Not trying to split hairs, I get your point, but he is getting paid $11.2 million this year, with a team cap limit of $120.6 million. Thats 9% of the cap as it stands now. Even average LT's make $5-6 million per year.

He's a franchise player and the best LT in the NFL, no way we trade him. Screw that, what's done is done.

Not trying to split hairs, I get your point, but he is getting paid $11.2 million this year, with a team cap limit of $120.6 million. Thats 9% of the cap as it stands now. Even average LT's make $5-6 million per year.
No worries, 9 percent this year, maybe 10 to 15 percent next year? we need to really adjust where the majority of our money is invested. doesn't do us any good to spend money on the rims, if we're only running a v4 engine.

What's he worth to me personally?....

I'd probably trade a pair of slacks and my xbox for him to be my servant.

People Long is DAMAGED goods right now. Why would you make him the highest paid tackle in football. Why can't people on here separate that fact? INJURY prone= not worth the money. He can't be the best tackle in football from the sidelines. Also, he has not been the best tackle in football the last year because he has been INJURED!!!

When your high-priced QB repeatedly gets sacked from his blind-side because you have a bargain-basement LT or your OC has to devise a gimmick offense to compensate for crappy OT play, then you all will realize how much Jake Long is worth. Of course, by then, he'll be somewhere else protecting somebody else's high-priced QB.

As a Bills fan, I know how this works. The Bills former "brain trust" of Russ Brandon and HC Dick Jauron (//barf!) didn't think Jason Peters was worth top dollar either. They traded him to Philly rather than pay him what a Pro Bowl LT is worth, so he could protect Donovan McNabb and then Michael Vick. Meanwhile, the Bills have suffered with Demetrius Bell at LT (when he can stay healthy) and are still on the prowl for somebody better, possibly Riley Rieff at #10 in the 2012 draft.

Pay Long. A QB can't throw many TDs when he's on the ground or running for his life.

People Long is DAMAGED goods right now. Why would you make him the highest paid tackle in football. Why can't people on here separate that fact? INJURY prone= not worth the money. He can't be the best tackle in football from the sidelines. Also, he has not been the best tackle in football the last year because he has been INJURED!!!
just to set the record straight, right now Jake Long is 100% healthy

im not going to turn my back on the guy just cause he had a off year with some tough injuries, i like long, he sets the bar high for our team, if our hole team had his attitude we would have won the superbowl by now, injured or not the guy is a warrior and u gotta respect him for that. He has no quit in him is what i love about um. You all can say he played like **** this year but really, the hole dolphins franchise played like **** this year, it was a terrible year for the hole franchise, u cant just blame one player for a team that just had a melt down due to whatever problems we had. With all that said, we spent way too much to get him only to give him up for not equal value. Its just not worth giving him up at this point. Jake should be a dolphin his hole career and none of us should ever want him to go anywhere. I went to dolphins training camp after the lockout last year, and if u see long work out, you get a good feel for what his about, when i saw him do wall drills with his hips smackin that ball on the wall, all i said was "we are lucky to have this guy on our team". Its nothing like you ever seen before. Instead of worrying about long, we need to worry about fixing the other side of our line, long will hold it down when he gets back to form.

Guy who started 61 games in a row is now considered injury prone?

I don't think it's possible to trade someone like Jake Long and say 'this made our team better.'

Guy who started 61 games in a row is now considered injury prone?

I don't think it's possible to trade someone like Jake Long and say 'this made our team better.'

This. For sure. He's arguably the best player on our team, especially at his posistion. Pay The Man.

Wasn't even in the same century

So what? If the Rams had won again in 2000 it would have been this century but you would have said that it wasn't even this decade. Maybe next time you phrase your question with "this century" at the end. You asked for one team. Period.

And for the record, it was a pretty stupid question to ask in the 1st place. I was being charitable in responding at all.

I expect that will not be enough
is he fast enough to be a zone blocker? I dont think denver had anyone nearly his side when they won their SBs and were using the zone blocking scheme...

truthfully With as much as he costs, he should be traded unless he takes a pay cut in the next contract...he made enough money, but we can draft a LT at 8 that would be almost just as good with a much smaller price tag...

he is not worth anything if he costs too much to upgrade the team...

Name me a team that has won the Super Bowl with an elite left tackle?

Thomas,Long,Clady,Groos,Roos,Peters,Ferguson,McNeil,Light,Penn,Whitworth,
Free,Okung,Backus...

Draft his replacement an trade him this season for draft picks

That's a stupid argument.

Name a team that's won a Super Bowl with a bad offensive line?

Jake Long anchors our offensive line, and when healthy is one of the two best o-linemen in the game. He's our best player, our best piece. Getting rid of him would be idiotic, unless he has another health setback. The franchise tag is the right move to make with him. You can't just ditch him and find a "replacement" just because other teams with great tackles have not won a Super Bowl (yet). Jake Long is not the reason this team hasn't had a lot of success while he's been here. Nor is Joe Thomas in Cleveland.

That's a stupid argument.

Name a team that's won a Super Bowl with a bad offensive line?

Jake Long anchors our offensive line, and when healthy is one of the two best o-linemen in the game. He's our best player, our best piece. Getting rid of him would be idiotic, unless he has another health setback. The franchise tag is the right move to make with him. You can't just ditch him and find a "replacement" just because other teams with great tackles have not won a Super Bowl (yet). Jake Long is not the reason this team hasn't had a lot of success while he's been here. Nor is Joe Thomas in Cleveland.
so we continue to pay him at the expense of upgrading the rest of the team?

We can draft the #1 tackle in the draft this year at what 1/3 of the cost at #8? and then trade him for more draft picks...

the team is more important than long...restructure and if he doesnt, send him away for picks...

Back
Top Bottom