What might the Dolphins do with the 13.6m coming this week | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What might the Dolphins do with the 13.6m coming this week

I would be surprised if Cook was a Dolphin in 2023 there just isn't the money he would want here unless there willing to push off more into 2024. More than likely we find a cheap DT to replace the one we lost and call it a day.
We have 3 RB's already and believe were 25 mil in debt for 2024 and that's without signing our FA.

mtv bar GIF
1685458900704.png

I would be surprised if Cook was a Dolphin in 2023 there just isn't the money he would want here unless there willing to push off more into 2024. More than likely we find a cheap DT to replace the one we lost and call it a day.
We have 3 RB's already and believe were 25 mil in debt for 2024 and that's without signing our FA.

I like Doug. Doug uses brain well.

Well, I would sign Seiler before he gets too expensive. I would also tell Wilkins not to worry, he will be paid nicely next year! I know it most likely won't happen but that's what I would do

Give it to me as a pain and suffering payout for being a Dolphin fan over the past quarter century! It’s a start!

Here's my take.
Just a hypothetical scenario.

4th and goal on the 1
12 seconds on the clock
Down by 5
Mike White is the QB due to unfortunate events.

MM KNOWS he's calling a running play.

You have Mostert
Wilson
Cook

Which RB are you confident will get you that win?

OK, maybe you say all 3.

Let's look at it this.

Which one do you NOT have to draw up a scheme play to ensure the TD?

Which RB can you just hand the ball off to and feel confident will get the TD?

That's the value Cook adds over Mostert and Wilson IMO. Cook makes 3rd and shorts easy decisions for MM.

Mostert and Wilson not so much

May seem like a small thing.

But that alone changes PPG and TOP
It doesn't make sense to the others. They would rather have a bag of cash that vanishes if not spent this year than to have a plan to win offensively if our oft injured QB goes down.

Factoring in how often you think that specific scenario is likely to occur (it's possible it never occurs), as well as the fact that you are now into the realm of projecting Cook making the score 8 of 10, verses another back making the score 7 of 10 (as an example), what is that truly worth in terms of a contract?

I know one thing, making decisions based on a theoretical scenario like that one is not a good decision making process, overall.

I am assuming you missed the other situation I mentioned.

Sure, I started with the hypothetical.

But I also mentioned 3rd and shorts. This would change PPG and TOP.

So now your 70% or 80% numbers look ALOT different over the course of a season for a situation that occurs multiple times a game.

I know you'll say hyperbole or my opinion. But there's a reason MM kept trying to throw on short yardage situations. It wasn't because he was just pass happy

Additionally, the point also being made is you have to design a play for Mostert and Wilson. They are not going to reliably just be able to rush right up the middle for that 1st down consistently. We saw this last year.

So now your 70% or 80% numbers look ALOT different over the course of a season for a situation that occurs multiple times a game.

I know you'll say hyperbole or my opinion. But there's a reason MM kept trying to throw on short yardage situations. It wasn't because he was just pass happy

Additionally, the point also being made is you have to design a play for Mostert and Wilson. They are not going to reliably just be able to rush right up the middle for that 1st down consistently. We saw this last year.
Quit making sense. The Anti Cook posters don't care for that. Also, don't bring up how extending Wilkins could give us even more cap space this year.

It doesn't make sense to the others. They would rather have a bag of cash that vanishes if not spent this year than to have a plan to win offensively if our oft injured QB goes down.

Exactly.

Cook gives us OPTION B or option A if Tua is out.

Maybe MM can do it. But Mostert and Wilson don't give me a sense of confidence if we have to rely on our running game for a 4 game stretch. They don't instill confidence for me to carry their 4.9 YPC when other defenses are scheming against the run because they know we have no viable QB

MM may be stubborn, but he's not stupid. There is a reason he wad reluctant to run more then he did

Without blocking, neither is Cook.

Let's not pretend he's Jerome Bettis or something.

Besides that, if all you're looking for is a big, short yardage back, there are much cheaper ways to go about it.

Like I said, cost/benefit. It's not a matter of yes or no. It's a matter of the point where cost outweighs benefit. Now, that point can certainly be debated, but I see many that just see it so black and white that's its hard to take their opinion seriously.

Out of curiosity, what type of contract would you be willing to offer ($, years, guarantees)? Until we establish that, the rest is just rhetoric.

Exactly.

Cook gives us OPTION B or option A if Tua is out.

Maybe MM can do it. But Mostert and Wilson don't give me a sense of confidence if we have to rely on our running game for a 4 game stretch. They don't instill confidence for me to carry their 4.9 YPC when other defenses are scheming against the run because they know we have no viable QB

MM may be stubborn, but he's not stupid. There is a reason he wad reluctant to run more then he did
Right. To me, bringing in Cook is a major box to check. 1. It gives Achane a chance to learn the speed and for he and Mostert to be integrated into the passing game. 2. It causes defenders to have to respect Cook and have to stack the box to stop him which then opens the previously referenced passing game with three defenders to have to cover Hill, Waddle, and up to two more players depending if we're using Ingold on the same play. 3. It gives us an opportunity to pivot to a run first team if Tua gets hurt which will make life easier for White or Skylar to win in a complementary passing game.

The amount Cook wants is doable. We also have the opportunity to free up more space as needed with an extension of Wilkins. It's doable. Now freaking do it later this week.

Quit making sense. The Anti Cook posters don't care for that. Also, don't bring up how extending Wilkins could give us even more cap space this year.
Wilkins has zero to do with cook in an immediate sense.

Also, just because someone looks at it from a cost/benefit perspective, doesn't mean they are "anti Cook". That is total hyperbole.

What is the top contract you would offer ($, years, guarantees)?

Last edited:
Here's my take.
Just a hypothetical scenario.

4th and goal on the 1
12 seconds on the clock
Down by 5
Mike White is the QB due to unfortunate events.

MM KNOWS he's calling a running play.

You have Mostert
Wilson
Cook

Which RB are you confident will get you that win?

OK, maybe you say all 3.

Let's look at it this.

Which one do you NOT have to draw up a scheme play to ensure the TD?

Which RB can you just hand the ball off to and feel confident will get the TD?

That's the value Cook adds over Mostert and Wilson IMO. Cook makes 3rd and shorts easy decisions for MM.

Mostert and Wilson not so much

May seem like a small thing.

But that alone changes PPG and TOP
I fake It to Mostert and hit Archane out of the backfield and win the game. The only way I want Cook is if he is willing to come to Miami on a big discount over what some other teams are willing to pay him.

Most of the money should be used to try and work out new deals for, Wilkins, Sieler, Williams, or Hunt. There is no way the Dolphins can afford to let all 4 of those players go in free agency after the season.

Back
Top Bottom