What might the Dolphins do with the 13.6m coming this week | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What might the Dolphins do with the 13.6m coming this week

Wilkins has zero to do with cook in an immediate sense.

Also, just because someone looks at it from a cost/benefit perspective, doesn't mean they are "anti Cook". That is total hyperbole.

What it the top contract you would offer ($, years guarantees)?
Wilkins has to do with these recurring debates because you and other Anti Cookers cite that he'd gobble up all of our available cap room which is indeed hyperbole. Giving Wilkins a new deal frees up money which supplements how much we have to spend for emergencies and negate yours and other Anti Cookers' primary take. We'd have money to do what we need to do if there's an emergency signing required.

Regarding what contract $ I offer to Cook, I don't have a specific number. Everything is a negotiation and the Phins are a hot team plus allows him to sleep in his Miami bed every night of the home schedule. While a "home town discount" shouldn't;t be expected, there is a value to him playing for the team he grew up watching and being able to live and work in his home town.

It doesn't make sense to the others. They would rather have a bag of cash that vanishes if not spent this year than to have a plan to win offensively if our oft injured QB goes down.
The bag of cash doesnā€™t vanish, my friendā€”it would roll to next year. That said, Cook at the right price is a no-brainer.

Without blocking, neither is Cook.

Let's not pretend he's Jerome Bettis or something.

Besides that, if all you're looking for is a big, short yardage back, there are much cheaper ways to go about it.

Like I said, cost/benefit. It's not a matter of yes or no. It's a matter of the point where cost outweighs benefit. Now, that point can certainly be debated, but I see many that just see it so black and white that's its hard to take their opinion seriously.

Out of curiosity, what type of contract would you be willing to offer ($, years, guarantees)? Until we establish that, the rest is just rhetoric.

See, now i can't take your opinion on this seriously.

You are focusing on 1 point out of 3 and responding as that's the overall point.

This response from you you state "Besides that, if all you're looking for is a big, short yardage back, there are much cheaper ways to go about it."

Very clearly, that's not what I am saying. You know this, and skipped over the other points

Last response you focused on the hypothetical scenario and ignores the 3rd and shorts.
I respect you enough to assume you didn't read that part.

Lastly, you now want contract specifics, otherwise you claim it's just rhetoric.

Again, I have stated multiple times what I am willing to pay.

For more PPG and for more TOP I would absolutely be willing to pay him his 9-10 million a year maybe more. Let's see what his asking price is

So let's be sincere and take my opinion as a whole on the matter and not solely just look at 1 or 2 parts of my opinion not the other 7

Wilkins has to do with these recurring debates because you and other Anti Cookers cite that he'd gobble up all of our available cap room which is indeed hyperbole. Giving Wilkins a new deal frees up money which supplements how much we have to spend for emergencies and negate yours and other Anti Cookers' primary take. We'd have money to do what we need to do if there's an emergency signing required.

Regarding what contract $ I offer to Cook, I don't have a specific number. Everything is a negotiation and the Phins are a hot team plus allows him to sleep in his Miami bed every night of the home schedule. While a "home town discount" shouldn't;t be expected, there is a value to him playing for the team he grew up watching and being able to live and work in his home town.
I've never said any such thing. That may be true of some, but don't apply blanket statements that put words in my mouth.

As I've said many times, it would be possible to structure a CW extension in such a way as to actually count less against the cap this year. Cook has absolutely nothing to do with that situation. My guess is that the two sides simply do not see eye to eye on the contract numbers.

So you have no opinion on his value or potential usage in this specific system, you just know you want him?

Alrighty then. Carry on.

The Cookaneers propose the following:

3YR/$33MM with $10MM guaranteed
- Y1 - $10MM with $6MM guaranteed, $1MM incentives
- Y2 - $11MM with $3MM guaranteed, $2MM incentives
- Y3 - $12MM with $1MM guaranteed, $3MM incentives

Aaron Jones, 29, recently signed a 2-year contract with GB worth $11.5MM AAV with $8MM guarantee.

See, now i can't take your opinion on this seriously.

You are focusing on 1 point out of 3 and responding as that's the overall point.

This response from you you state "Besides that, if all you're looking for is a big, short yardage back, there are much cheaper ways to go about it."

Very clearly, that's not what I am saying. You know this, and skipped over the other points

Last response you focused on the hypothetical scenario and ignores the 3rd and shorts.
I respect you enough to assume you didn't read that part.

Lastly, you now want contract specifics, otherwise you claim it's just rhetoric.

Again, I have stated multiple times what I am willing to pay.

For more PPG and for more TOP I would absolutely be willing to pay him his 9-10 million a year maybe more. Let's see what his asking price is

So let's be sincere and take my opinion as a whole on the matter and not solely just look at 1 or 2 parts of my opinion not the other 7
Great idea for a poll.....

We need some more oline depth. I wish Shell was still out there but any addition to the depth of the oline should be priority.

I like the idea of Hicks more then Cook. Our RBs are more than solid already, we should spend the money on weaknesses not big name players.... THIS ISNT MADDEN!

Bored Nothing GIF

Get Cook.

Get cooked. - LOL

Nothing against Cook, but we need to control the money for future needs, not those "of the moment", because we have 40 or so players coming in to fix all those spots.

We will see what's what - or more like who can do what - and then we will see if we need to make more expenditures and where and who might "do the job".

I've never said any such thing. That may be true of some, but don't apply blanket statements that put words in my mouth.

As I've said many times, it would be possible to structure a CW extension in such a way as to actually count less against the cap this year. Cook has absolutely nothing to do with that situation. My guess is that the two sides simply do not see eye to eye on the contract numbers.

So you have no opinion on his value or potential usage in this specific system, you just know you want him?

Alrighty then. Carry on.
Get cooked. - LOL

Nothing against Cook, but we need to control the money for future needs, not those "of the moment", because we have 40 or so players coming in to fix all those spots.

We will see what's what - or more like who can do what - and then we will see if we need to make more expenditures and where and who might "do the job".
None of you seem to comprehend what Cook can do to upgrade how the defense has to play our offense. The "of the moment" need to get Cook is what could have us playing into late January and February. You and others are acting like wimps on this topic. I hope the Phins go get him and irritate the **** out of you.

None of you seem to comprehend what Cook can do to upgrade how the defense has to play our offense. The "of the moment" need to get Cook is what could have us playing into late January and February. You and others are acting like wimps on this topic. I hope the Phins go get him and irritate the **** out of you.
You do realize that is opinion, not a factual statement, right?

Back
Top Bottom