What might the Dolphins do with the 13.6m coming this week | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What might the Dolphins do with the 13.6m coming this week

Factoring in how often you think that specific scenario is likely to occur (it's possible it never occurs), as well as the fact that you are now into the realm of projecting Cook making the score 8 of 10, verses another back making the score 7 of 10 (as an example), what is that truly worth in terms of a contract?

I know one thing, making decisions based on a theoretical scenario like that one is not a good decision making process, overall.

So? You are not a fan of analytics? /s?

Seriously, if we are dealing w/ hypothetical situations... We could also say that Ezukanma has blossomed & throwing a fade to him would be just as easy as "ground and pound"

I am rankled by the concept that there is a single person that considers themselves to be a fan that would not immediately want Cook on this roster.
Why do you keep dismissing the idea that one can want him on the roster, but it needs to be at a reasonable price, in line with what is the expected production? It isn't nearly as black and white as you purport.

Are you just argueing for the sake of arguement?

Let's try to keep the posts football related and emotions in check.. There's no reason for adults to hurl accusations, insults, and demeaning implications.

Why do you keep dismissing the idea that one can want him on the roster, but it needs to be at a reasonable price, in line with what is the expected production? It isn't nearly as black and white as you purport.

Are you just argueing for the sake of arguement?
Are you? Your speculative expectations are more factual than mine? How do you know what price Grier is good with? We're dipshits on a fan forum. Quit making it out like you have any better of an idea to what gets Cook and what makes Grier say no thanks.

Are you? Your speculative expectations are more factual than mine? How do you know what price Grier is good with? We're dipshits on a fan forum. Quit making it out like you have any better of an idea to what gets Cook and what makes Grier say no thanks.
The difference is, I lay out my reasoning and explain how I came to a conclusion. I factor in likely projected usage, $, etc.

You accuse ppl that disagree of having soft peckers.

See the difference?

We need to keep at least half that for in season signings for injuries. The rest ain't much and should be saved to carry over next season. People suggesting that we add Cook or some other big name don't understand how the cap works and what we need heading in to the season...

I would rather the money be invested in the depth of the team than to give a pile of it to a single player in Cook.

I would also be okay if Cook ends up playing for Miami, so long as he does well and doesn't cost a small fortune.

As evidenced by what happened to us last year, injuries happen and we are only as strong as our weakest link.

Cooks rush yards over expected is very poor. He looks to have lost a step last year. He has been injured a fair amount. He isn’t who I would choose to go after.

Flemming seems like a no brainer.

We need to keep at least half that for in season signings for injuries. The rest ain't much and should be saved to carry over next season. People suggesting that we add Cook or some other big name don't understand how the cap works and what we need heading in to the season...
Others don't understand that you add cap space getting a Wilkins deal done that supplements some/much (depending) on what you gave up to get Cook. It's not a binary choice between extending Wilkins or getting Cook.

I am rankled by the concept that there is a single person that considers themselves to be a fan that would not immediately want Cook on this roster.
The “anti Cook” language isn’t particularly helpful

No one here is making the decision so I suppose it comes down to your perception of the off season and front office if we do / do not sign him

For me (and I think probably most of the anti Cook 😅 faction) I’ll be happy is we sign him to a reasonable contract and I agree it wouldn’t impact Wilkins’ extension … but if we don’t it doesn’t really diminish the good work that has been put in to make us stronger going into next season.

The “anti Cook” language isn’t particularly helpful

No one here is making the decision so I suppose it comes down to your perception of the off season and front office if we do / do not sign him

For me (and I think probably most of the anti Cook 😅 faction) I’ll be happy is we sign him to a reasonable contract and I agree it wouldn’t impact Wilkins’ extension … but if we don’t it doesn’t really diminish the good work that has been put in to make us stronger going into next season.
It doesn't? Who in the RB room does what Cook can do in the form of changing how the defense plays us? If Tua goes down, our current RB room can't consistently field a run first offense. This makes us have to hope Skylar or White can do what Tua does in the passing game. They can't. We are at that point still a passing team with our passer out. Sure, we can get lucky. But Cook changes how the defense plays us while giving us the chance to lead with the run should Tua go down.

None of you seem to comprehend what Cook can do to upgrade how the defense has to play our offense. The "of the moment" need to get Cook is what could have us playing into late January and February. You and others are acting like wimps on this topic. I hope the Phins go get him and irritate the **** out of you.

While I have my ideas on who I would like to see on our team, I'll leave it to the coaching staff and front office to make those decisions due to their having a much higher level of knowledge about both the players and our needs than most posters.

Training camp will result in our basic roster, which should be completed after our pre-season games. Any necessary player additions should be made then, when the largest number of unemployed NFL caliber players are available due to other NFL teams getting down to their final roster, along with any unsigned FA's still available.

I do know we can't buy everything we want right away, so once we have committed most of our money to the 90 plus roster, I expect the FO to maintain a "slush fund for those "unexpected" events that occur during the course of an NFL season.

That should be simple enough to understand, even for most of the posters on this board. - LOL

My comprehension looks pretty good from here. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom