What offseason FA is everyone interested in? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What offseason FA is everyone interested in?

I wonder how we would play standing up, as an LB?

I feel like the jags have primarily used him as a 43 pass rusher... I mean we could get his hand in the dirt on some downs, but yeah wonder how he would do... Like the player a good bit but curious about this

anyone have any thoughts to this...?

@j-off-her-doll ? @hoops ?

We’d use him as a 43 de and as a 34 rush lb. probably more 43 de. he wouldn’t play any 5 tech ask. That would be dumb.

But I’m not paying Yannick $85 mil and he’s gonna chase the money

Henry, Gordon or Eckler. I do not want to use a draft pick on a running back specially a high one. As for other positions, that money has to be spent if we want to compete. We need at the very least 3 starting Olineman a starting running back, another WR. on D a DE/Olb a corner and 2 safety’s. My God by my count that’s at least 10 starters when you add a QB

Last edited:
Wtf do we want mariota for?

You guys trying to win something worth a damn before we die?

Yeesh

I think Mariota can turn his career around on the right team, just doubt Miami is that team. He still might be a better qb option over the next 5 years than some of the available free agent qbs or the second tier 2020 rookie qbs. For example I would say he has a better chance of leading a team to the playoffs in the next 5 seasons as Love or Montez does in their first 5 seasons. I like Jordan Love, but it might take a few years before he's ready.

Last edited:
Bridgewater was throwing to Michael Thomas who just may break the single season receiving record. And he benefited from a great running game. I don't know that his 5 game "audition" as good as it looked, is realistic. I'd rather go to the well for fresh talent.
Not to mention Sean P as coach, he's really good.

Bridge water sucks. He’s not a good QB. He survives in the NO system. We can do a lot better.

Ok this one might be a bit controversial especially given Mark Walton's behaviour BUT what if Kareem Hunt hits the open market and has put his troubles behind him? Still a great talent at 27 years old and was a stud in Kansas City. Too big a risk?

Ok this one might be a bit controversial especially given Mark Walton's behaviour BUT what if Kareem Hunt hits the open market and has put his troubles behind him? Still a great talent at 27 years old and was a stud in Kansas City. Too big a risk?

My Mark Walton-like chance might be spent on Antonio Callaway. Looking at a long 2020 suspension, but when he returns his speed would look nice next to Williams, Parker, Hurns and Grant.

I wonder how we would play standing up, as an LB?

I feel like the jags have primarily used him as a 43 pass rusher... I mean we could get his hand in the dirt on some downs, but yeah wonder how he would do... Like the player a good bit but curious about this

anyone have any thoughts to this...?

@j-off-her-doll ? @hoops ?

I wouldn't pay him the kind of money he wants to play out of position in Miami. He's a very good pass rusher, but this D asks its OLB's to do more than rush the QB - demands versatility. In general, though, I think NE has it right when it lets its pass rushers walk/doesn't spend big on them.

I'd much rather have Byron Jones, and on that topic, Dallas really messed up by giving Zeke that contract. They'll keep Dak, but if they lose either Cooper or Jones, which seems likely, we can point to the Zeke contract as one of the bigger mistakes in recent memory. Even though the D is a bigger concern than the O, I think they'll probably keep Cooper and let Jones go. You don't want to give a QB a record deal then take away his best weapon. But, the bigger point is that they really ****ed themselves.

I seem to recall the Philly Eagles going after a trainload of high-$$$ free agents some years back, and getting 'em, and everybody talking about the "super team" they were. Sure as hell never showed up on the field. Buy talent, but don't go crazy about it...sets the wrong standard.

Flo doesn't want divas. I don't believe this team will be after the big money guys as the primary solution...maybe 1 (and not Clowney...didn't he already say he didn't want to play here?). I think the days of grossly overpaying for talent may finally be behind us. New England doesn't do it...Pittsburgh doesn't do it...Baltimore doesn't do it...and they seem to do OK. Miami has...Cleveland does on the regular...Denver has been...how they lookin'?

Callaway isn't very good. Walton was a bad gamble. Don't babysit for pennies.
Might not be worth the risk, but 43 receptions and 5 tds in 2018 as a rookie isn't bad. He would definately give Miami a deep threat opposite Williams and Parker.

I wouldn't pay him the kind of money he wants to play out of position in Miami. He's a very good pass rusher, but this D asks its OLB's to do more than rush the QB - demands versatility. In general, though, I think NE has it right when it lets its pass rushers walk/doesn't spend big on them.

I'd much rather have Byron Jones, and on that topic, Dallas really messed up by giving Zeke that contract. They'll keep Dak, but if they lose either Cooper or Jones, which seems likely, we can point to the Zeke contract as one of the bigger mistakes in recent memory. Even though the D is a bigger concern than the O, I think they'll probably keep Cooper and let Jones go. You don't want to give a QB a record deal then take away his best weapon. But, the bigger point is that they really ****ed themselves.
How good is Jones? Having him and Howard on the outside would improve our pass rush no matter who we have at DE. It's basically how NE's defense was schemed anyway.

A 2nd tier free agent that still has upside is D’wayne Smoot.

Back
Top Bottom