What offseason FA is everyone interested in? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What offseason FA is everyone interested in?

Per Phillips -- obviously he's struggled to stay consistently motivated since his underachieving Oklahoma days, but **** Adam Gase. He got rid of every single player who had a voice and didn't take his garbage as gospel. Deserved to be spit right in the mouth. I wish Juice did it.
Adam Gase has problem w most black player. Who he can't control. Not being racist. It just how I see it. Adam is going get fired in January.. Gase want guy who he feel comfortable with. Gase let go lot of talent in miami.

Last edited:
Dallas surely can't afford to keep Dak, Coop, and Byron Jones. I'll take whichever they let loose.
It's looking more and more like Prescott will get franchised. He's looking for $30m or more per year. Not sure Dallas will go that high, so Franchising Dak over the next 2 seasons makes sense to them. It'll be one of Cooper or Jones who shakes loose. I'm hoping Miami gets a chance at Jones.

Not going to get into names because some of these players will stay with their teams but I'd love two starting Oline guys on offense.
On defense a Safety and a pass rusher would be great. That's 4 starters and with all the cap space we have is very realistic.

That'd set up our draft for QB,WR,RB,Corner and another Oline guy depending on free agency.

If we get an OT and a guard in free agency then we could draft an OT and go with Boehm at center plus one more guy to come out of everyone else we have.

Still have to see how the guys we have do the rest of the way in order to know what we need.

It's looking more and more like Prescott will get franchised. He's looking for $30m or more per year. Not sure Dallas will go that high, so Franchising Dak over the next 2 seasons makes sense to them. It'll be one of Cooper or Jones who shakes loose. I'm hoping Miami gets a chance at Jones.
Tag a QB increase market money of Qb and nfl players. Than Dallas ain't going be able afford Dak. Just like Viking Qb. When he played for Redskins..

Not going to get into names because some of these players will stay with their teams but I'd love two starting Oline guys on offense.
On defense a Safety and a pass rusher would be great. That's 4 starters and with all the cap space we have is very realistic.

That'd set up our draft for QB,WR,RB,Corner and another Oline guy depending on free agency.

If we get an OT and a guard in free agency then we could draft an OT and go with Boehm at center plus one more guy to come out of everyone else we have.

Still have to see how the guys we have do the rest of the way in order to know what we need.

Agree. I'm inclined Miami won't sign either top two FAs at any position. They'll go for average to 2nd tier players and get quantity. Admittedly, that's based on no evidence. I just don't see Flo and staff going for big money players.

Agree. I'm inclined Miami won't sign either top two FAs at any position. They'll go for average to 2nd tier players and get quantity. Admittedly, that's based on no evidence. I just don't see Flo and staff going for big money players.
well, the few guys they got this past off season were 2nd and 3rd tier but keep in mind we didn't have a ton of money to spend and they did try to get Clowney on a trade and they did bring Flowers here but didn't want to pay high for him. I don't expect a bunch of high priced players either but I could see one or two if the right player is there and if they can work out a deal that makes sense for both sides

Byron Jones to be our Devin Mccourty type player, Jack Conklin tackles are hard to find and draft seems deeper with interior guys than legit OTs. And then some type of edge threat I like Jabaal Sheard a lot he’s older 30, but has experience in the system and wouldn’t break the bank. Then Draft Tua, Creed Humphery, and K’lavon Chaisson. Second round get another interior OL and a CB

well, the few guys they got this past off season were 2nd and 3rd tier but keep in mind we didn't have a ton of money to spend and they did try to get Clowney on a trade and they did bring Flowers here but didn't want to pay high for him. I don't expect a bunch of high priced players either but I could see one or two if the right player is there and if they can work out a deal that makes sense for both sides

I can accept that. The trick is "makes sense for both sides." My inclination against top FAs is based on demand. There seems to always be a team willing to significantly overpay and I don't see Grier/Flo as those types of guys, particularly when there will still be a few holes going in to '21. Now, if, for some reason, they can get a high demand players for less than nose bleed money, they may.

For the sake of discussion what about Teddy Bridgewater? New Orleans made that type of move years ago with Drew Brees, going the veteran route rather than the draft.

I'm not saying Bridgewater is Brees, but he fit pretty seamlessly in that offense. A move for Bridgewater wouldn't necessarily mean the Dolphins couldn't draft a quarterback, but it could let the team build both lines which needs to be done anyway.
I think he already turned us down once...

Bridgewater was throwing to Michael Thomas who just may break the single season receiving record. And he benefited from a great running game. I don't know that his 5 game "audition" as good as it looked, is realistic. I'd rather go to the well for fresh talent.

True, but it could be different now. He's had a chance to see a new coaching staff in action. Maybe he feels differently.
Hard to pry him away from a winning organization, getting millions for carrying a clipboard. Not saying impossible but unlikely. I'd be willing to give him a shot if he were open to it. You're right, a year after seeing what Flo is about may alleviate any apprehension he may have initially had.

Of the qbs going on the market, Mariota might have the most reasonable price, but not sure if Miami would be good fit for him to ressurect his career. He may need to go to a team with a more established surrounding cast and an offense built for a mobile qb, one with a lot playaction bootlegs and roll out plays.

Not as a DE but as a OLB yes. would not be fit as a 3-4 DE
I wonder how we would play standing up, as an LB?

I feel like the jags have primarily used him as a 43 pass rusher... I mean we could get his hand in the dirt on some downs, but yeah wonder how he would do... Like the player a good bit but curious about this

anyone have any thoughts to this...?

@j-off-her-doll ? @hoops ?

Back
Top Bottom