What was with all the Philly fans? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What was with all the Philly fans?

Originally posted by Dolfan02

Hey you know what...

Its the 2000's, not the 1970s, and EVERY teams' fans are traveling nowadays to away games, and a lot of them. Did you catch the Thanksgiving day game at Dallas? Did you see all the Fin fans? Yea about 15,000 IMO. And they seemed louder than the cowboy fans. Is Dallas getting all pissed? No. They still have a great fan base. Is San Diego all pissed because EVERY FREAKIN WEEK away fans are louder than charger fans? No. How bout all the Cowboy fans that were in DC yesterday, it was nuts! Is Washington's fan base going down? NO.

I think you're over-reacting. It would be wise to make a broader observation on the whole NFL rather than picking at one example.

There is still no excuse why most Dolphin fans leave at the end of the 3rd quarter... :tsk:

No passion...

I could not imagine a Pats game at Gillette Stadium where the home fans were so pathetic. Even last year when we struggled a bit, the fans came out and packed the stadium.

It seemed like Pro Player had 30% Eagles fans and a great number of Dolphins fans that were there left early in the fourth quarter (all you could see were ugly orange seats). With the nice weather in Miami what is the excuse for that pathetic a showing. It seems whenever I watch a Fins game the stadium is not near capacity and/or there are a ton of opposing fans there. Michaels and Madden were killing you guys on that tonight - and deservedly so! So lame...

Originally posted by 54zach54

There is still no excuse why most Dolphin fans leave at the end of the 3rd quarter... :tsk:

Oh please! most left at end of 3rd quarter? Lets not get carried away. SOME left at that period, which happens at EVERY MONDAY NIGHT GAME because on the east coast its 12:00am when the 4th quarter started. Some people got to get up very early to go to work the next day.

Most people left when Philly scored the last field goal to go up 34-24 with 2:52 to go in the 4th quarter. And thats being honest.

Hey you know what...

Its the 2000's, not the 1970s, and EVERY teams' fans are traveling nowadays to away games, and a lot of them. Did you catch the Thanksgiving day game at Dallas? Did you see all the Fin fans? Yea about 15,000 IMO. And they seemed louder than the cowboy fans. Is Dallas getting all pissed? No. They still have a great fan base. Is San Diego all pissed because EVERY FREAKIN WEEK away fans are louder than charger fans? No. How bout all the Cowboy fans that were in DC yesterday, it was nuts! Is Washington's fan base going down? NO.

I think you're over-reacting. It would be wise to make a broader observation on the whole NFL rather than picking at one example.
If the tickets are there to snatch up the other teams' fans will get them. I thought the phins had super bowl aspirations in the beginning of the year and these tickets should not have been available. No way that many get to the Linc. I know, somebody will say who would want to go to Philly, but even the Giants don't show up with that many fans. Huzienga to has to reevaluate the commitment of the fans. Just like the Marlins, they only show when they are winning.

I was there, it was ridiculous. There were Eagle fans EVERYWHERE. Plenty of fights too.

Oh please! most left at end of 3rd quarter? Lets not get carried away. SOME left at that period, which happens at EVERY MONDAY NIGHT GAME because on the east coast its 12:00am when the 4th quarter started. Some people got to get up very early to go to work the next day.

Most people left when Philly scored the last field goal to go up 34-24 with 2:52 to go in the 4th quarter. And thats being honest.

R U kidding me???? Unless every dolphin fan decided to dress up like an empty orange folding stadium chair this year, I guess I am wrong... It' not just Monday night games either....

Originally posted by Miafan
I was there, it was ridiculous. There were Eagle fans EVERYWHERE. Plenty of fights too.
LORD What I would have given to knock a punk a$$ eagle fan out tonight....

LORD What I would have given to knock a punk a$$ eagle fan out tonight....

hehe, dont worry, plenty of fin fans did. it just makes me angry that philly fans could actually purchase that many tickets. this would never happen in Green Bay or the majority of other NFL stadiums. there were these huge sections with hundreds of philly fans, and like 2 or 3 scattered Fin fans in between.

I agree, I am more than happy to have the opposing teams fans come up to see their tream be whooped my the dolphins anytime, but they should NEVER EVER out number our fans that's just wrong :(

I agree, I am more than happy to have the opposing teams fans come up to see their tream be whooped my the dolphins anytime, but they should NEVER EVER out number our fans that's just wrong :(
Maybe you need to get on a plane once in awhile and go to a game. Practice what you preach.

There was alot of Philly fans there. But it wasnt overwhelming. There was literally a dozen buses outside of Pro Player from Philly fans, though. Got to hand it to them, they're dedicated. We dont have dedicated fans, and the average guy going to Pro Player doesnt know his *** from his elbow.

Stranger - Way to turn this into a dicussion about the Patriots, moron. How come you guys brag about such a huge fan base, yet you've got one of the smallest stadiums of any big market?

Originally posted by CoastalBird
Maybe you need to get on a plane once in awhile and go to a game. Practice what you preach.
Hey costalBird you dumb cluck... I have flown out to 3 games this year so don't fu$king preach to me!! I live 1,800 miles away from Miami, and people who live 8 miles away do not go to as many games as I have!

just got home from the game... you know, i dont REALLY mind when the stadium is packed with jets or pat fans, im used to it and its a divisional, somewhat friendly rivalry.

but those eagles fans were pissin me the f*ck off.

Hey costalBird you dumb cluck... I have flown out to 3 games this year so don't fu$king preach to me!! I live 1,800 miles away from Miami, and people who live 8 miles away do not go to as many games as I have!
Good for you, I hope they won them 3 because you don't take losing very good and the airlines don't like air rage.

Originally posted by Amin
just got home from the game... you know, i dont REALLY mind when the stadium is packed with jets or pat fans, im used to it and its a divisional, somewhat friendly rivalry.

but those eagles fans were pissin me the f*ck off.
Amin, unfortunately I did not get to go to the game, but the Eagle fans have been pissing me off too!!!!!!!!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom