What was with all the Philly fans? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What was with all the Philly fans?

Originally posted by Miafan
I was there, it was ridiculous. There were Eagle fans EVERYWHERE. Plenty of fights too.

Did anyone else notice the Eagle fans throwing full bottles of beer down onto Dolphin fans?

It was unreal. I've always heard that Eagle fans were in fact the worst in the NFL. I never believed it. I am an admitted Jet fan hater. Jet fans are the rudest people on the planet IMO, however, I've never seen them throwing bottles on large groups.

Eagles fans.... at least the GROUPS that came to the game (not individuals.. entire groups) were the biggest A$$holes I've ever seen.

There were many fights, especially in section 435 right next to mine. There was a huge group up there and bottles of beer were consistently being thrown into the crowd below the whole game.

A$$es.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Did anyone else notice the Eagle fans throwing full bottles of beer down onto Dolphin fans?

It was unreal. I've always heard that Eagle fans were in fact the worst in the NFL. I never believed it. I am an admitted Jet fan hater. Jet fans are the rudest people on the planet IMO, however, I've never seen them throwing bottles on large groups.

Eagles fans.... at least the GROUPS that came to the game (not individuals.. entire groups) were the biggest A$$holes I've ever seen.

There were many fights, especially in section 435 right next to mine. There was a huge group up there and bottles of beer were consistently being thrown into the crowd below the whole game.

A$$es.

Non-sense I went through every South Fl. paper looking for some references to the allegd offenses.

I found nothing even remotely close to what you folks are refering to, like what was printed up for the Pats game...

wiley... we were there.. we saw it... :|

Originally posted by wileydawg

Non-sense I went through every South Fl. paper looking for some references to the allegd offenses.

I found nothing even remotely close to what you folks are refering to, like what was printed up for the Pats game...

I was there pal!

I saw it all. It happened and it was hard not to react to it. Many fans were holding back. Fans were talking about grouping together and going up there on our own because the cops could'nt control these bafoons. Normally, even if it's a Dolphin fan, if one does something like throw a bottle everyone will point him out to get him thrown out. Fellow Dolphin fan or not.

The Eagles fans denied everything as a group. Once the cops left bottles would start being launched again.

Your fans were A$$es!

Had we ever had a LEAD or won the game, the Eagles fans would have been washed away.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

I was there pal!

I saw it all. It happened and it was hard not to react to it. Many fans were holding back. Fans were talking about grouping together and going up there on our own because the cops could'nt control these bafoons. Normally, even if it's a Dolphin fan, if one does something like throw a bottle everyone will point him out to get him thrown out. Fellow Dolphin fan or not.

The Eagles fans denied everything as a group. Once the cops left bottles would start being launched again.

Your fans were A$$es!

If you all say so, then let me take this opportunity to say most Philly fans don't share that kind of hostility towards others because most are football fans first.

My sincerest apology --- Pal

There was some real a-holes there.......the cops were busier than I have ever seen it..........at least 4 arrests in my section (126), about 2 fist fights.

It was horrible but it did not compare to the worst experiences that I have seen in that stadium.......

It seems some dolphin fans in this forum forgot the infamous Bills/Fins, and Jets/Fins stadium wars of the 90's.

actually, what was funny was with like 2 mins left in the 4th, all the fights broke out. You'd see fin fans and eagle fans hurling beer bottles at each other from 20 seats away, like a bunch of kids playing dodge ball or something.

Man that's crazy I have been to every Jet and Fins game here in South FLorida since I left NY in 1994

I have seen some crazy fights during those games, but sounds like last night was a mad house just imagine if the Eagles had LOST !!!!

you see Fins Fans, and you said Jets and Bills were bad
:(

when I go to the games I enjoy myself I don't say a word because I dont' want to,

1. get kicked out of the game
2. go to jail
3. get into a fight

I'm to old for that kind of act... but like I stated I have seen some really crazy fights. here and at the Meadowlands ...

See you on the 28th...

There will be some fights for the Jets game in 2 weeks for sure.

Originally posted by Section126
There was some real a-holes there.......the cops were busier than I have ever seen it..........at least 4 arrests in my section (126), about 2 fist fights.

It was horrible but it did not compare to the worst experiences that I have seen in that stadium.......

It seems some dolphin fans in this forum forgot the infamous Bills/Fins, and Jets/Fins stadium wars of the 90's.

I went down to the game along with making out a vacation to Miami and I sat in section 125. I witnessed those fights and two things came to my mind. First, if there were an expected 25,000 Eagles fans coming to the game, where were the security guards and why couldn't they bring in more security guards/police than usual? The second thing is to those Eagle fans who went to the game. Why would you want to act stupid and create a disturbance in another team's stadium when you are the enemy? In our section alone, I had a great time with both Eagles and Dolphins fans Monday night. We had our fun and the same can be said for Dolphin fans throughout the game. I do believe all of these stories that happened during the game from everybody that was at the game. It amazes me as to why this stuff can happen, although it shouldn't surprise me at all. I'm all for having fun amongst ourselves as long as we don't bother anybody, but the fights, throwing beer bottles, etc. really disappoints me as an Eagle fan. I thought we could do better than that.

It was ridiculous. Had Miami won, there would have been even worse fights.

We're a fanbase full of Fairweather fans.

How can 1/3 of the stadium be full of Philly fans when it isn't even their most important game, and it is basically our season, at home, on MNF? WTF?

Back
Top Bottom