What was with all the Philly fans? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What was with all the Philly fans?

Originally posted by Amin
just got home from the game... you know, i dont REALLY mind when the stadium is packed with jets or pat fans, im used to it and its a divisional, somewhat friendly rivalry.

but those eagles fans were pissin me the f*ck off.
What made you more Po'ed. The E*A*G*L*E*S or the Fly Eagles Fly every time we scored a Touchdown.

Originally posted by CoastalBird
Good for you, I hope they won them 3 because you don't take losing very good and the airlines don't like air rage.

:lol:

Originally posted by 54zach54

Amin, unfortunately I did not get to go to the game, but the Eagle fans have been pissing me off too!!!!!!!!:fire:

well, if you wouldve heard the crap they were talking in our stands, youd be ready to f*ck somethin up too.

its time i go sleep this off, hopefully i wont be so upset in the morning.

I always sit in 430, and there were a few around me. The Sun Sentinal Section was completely taken over by Eagles Fans.

It was really an impressive showing by their fans. Union towns back theirs! VOTE UNION! By the way, RUSH IS WRONG!:patriot:

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Not exactly. 75% of them got busted in their s*** before the end of the 4th quarter. :tongue:

Nah but seriously, that's true.

You guys know you feared us and don't tell me this bull crap how you beat a Eagles fan, don't lie.... You avoided us you coward

Originally posted by Dolfan02

I think you're over-reacting. It would be wise to make a broader observation on the whole NFL rather than picking at one example.

I think it's pretty typical of fans jumping ship this time of yr. due to the belief that the season is over. I personally don't understand that sentiment, but then again, I'm not a fair weather fan. I'm the guy that yells at all the lemming followers of my team as they file out of the stadium half way through the 4th just to get an advantage getting out of the lot!

That rant said,, I think a lot of tickets become available for a game like this as the home team fans turn them into the box office for resale. That's how a lot of opposing fans pick them up in such large #'s. Some stadiums are easier or more attractive than others, and hey, honestly watching my team beat the finz while enjoying the south FLA weather can't be a better way to spend an extended weekend in Dec.

You guys played harder and better than I expected, all in all a good game, better luck to you in the future. Remeber this yr. has no more to do with next yr. than 1972 does! Get the hint??:cool:

Originally posted by Disgustipate

Stranger - Way to turn this into a dicussion about the Patriots, moron. How come you guys brag about such a huge fan base, yet you've got one of the smallest stadiums of any big market?

68000 seats in Gillette you fool. Why are you getting off topic and starting to lean toward smack?:goof:

We have a 74,000 seat stadium, we have 64,000 season ticket holders.

Of the 64,000 sth's, around 5,000 are owned by ticket brokers.

The rest are available to the public.

This game sold out on August the 2nd. The Patriots game (most desirable ticket of the year), sold out on August 12.

It is obvious that every goddamn tour company in philly bought them up the day that they became available on the 2nd of August.

Originally posted by phinfan34
The Jets fans are going to dominate our crowd in two weeks.

you got that right J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Disgustipate
There was alot of Philly fans there. But it wasnt overwhelming. There was literally a dozen buses outside of Pro Player from Philly fans, though. Got to hand it to them, they're dedicated. We dont have dedicated fans, and the average guy going to Pro Player doesnt know his *** from his elbow.

Stranger - Way to turn this into a dicussion about the Patriots, moron. How come you guys brag about such a huge fan base, yet you've got one of the smallest stadiums of any big market?

Actually, Gillette Stadium holds close to 70,000, if you had done some simple research you would have seen that that is rather consistent with many of the newer luxury stadiums being built over the past 3-5 years. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6649600

The bottom line is that New England sells out every game, and has been doing so consistently for the past ten years. There is a HUGE waiting list for season tickets, however, you guys, despite fielding a competitive team on paper year after year and playing in nice weather still can't pack you stadium for a MONDAY NIGHT game. Also out television ratings for Pats games in the Greater Boston area among the top three in the league. Who has the no passion fair-weather excuse making fans now MORON?

What happend is that Miami is on e of the top tourist destinations in the US especially during this time for snowbirds. Hell, these people were going to take a vacation anyways so they made sure it coincided with this date. Thanks Philly fans for coming out to Miami and spending money...thanks for helping pay for the new Marlins stadium!

Originally posted by dolfinfan305
What happend is that Miami is on e of the top tourist destinations in the US especially during this time for snowbirds. Hell, these people were going to take a vacation anyways so they made sure it coincided with this date. Thanks Philly fans for coming out to Miami and spending money...thanks for helping pay for the new Marlins stadium!

It was ashamed to cut your season short and your team missing out on that playoff revenue

Originally posted by wileydawg

It was ashamed to cut your season short and your team missing out on that playoff revenue

You crack me up wiley!!!

:lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom