What was with all the Philly fans? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What was with all the Philly fans?

Originally posted by phinfan34
How can 1/3 of the stadium be full of Philly fans when it isn't even their most important game, and it is basically our season, at home, on MNF? WTF?

The Eagles fans, who traveled from PA, I talked to at the game made their plans to attend the game in the summer or early fall.

Originally posted by Great_One

I went down to the game along with making out a vacation to Miami and I sat in section 125. I witnessed those fights and two things came to my mind. First, if there were an expected 25,000 Eagles fans coming to the game, where were the security guards and why couldn't they bring in more security guards/police than usual? The second thing is to those Eagle fans who went to the game. Why would you want to act stupid and create a disturbance in another team's stadium when you are the enemy? In our section alone, I had a great time with both Eagles and Dolphins fans Monday night. We had our fun and the same can be said for Dolphin fans throughout the game. I do believe all of these stories that happened during the game from everybody that was at the game. It amazes me as to why this stuff can happen, although it shouldn't surprise me at all. I'm all for having fun amongst ourselves as long as we don't bother anybody, but the fights, throwing beer bottles, etc. really disappoints me as an Eagle fan. I thought we could do better than that.

Heard it used to be like that @ Buffalo back then. Ralph Wilson cleaned it up. Hardly saw any fight in the Pats , Jets ,eagles game. I mean Cmon, thes the Jets? The highlight of the evening against the Jets was a female taking her top off. :D You could tell security was pissed that they had to have her put her shirt back on. It was freakin cold and... nevermind.

Originally posted by justafan

Heard it used to be like that @ Buffalo back then. Ralph Wilson cleaned it up. Hardly saw any fight in the Pats , Jets ,eagles game. I mean Cmon, thes the Jets? The highlight of the evening against the Jets was a female taking her top off. :D You could tell security was pissed that they had to have her put her shirt back on. It was freakin cold and... nevermind.
true...we were in section 123, I had a decent view:D

Originally posted by Disgustipate
There was alot of Philly fans there. But it wasnt overwhelming. There was literally a dozen buses outside of Pro Player from Philly fans, though. Got to hand it to them, they're dedicated. We dont have dedicated fans, and the average guy going to Pro Player doesnt know his *** from his elbow.

Stranger - Way to turn this into a dicussion about the Patriots, moron. How come you guys brag about such a huge fan base, yet you've got one of the smallest stadiums of any big market?

How do we have the smallest stadium genius?

2003 NFL stadium directory

NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE STADIUM DIRECTORY -- 2003
American Football Conference
Club Stadium Capacity Surface Opened
Baltimore Ravens M&T Bank Stadium 69,084 Momentum Turf 1997
Buffalo Bills Ralph Wilson Stadium 73,987 AstroTurf 1973
Cincinnati Bengals Paul Brown Stadium 65,393 Grass 2000
Cleveland Browns Cleveland Browns Stadium 73,300 Grass 1999
Denver Broncos Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium 76,125 Grass (PAT) 2001
Houston Texans Reliant Stadium 69,500 Grass 2002
Indianapolis Colts RCA Dome 56,127 AstroTurf 1983
Jacksonville Jaguars ALLTEL Stadium 73,000 Grass 1995
Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium 79,451 Grass 1972
Miami Dolphins Pro Player Stadium 75,192 Grass (PAT) 1987
New England Patriots Gillette Stadium 68,000 Grass 2002
New York Jets Giants Stadium 79,649 Grass 1976
Oakland Raiders Network Associates Coliseum 63,132 Grass 1966
Pittsburgh Steelers Heinz Field 64,450 Grass 2001
San Diego Chargers Qualcomm Stadium 70,000 Grass 1967
Tennessee Titans Coliseum 68,804 Grass 1999
National Football Conference
Arizona Cardinals Sun Devil Stadium 73,014 Grass 1958
Atlanta Falcons Georgia Dome 71,228 Artificial Turf 1992
Carolina Panthers Ericsson Stadium 73,250 Grass 1996
Chicago Bears New Soldier Field 61,500 Grass 2003
Dallas Cowboys Texas Stadium 65,639 Sportfield Turf 1971
Detroit Lions Ford Field 65,000 FieldTurf 2002
Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field 72,515 Grass 1957
Minnesota Vikings Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 64,121 AstroTurf 1982
New Orleans Saints Louisiana Superdome 68,390 AstroTurf 1975
New York Giants Giants Stadium 79,649 FieldTurf 1976
Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln Financial Field 68,532 Grass 2003
St. Louis Rams Edward Jones Dome 66,000 AstroTurf 1995
San Francisco 49ers 3Com Park 69,734 Grass 1958
Seattle Seahawks Seahawks Stadium 67,000 FieldTurf 2002
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium 65,657 Grass 1998
Washington Redskins FedEx Field 86,484 Grass 1997

We have a decent size stadium, just the sides aren't close enough to make a big effect on noise. We let the ****ty Marlins play there, which makes it a non-football field pretty much.

Yeah, they're so bad they won the World Series...

But that being said, a baseball only stadium for the Marlins would be good, as would having Pro Player (amazed that it still has the name) football-only.

My only request is no artificial turf, and no domes.

Alright, I live in Northern Virginia. I would like Miami to support the Dolphins, but if they dont, then okay. I don't really care. How can Pats/Eagles/Jets fans come in here and talk crap to us for it? Half of us on this board probably do not live in Florida, and even if we did, we have no control over what other "fans" do regarding attending games. So Philly has a strong fan base, good for them. And as for it being a nice night in Miami and some guys wondering where people might have went to instead of the game, well lets see. Clubs, beaches, parties, bars, movies, etc. You get the picture. As for these "dedicated" fans in New England, Green Bay, and other "dedicated" places, I only have one question for those guys. What else is there to do in GB and NE aside from plowing snow and football? No wonder the "dedicated" crowd shows up all the time.

Back
Top Bottom