What young quarterback has succeeded…. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What young quarterback has succeeded….

I believe 100% an elite QB would have this offense in the top half of the league, even with all its warts. That’s just how much impact QBs have.
Unquestionably. And I am so glad I skipped the regular season around here. It was huge favoritism to be a regression season but conventional wisdom didn't view it that way. I didn't want to deal with all the struggles to rationalize.

I would not have skipped the season here if we had an elite quarterback. Wow not woe. One area after another cleansed. The scoreboard reaches 30 no matter what it looked like early.

Now we're apparently going to invest several years into blaming the offensive line, or whatever is front and center next on the woe list.

Plus we can always blame the officials. That's never going away.

A bad O-line can make the whole offense suck, for example the 2021 Dolphins

It's always a combination of things but this offense was not build the right way.......the new HC needs to be an offensive mined coach but we also need the right assistants and the right players around the QB
Kellen Moore with Wade Phillips or Vic Defangio as DC/asst HC/mentor.

Last edited:
Totally fair to point out Tua’s defense but these things all work together. We had a ball control offense and an elite defense. We weren’t trying to throw for 350 yards. We were trying to get an early lead and protect it. The Chargers and Bengals didn’t play that style. They built around and tried to win via elite offense, not elite defense.
True, and IMO that's just one more reason why Flores needed to go! The League keeps changing the rules to favor the passing game because fans want to be entertained; they want to see a lot of points scored. So, in today's NFL you need an offense that can score a lot of points. Flores didn't want that. He (and Grier) built a slow-moving, short pass offense with a weak running game that struggled to move downfield and score points. The only time they scored a lot of points is when the defense helped them out by creating turnovers, giving the offense more possessions and shorter fields. If the defense was neutralized or just had a bad game, Miami's offense was unable to carry the team to a win. If that ball control offense was effective at all, Miami would not have lost 7 games in a row, and they would be in the playoffs!

That’s a valid point - I was not aware of that and certainly could have been a big impact then.

A MAJOR problem is using stats in football is the interconnectedness of stats. OL is bad. How much of it is talent? OL coach? OC? how much is a new QB vs vet? Time holding the ball? Quality of WRs? Separation? Run game? I'll stop here. Regardless anyone's position in this or other debates, we can throw stats around all day to prove a point - someone else will use other stats to refute.
Except for a few clueless about football, I doubt the debate is black and white - it's assigning percentages of blame.

A MAJOR problem is using stats in football is the interconnectedness of stats. OL is bad. How much of it is talent? OL coach? OC? how much is a new QB vs vet? Time holding the ball? Quality of WRs? Separation? Run game? I'll stop here. Regardless anyone's position in this or other debates, we can throw stats around all day to prove a point - someone else will use other stats to refute.
Except for a few clueless about football, I doubt the debate is black and white - it's assigning percentages of blame.
100%. If it was that easy anyone could be a GM, you’d just only sign the highest “rated” guys.

Eye test is what I will always trust above all, but of course I don’t expect anyone to rely on my eyes but me lol

Yah, you’re showing your absolute ignorance on evaluating line play. The same line was getting “individually beat” like a drum less when Fitz was in than when Tua was in. The same linemen on the Bucs we’re getting “individually beat” like a drum until Brady showed up then all of a sudden they are winning all their individual matchups. Funny how that works.

My entire post was about how QB play and line play are correlated, which you don’t seem to grasp.
Tampa Bay had the 7th best OL in 2019 and then they added Tristan Wirfs to it.

615mb9.jpg

I think it's pretty obvious that Tua, as it stands right now, is not a sure-fire franchise QB. But, he improved his QB rating from 87.1 to 90.1 from year 1 to year 2 despite regression on the offensive line. So, unless you can upgrade to an obvious franchise QB this season at the right price (Rogers, Wilson, Watson), it's actually a good situation for Miami to stick with Tua and see if he continues to progress. If he even takes the same small jump next year, to say 93.1 QB rating, that's a sign that maybe the's the guy long-term. If not, we have 2 first-round picks (and if Tua struggles our pick will likely be top 15) to make something happen in a year where Bryce Young and CJ Stroud are coming out.

When their offensive line has given up the most pressures in the NFL, and has a bottom 3 rushing offense?

Can anyone help me find one in NFL history?
I can help!

Tua Tagovioloa!! He's 15-8 as a starter with a crap line, terrible running backs, questionable receivers, awful play calls and designs, and a coach that hated him....all while being subjected to constant speculation about his team trading for his replacement.

Imagine what he will do when he has a serviceable line, decent RB, receivers that are actually playing, a real offensive coordinator, a coach that builds him up, and an organization that supports him.

Back
Top Bottom