What young quarterback has succeeded…. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What young quarterback has succeeded….

I was highlighting the part where it said PASS BLOCKING ranked 2nd among all offenses since you LITIREALLY replied with "THAT"S NOT PASS BLOCKING".

If I wanted to be dishonest I wouldn't have provided a link and copied and pasted the Bucs synopsis in my initial post. Dontcathink?
But for some reason you decided not to bold the part about it only applying to the interior. Hmmm lol

So why did you literally take half of a sentence out of context and add period to the end of it? Please explain that one? You literally edited the quote to make it say something it didn’t. You work for the media?

I know this is meant to defend Tua. I don't think it's his stats/wins that concern most...its the optics. He doesn't look/feel the part. He can't make key throws (I'm not talking about throwing the ball down the field either)

You don’t understand football at all if you think 3 great interior linemen make horrible tackle play a non factor.

I showed you their total grade from Football Outsiders. 22nd overall. You have another stat?
Your argument was that individual pass block win rates were artificially inflated with good quarterback play and used Jameis Winston as an example.

Do you even know what you're arguing about anymore?

Russell Wilson did come in as a rook and played pretty well behind a suspect line.
He did... Wilson also was 32nd in pass attempts that year while Seattle were 1st in rushing attempts and 5th in YPC.... Seattle won 11 games... Imagine the Fins record if they led the league in rushing attempts this season...?

Your argument was that individual pass block win rates were artificially inflated with good quarterback play and used Jameis Winston as an example.

Do you even know what you're arguing about anymore?
Ok so the interior was already good, so can’t say what effect Brady had on them. RT changed, so can’t say that.

How about LT? How did that go?

Ok so the interior was already good, so can’t say what effect Brady had on them. RT changed, so can’t say that.

How about LT? How did that go?
You tell me. Not doing your research for you. It's your point, not mine.

So why did you literally take half of a sentence out of context and add period to the end of it? Please explain that one? You literally edited the quote to make it say something it didn’t. You work for the media?
Again I was highlighting the part where it said the word PASS BLOCKING. Since you literally replied with "THAT"S NOT PASS BLOCKING". I don't know how else to explain it. My initial post has all the relevant information. If I cared to be dishonest I wouldn't have provided a link or copied and pasted the entire synopsis for you.

How about comparing both players first 17 games...
Yeah I knew that’s what someone’s gonna say. I can’t help it that Tua gets hurt all the time. In college and in pros. Mac Jones just played 17 games and didn’t get hurt And he played Behind the same O-line at Alabama and didn’t get injured. I was sitting on my couch watching the play Alabama ran Where Tua injured his hip. He shouldn’t of even been in the game. You can blame Saban For that. It was like 35-7 With like 2 min before the half. Tua Should’ve just thrown the ball away. Trying to make some miraculous play when you’re already winning by that much. Poor judgment.

Again I was highlighting the part where it said the word PASS BLOCKING. Since you literally replied with "THAT"S NOT PASS BLOCKING". I don't know how else to explain it. My initial post has all the relevant information. If I cared to be dishonest I wouldn't have provided a link or copied and pasted the entire synopsis for you.
You guys realize you're arguing with someone trying to tell you this OL wasnt bad right? Right?

He did... Wilson also was 32nd in pass attempts that year while Seattle were 1st in rushing attempts and 5th in YPC.... Seattle won 11 games... Imagine the Fins record if they led the league in rushing attempts this season...?
Ya, that is true....I am referring more to the constant pressure he faced.

Oof, this is an embarrassing take.

Either Dunning-Kruger is not allowing you to see it, or you're trolling. Which one is worse?
No I’m not trolling! And if you want to talk about dunning Kruger go to a psychology forum. I’m disgusted that Flores got fired. I think it was a big mistake. I think Chris Grier and Tua should’ve been gone before him. I think he’s a horrible GM and I think Tua is not that good. How many times have we seen horrible quarterbacks cost coaches their job? People think I’m looking to wreck threads and troll but I’m not. I’ve never seen finheaven So divided over one player. EVER!!! especially one that isn’t that good. Blows my mind.

Last edited:
Ya, that is true....I am referring more to the constant pressure he faced.
And I understand that... I mean QBs that get picked high wont ever end up in great overall circumstances, bad teams almost always get to pick first. Now thats not Wilson's case as he was picked much later in the process but the point remains.

Great QBs can deal with a bad OL, a bad receiving group, bad running game, you name it, in isolation. And maybe an elite QB can make some sort of edible chicken salad out of the chicken **** he gets provided this year as a Fin... Sure! But he's not winning a SB with it, I guarantee you that.

So whats the end game here? Keep drafting QBs until you fall on one that can overcome dead last everywhere else on the offense? Or maybe just try and help out the kids you draft even just a little bit?

Everyone wants to make it about Tua... I just want a top 5 offense for once and I know for sure 100% Im never fielding one with the players on this edition of the Fins... I mean I simply dont give a **** what Tua looks like driving a civic, Fins wont ever win the SB with a civic... I want to see him drive a legit car, then I'll know wtf I have to work with and if the driver actually is the problem.

I know this is meant to defend Tua. I don't think it's his stats/wins that concern most...its the optics. He doesn't look/feel the part. He can't make key throws (I'm not talking about throwing the ball down the field either)
This is the truth of the matter. The people that are down on Tua are mostly down on him because he doesn’t look/feel the part. There’s nothing in particular they can point to, which is why they say things like he’s unathletic (though he’s much more athletic than Brady or Brees ever were) or has a noodle arm (though he’s made numerous quality downfield passes of 50+ air yards).

Doesn’t mean they’re wrong to be down on him. But it’s more about feeling than fact. And at least in my opinion, that feeling is severely skewed by Tua playing behind an awful OL with no running game and with WRs that get zero separation other than Waddle.

I can help!

Tua Tagovioloa!! He's 15-8 as a starter with a crap line, terrible running backs, questionable receivers, awful play calls and designs, and a coach that hated him....all while being subjected to constant speculation about his team trading for his replacement.

Imagine what he will do when he has a serviceable line, decent RB, receivers that are actually playing, a real offensive coordinator, a coach that builds him up, and an organization that supports him.
I really hope at some point soon we can stop all the imagining.

Already said I couldn’t find it. I’m not teaching a seminar here, you are part of this discussion too. If you want to take part it’s no more my responsibility than yours to do research.

Want to make a bet on what the results will show? If I’m motivated enough I’ll find them.

Back
Top Bottom