What young quarterback has succeeded…. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What young quarterback has succeeded….

Again I was highlighting the part where it said the word PASS BLOCKING. Since you literally replied with "THAT"S NOT PASS BLOCKING". I don't know how else to explain it. My initial post has all the relevant information. If I cared to be dishonest I wouldn't have provided a link or copied and pasted the entire synopsis for you.
So you’re just not even going to try to explain why you doctored the last sentence eh? I wouldn’t blame you, there’s no explanation for that other than outright lies.

You guys realize you're arguing with someone trying to tell you this OL wasnt bad right? Right?
You Tua stans just outright lie about everything. Not only did I never say that, I explicitly stated that they were terrible several times. If you can’t argue without making up strawmen find a new hobby.

Already said I couldn’t find it. I’m not teaching a seminar here, you are part of this discussion too. If you want to take part it’s no more my responsibility than yours to do research.

Want to make a bet on what the results will show? If I’m motivated enough I’ll find them.
Like I said, you don't know what you're arguing anymore. I don't care whether the last remaining player of that line is good or bad or vice versa. The other 60% were enough to render your point incorrect.

Are you this argumentative in the rest of your life?

Like I said, you don't know what you're arguing anymore. I don't care whether the last remaining player of that line is good or bad or vice versa. The other 60% were enough to render your point incorrect.

Are you this argumentative in the rest of your life?
My argument has not changed. It’s that QB play will inflate individual linemen grades. You agree that is my argument right?

So if 60% of them were good before a new QB, obviously they wouldn’t be able to prove that one way or the other. You know what could? Linemen who didn’t grade well before the QB change. Which is where we are. Since you seem so confident, why don’t we make a little site donation bet?

Yah, but I’m a lawyer, what’s your excuse?

He is When their offensive line has given up the most pressures in the NFL, and has a bottom 3 rushing offense?

Can anyone help me find one in NFL history?
I went back and watched some games of Tua at Bama not highlights but games and he is the same player he was in college he needs loads of talent to succeed.

My argument has not changed. It’s that QB play will inflate individual linemen grades. You agree that is my argument right?

So if 60% of them were good before a new QB, obviously they wouldn’t be able to prove that one way or the other. You know what could? Linemen who didn’t grade well before the QB change. Which is where we are. Since you seem so confident, why don’t we make a little site donation bet?

Yah, but I’m a lawyer, what’s your excuse?
You said the line was bad, had bad pass blocking grades with Jameis, and then all rose because of Brady. If you're trying to find the 5th member of the offensive line to prove what little point you had left, I'm out.

Though I'm not a Tua fan, this post isn't meant to bash him. Yes, Tua had a winning record, at one point was leading the league in completion percentage and had some high QB ratings. However, I want to say that you can't look at these stats and make any well-informed determination about Tua because these stats mean nothing without understanding the circumstances surrounding them.

Yes, Tua appeared to be effective even though he had no protection, a weak running game, and his WRs couldn't get separation. On one hand, that's impressive. On the other hand, that high completion rate was comprised of mostly short to intermediate passes which have a higher probability of being completed than deep passes. To me, a 100% completion rate would mean nothing if all of those passes were thrown to a WR on the line of scrimmage... IMO those would be "empty" stats. But to be fair to Tua, his overall completion rate should be even higher because Miami's receivers were among the worst when it comes to dropped passes. And his high QB ratings are also artificially inflated by all of those shorter passes, but on the plus side it also means he didn't throw too many INTs. Lastly, Tua should not get too much credit for his winning record, as that's a team stat. Truth be told, Miami didn't start winning until their defense woke up and started playing better. The defense carried this team last year and they did it again this year. When their offense can start scoring more points and can win shoot-outs even if the defense has a bad game, then the QB will deserve more credit.

Even though I'm not a fan, I do think that Tua deserves the chance to show what he can do behind a competent o-line with a strong running game, and with some WRs who can get separation. I want to see a "real" passing offense that can make plays all over the field, and not just dink-and-dunk their way downfield. Having the ability to score quickly when necessary is a must IMO. I also want to see Tua do a lot better when plays break down and he has to roll out and throw on the run. It seems to me that he has a problem throwing downfield if he can't stop and set his feet. But, if Tua is a "system" QB whose main strength is the short pass and he'd rather not go deep, then I hope they replace him!

That's fair enough, I agree that until the line is fixed, and starting receivers actually play in the same game, we will not know what to expect from Tua.

I will say though, of all the times he has been given the chance, and has gone deep, he throws a pretty to very good deep ball. Though his deep ball is not perfect (receivers more then not do need to slow slightly), and he misses once in a while, his average is pretty high in delivering the ball deep where the receiver can make a play on it.

I think next year we will know for sure if he is good enough to succeed in the NFL...That includes going deep more.

You said the line was bad, had bad pass blocking grades with Jameis, and then all rose because of Brady. If you're trying to find the 5th member of the offensive line to prove what little point you had left, I'm out.
I already acknowledged I had the wrong years stats when I said that they were bottom 5. They were still bottom 10 in 2019 per the only stat that has been offered by anyone (which was by me of course).

What the hell do you even think you are arguing? Linemen who played well before a QB change still playing well after the change proves better QB play doesn’t inflate individual linemen grade? Lol that really what you’re saying?

You’re afraid to bet, is it because you don’t have the money? I apologize if so. Is it because you don’t support the site? Or are you scared that you’re wrong?

100%. If it was that easy anyone could be a GM, you’d just only sign the highest “rated” guys.

Eye test is what I will always trust above all, but of course I don’t expect anyone to rely on my eyes but me lol

Don't disagree, but 'eye test' is difficult. Too many variables. It can't see the future (e.g., Gesicki) or account for regression (e.g. Kindley).
But, you're right. A (singular) stat proves nothing

Don't disagree, but 'eye test' is difficult. Too many variables. It can't see the future (e.g., Gesicki) or account for regression (e.g. Kindley).
But, you're right. A (singular) stat proves nothing
Yah, it’s never perfect. Personally I predicted Gesickis progression, but I also thought Kindley would have a similar progression. Still not convinced he won’t though, but it’s looking less likely.

I believe a good QB can make a line look better. Rodgers definitely hasn't always had a great line. Good QB's can read the defense, see what's coming and change blocking schemes, audible to different plays, etc... That comes with time and experience. How do you think Brady always had great lines with bums off the street some years? Now I will say that the line looked better with Tua than Brissett. Maybe someone can check those stats.
Yah how the heck did Brady EVER prosper under that HICK what’s his name

Dante Scarnecchia

Thankfully Dante stayed a year or two too long

Last edited:
I went back and watched some games of Tua at Bama not highlights but games and he is the same player he was in college he needs loads of talent to succeed.
Clearly he doesn’t. He has succeeded with special teamers at receiver like Mack Hollins, Jakeem Grants, and Isiah Fords of the world. And a terrible oline and rushing offenses? Lol like why do y’all be lying?

When their offensive line has given up the most pressures in the NFL, and has a bottom 3 rushing offense?

Can anyone help me find one in NFL history?
Is this going to go on for Tua’s entire dolphins career ? At this point we know for better or for worse what he is. He can definitely have more success if and when those line and coaching issues are fixed but who couldn’t ? There remains a ceiling issue with him regardless of what’s put around him

Is this going to go on for Tua’s entire dolphins career ? At this point we know for better or for worse what he is. He can definitely have more success if and when those line and coaching issues are fixed but who couldn’t ? There remains a ceiling issue with him regardless of what’s put around him
The obsession with what his “ceiling” is hilarious. That isn’t going to determine whether you win a Super Bowl or not. We had Marino, who quite possibly had the highest peak at the position ever. Zero Super Bowls. Can Tua be a top half of league starter and can you win with him? I think so. Why? Already seen it.

The dolphins ability to properly build a team is going to help determine what the “ceiling” of Tua is in Miami. We scapegoated Tannehill for many years, and what happened when he got around some competence with the Titans? Exactly.

The Dolphins drafted Tua 5th overall. Either support it, or cry about it.

Back
Top Bottom