What young quarterback has succeeded…. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What young quarterback has succeeded….

???

It literally says.

" The guard and center positions for the Bucs combined for an 80.4 pass-blocking grade this season, ranking second among all offenses around the league. Dating back to 2015".
Today I learned offensive lines don’t have tackles. Thanks!

I think it's pretty obvious that Tua, as it stands right now, is not a sure-fire franchise QB. But, he improved his QB rating from 87.1 to 90.1 from year 1 to year 2 despite regression on the offensive line. So, unless you can upgrade to an obvious franchise QB this season at the right price (Rogers, Wilson, Watson), it's actually a good situation for Miami to stick with Tua and see if he continues to progress. If he even takes the same small jump next year, to say 93.1 QB rating, that's a sign that maybe the's the guy long-term. If not, we have 2 first-round picks (and if Tua struggles our pick will likely be top 15) to make something happen in a year where Bryce Young and CJ Stroud are coming out.

Lol, Bryce Young will be a bust

Today I learned offensive lines don’t have tackles. Thanks!
Dude, you said they were bottom 5 in 2018. Then in 2019... the season you were actually talking about with Jameis... 60% of their line was top 2 in the NFL in pass blocking. Did they have the worst tackles in the history of the NFL to be considered a bad line?

Take the L and move on.

Dude, you said they were bottom 5 in 2018. Then in 2019... the season you were actually talking about with Jameis... 60% of their line was top 2 in the NFL in pass blocking. Did they have the worst tackles in the history of the NFL to be considered a bad line?

Take the L and move on.
Yah, they did. I specifically mentioned in my post that Donovan Smith (guess what position he played) didn’t look like an nfl caliber linemen.

Football Outsiders had their pas blocking ranked 22. You have a stat to disprove that or are you just being specious?

It's an OFFENSIVE LINE ranking. Do you think every offensive line in the top 10 has A+ players at all 5 positions? Clearly, the whole is stronger than its weakest parts.
Dude seriously go read your source again lol. That was a total ranking, run blocking included. The only pass blocking grade provided was for the interior. Football Outsiders had them ranked 22 as a whole. Do you have a stat showing otherwise or no?

Yah, they did. I specifically mentioned in my post that Donovan Smith (guess what position he played) didn’t look like an nfl caliber linemen.

Football Outsiders had their pas blocking ranked 22. You have a stat to disprove that or are you just being specious?
Let me recap for you since you're all over the place here.

It is stated that our bad line is based on individual metric in pass block win rate.
You state that a good QB makes those numbers look better than they are.
You state that their pass block win rate was bad with Jameis and rose way up with Brady...

Here's literal proof that 60% of their line were TOP 2 in the NFL in pass block win rate... with Jameis Winston.

So, here we are. Their pass blocking win rate for their guards and centers were really good with or without Brady so your whole "it's the QB" argument falls flat. Idgaf about their tackles because they replaced a bad one with a really good one which is literally COMPLETELY irrelevant to your whole argument in the first place.

Got it?

???

It literally says.

" The guard and center positions for the Bucs combined for an 80.4 pass-blocking grade this season, ranking second among all offenses around the league. Dating back to 2015".
Wow you are straight up dishonest. You unbolded the relevant part at the start. Then you took a part of one sentence and changed it to make it seem like that interior pass grade was the best since 2015 even though the actual sentence was about Marpets individual grade. You did that intentionally and should be ashamed.

Let me recap for you since you're all over the place here.

It is stated that our bad line is based on individual metric in pass block win rate.
You state that a good QB makes those numbers look better than they are.
You state that their pass block win rate was bad with Jameis and rose way up with Brady...

Here's literal proof that 60% of their line were TOP 2 in the NFL in pass block win rate... with Jameis Winston.

So, here we are. Their pass blocking win rate for their guards and centers were really good with or without Brady so your whole "it's the QB" argument falls flat. Idgaf about their tackles because they replaced a bad one with a really good one which is literally COMPLETELY irrelevant to your whole argument in the first place.

Got it?
You don’t understand football at all if you think 3 great interior linemen make horrible tackle play a non factor.

I showed you their total grade from Football Outsiders. 22nd overall. You have another stat?

But so if the interior was already good, we can’t look at that. RT changed so we can’t look at that. Let’s look at LT. How did that compare?

Last edited:
On the flip side how many HOF/future HOF QB's started off a hell of a lot worse than Tua on bad teams and went lights out after having a better team around them? Steve Young, Brett Farve, Drew Brees, Troy Aikman to name a few.

Russell Wilson did come in as a rook and played pretty well behind a suspect line.

I can help!

Tua Tagovioloa!! He's 15-8 as a starter with a crap line, terrible running backs, questionable receivers, awful play calls and designs, and a coach that hated him....all while being subjected to constant speculation about his team trading for his replacement.

Imagine what he will do when he has a serviceable line, decent RB, receivers that are actually playing, a real offensive coordinator, a coach that builds him up, and an organization that supports him.
Ding ding ding

Wow you are straight up dishonest. You unbolded the relevant part at the start. Then you took a part of one sentence and changed it to make it seem like that interior pass grade was the best since 2015 even though the actual sentence was about Marpets individual grade. You did that intentionally and should be ashamed.
I was highlighting the part where it said PASS BLOCKING ranked 2nd among all offenses since you LITIREALLY replied with "THAT"S NOT PASS BLOCKING".

If I wanted to be dishonest I wouldn't have provided a link and copied and pasted the Bucs synopsis in my initial post. Dontcathink?

Back
Top Bottom