What’s Ryan Tannehill’s Future With The Miami Dolphins? Here’s What He’s Been Told | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What’s Ryan Tannehill’s Future With The Miami Dolphins? Here’s What He’s Been Told

I don't know man. You got 2 outlets wide open for a first down or field goal try. A deep shot with a less than 100% arm on 3rd isn't ideal and ultimately sacrificing the points.
Right on the money!
Even if they didn't get the first down, we have a shot at a FG there.

Well I going to go with maybe Gase had visions of what happened late in the Bengals game as well. I understand your point though, when we punted it was almost guaranteed we were done, heck when we got the ball so backed up that was my feelings.

It’s some things that happened earlier that bothered me, we had chances to get more points on the board.
I think that's the problem, Gase has too many visions, he's worried about a safety too. I just can't see him having that many thoughts with a 40 second play clock. There's a 3rd and 12 pass to end zone video in this thread. A similar play could have been attempted, if it gets picked so be it. Honestly I would have been more worried about a mishap with punting out of end zone than any of his other visions. Gase just lacks situational football awareness a lot.

Last edited:
Like I always say: I don't like stats because they do not tell you the whole truth. Forgotten among those stats are: a big time floater and about 3 or 4 passes which were dropped by Colts defenders.
Yes, his performance was average.

And Andrew Luck had a 109 rating therefore he was the worse of the two QBs yet the entire football watching world who saw the game (Dolphins fans, Colts fans and neutral observers) agree that Luck was the far better QB.

:bobdole:
"RT played well"
"but, but, I didn't like that pass..."
"and he almost made that mistake..."
"...someone else did better..."
typical.

im not complaining about the actual throw. he damn near got it there. its the decision. youre always talking about the presnap coverage read dictating where the ball goes. why are we throwing that route vs that coverage from just outside fg range. gotta get points. yeah, people would have bitched about a checkdown including myself until i saw the tape. sometimes you gotta dump it off and in this case drake was gonna yac for a 1st down imo. worst case we have a fg attempt and not a punt. got to keep in mind this is a 7th year qb. poor decision.

Sometimes you have to look somewhere else besides where you are throwing the ball so other defenders can't jump in and make the play. Stared down the WR the entire play vs. zone coverage.

I don’t think the down should have anything to do with it if the play is there

And it is.

This is very telling. This is exactly why so many have an issue with Tannehill, it seems you share his thinking.
"The down doesn't matter." The guy has zero situational awareness. the field position, clock and down always matter. Fringe FG range 3rd and long would be the time to take the check down. Instead he would take the check down on 2nd and short and not attack.
If you think the game is in a vacuum, and you just want the QB to execute "the asked based on ore snap leverage" than Tannehill is your guy.
I guess the tape would show that, and he executed the pre snap read regardless of the situation. But, knowing the situation would lead to a different outcome there. This is what Tannehill does time and time again and the tape guys defend bc of the "progression or read dictated by the defense"/ Well the game isn't played on tape where the outcome is settled and they just need to do what the "the ask" is.

It is paramount the situation be taken in to account, I don't know how anyone can claim the down doesn't matter. That is the type of mindset that gets you 7 years of average QB play with zero situational awareness that leads to losing seasons. So long as he executes the ask after reviewing the tape. Hue Jackson would be proud of that analysis (check out the viral video of him saying he needs to see the film in response to every question played against Mcvay breaking down a play immediately after a game he called and watched without needing the tape)

Last edited:

Unless this franchise decides on a identity to build a foundation on, we are stuck.

Just too much support in Davie, in my opinion, to change course after 2018.

Moving forward, concentrate on the oline and DLINE. And develop the young talent currently in the building. Why? Because they will eventually last longer
If a 117 rating and 8.2 YPA is average, I'll take it. I think in this game he did all that was asked but with only 25 throws(around 50 total plays), it wasn't much

Marcus Mariota just went 22-23 with 3 TDs and his team got trounced. Your numbers are deceiving.

That dumb contract they gave him makes it almost guarantee that he'll be back next year.

This is very telling. This is exactly why so many have an issue with Tannehill, it seems you share his thinking.
"The down doesn't matter." The guy has zero situational awareness. the field position, clock and down always matter. Fringe FG range 3rd and long would be the time to take the check down. Instead he would take the check down on 2nd and short and not attack.
If you think the game is in a vacuum, and you just want the QB to execute "the asked based on ore snap leverage" than Tannehill is your guy.
I guess the tape would show that, and he executed the pre snap read regardless of the situation. But, knowing the situation would lead to a different outcome there. This is what Tannehill does time and time again and the tape guys defend bc of the "progression or read dictated by the defense"/ Well the game isn't played on tape where the outcome is settled and they just need to do what the "the ask" is.

It is paramount the situation be taken in to account, I don't know how anyone can claim the down doesn't matter. That is the type of mindset that gets you 7 years of average QB play with zero situational awareness that leads to losing seasons. So long as he executes the ask after reviewing the tape. Hue Jackson would be proud of that analysis (check out the viral video of him saying he needs to see the film in response to every question played against Mcvay breaking down a play immediately after a game he called and watched without needing the tape)

Wtf are you talking about? It’s a primary progression within the play call if you don’t want him to throw it don’t call it.

That's how you rate QBs or players in general. By watching them. As the great Belichek said: stats are for loser.
So with your expert eyes that can refute and render all stats useless, all you came up with was a floated pass and a near interception?

Wtf are you talking about? It’s a primary progression within the play call if you don’t want him to throw it don’t call it.

Yep the QB is a robot, don't take the down and distance in to account. That worked out well. Its a big problem and not just on this play. As someone pointed out it dates back to college. Not taking the green grass for a first down. he just doesn't get it unfortunately. It can't be coached at this point. It sucks bc he has the tools and is a smart guy. Just not a good situational player.

Back
Top Bottom