What’s Ryan Tannehill’s Future With The Miami Dolphins? Here’s What He’s Been Told | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What’s Ryan Tannehill’s Future With The Miami Dolphins? Here’s What He’s Been Told

Slimms right here, I don’t think it’s a smart decision on 3rd down. 1st or 2nd it’s a good one.

It’s a funny comment Slimm makes because Gase did exactly that on the last 2 drives. Countered what the defense dictated but was villainized. It’s a little different when the game is on the line under 5 minutes but it’s a comment that people need to be aware of and not think that’s just call four verticals will work everytime

I don’t think the down should have anything to do with it if the play is there

And it is.

You can shove that comment up yours. :bobdole:

Even if the Dolphins do not sell one single ticket they still would make money. The NFL is a shared revenue set up.

While the NFL does share revenue, it is for things like TV deals, ads and merchandise. They have nothing to do with the money maker and that is butts in seats.

I will say though it would be hard to know since no numbers need to be reported. Who knows.

Slimms right here, I don’t think it’s a smart decision on 3rd down. 1st or 2nd it’s a good one.

It’s a funny comment Slimm makes because Gase did exactly that on the last 2 drives. Countered what the defense dictated but was villainized. It’s a little different when the game is on the line under 5 minutes but it’s a comment that people need to be aware of and not think that’s just call four verticals will work everytime

No, Adam Gase dictated Adam Gase with the game on the line. He didn't make a decision based on the defense. He made a decision based on stats and a Peyton Manning fumble. He didn't give himself or his quarterback a chance to win. He only gave them a chance not to lose.

I don't know man. You got 2 outlets wide open for a first down or field goal try. A deep shot with a less than 100% arm on 3rd isn't ideal and ultimately sacrificing the points.

So now you are asking a qb to skip his mindset here and a primary. You realize that right?

Stills route has pre snap leverage on that safety.

Armando’s latest on the 3rd and 10

So the odds were obviously against the Dolphins on that play. Gase knew it. Tannehill knew.

The coach called it according to the odds.

And the quarterback, also knowing the odds, never considered going another direction.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/s...ticle222348870.html?__twitter_impression=true
Such a defeatist strategy. Either way you are conceding the game, why not try and beat the odds? Prime example of why we need to move on.

No, Adam Gase dictated Adam Gase with the game on the line. He didn't make a decision based on the defense. He made a decision based on stats and a Peyton Manning fumble. He didn't give himself or his quarterback a chance to win. He only gave them a chance not to lose.

Didn't say it was the right call in that situation, I am saying in general people don't understand 3rd and 10+ isn't when you force a play. I said in that post its not the right play in that situation. On that drive it was idiotic not to let Tannehill try to win it.

It doesn’t make sense to me though, an in route isn’t going to make the corner squat in the NFL. Getting that corner to squat with a sticks or curl will open up stills vs the safety and the backside post open as well

yeah man poor play design. simple 2 read smash concept there and you let stills beat the safety to the corner of the endzone. if the corner drops, your curl is wide open for a 1st down.

So now you are asking a qb to skip his mindset here and a primary. You realize that right?

Stills route has pre snap leverage on that safety.

Yeah I know that but I also know that the corner isn't squatting or coming up right away. Would skip and hit Gesicki to get to field goal position on 3rd. If its end of game and we are down by 3+ I would take it on 3rd down but not on 3rd down this early.

Yeah I know that but I also know that the corner isn't squatting or coming up right away. Would skip and hit Gesicki to get to field goal position on 3rd. If its end of game and we are down by 3+ I would take it on 3rd down but not on 3rd down this early.

Oh come on horry. I want 6 not 3 and it’s there for the taking

Such a defeatist strategy. Either way you are conceding the game, why not try and beat the odds? Prime example of why we need to move on.

Well I going to go with maybe Gase had visions of what happened late in the Bengals game as well. I understand your point though, when we punted it was almost guaranteed we were done, heck when we got the ball so backed up that was my feelings.

It’s some things that happened earlier that bothered me, we had chances to get more points on the board.

Oh come on horry. I want 6 not 3 and it’s there for the taking

I think if Tannehills arm is 100% I wouldn’t say it’s a terrible decision - I just think against Luck and the Colts I’m taking as many points I can get when my arm isn’t 100 and I’m throwing to Stills who isn’t known to high point or adjust that well.

I think my stance is if you have Hopkins, Julio, Antonio, Davante, or any of that level receiver I’m throwing it on 3rd to that spot. If you don’t I’m taking the check down at that part on 3rd and 10. Especially with Sanders being on fire

Well I going to go with maybe Gase had visions of what happened late in the Bengals game as well. I understand your point though, when we punted it was almost guaranteed we were done, heck when we got the ball so backed up that was my feelings.

It’s some things that happened earlier that bothered me, we had chances to get more points on the board.

We had chances to prevent more too

I think if Tannehills arm is 100% I wouldn’t say it’s a terrible decision - I just think against Luck and the Colts I’m taking as many points I can get when my arm isn’t 100 and I’m throwing to Stills who isn’t known to high point or adjust that well.

I think my stance is if you have Hopkins, Julio, Antonio, Davante, or any of that level receiver I’m throwing it on 3rd to that spot. If you don’t I’m taking the check down at that part on 3rd and 10. Especially with Sanders being on fire

Ok well I’m not conceding anything unless the coverage or protection says I have to

The only way RT is gone next year is if we take that big hit financially.

I'd prefer both he and Gase be gone.

Back
Top Bottom