What's The Plan If Miami Goes Quarterback In The First? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's The Plan If Miami Goes Quarterback In The First?

The only thing that matters is the opinion of Chris Grier. And IF he decides to get Murray, I certainly hope he protects him properly with a solid OL. .

Nah man. That's an Omar Kelly narrative "You have to LOVE the player."

What Chris Grier thinks is completely irrelevant. And so is "loving" the player.

The only thing that matters is whether Murray or any QB in this draft is objectively elite, and whether we need a QB. The answer yes to both. We need an elite QB, and there are some elite QBs in this draft, and that's all that matters. those are facts and facts rule.

If Chris Grier starts opinionating and nitpicking, he will end the night solo. And if he starts loving, he will end up heartbroken. And this is not about that. It is simply about getting one of the elite QBs so that the team can compete.

Why not take Murray? If he’s good, then great. If not we’ll be picking in the top 5 next year. Take another qb.

I have doubts Miami will draft a R1 QB in '20 after taking a R1 QB in '19, even if he stinks the place up. We've seen some pretty bad QBs over the years and they consistently get more than one year

We're better off drafting a defensive lineman or trading back.

If I'm GM, I'm not trading/giving up too much to move up. And I'm in love with the kid.

If he doesn't fall to us or juuuust in reach, I'd look to trade back.

If he falls within reach, I'm on the phone.

If he falls to 13, it's a no-brainer.

Worst case scenario, is that he does fall to 13 and we pass. That would sour this new beginning for me.

Really only NYG (Haskins) and JAX (Probably Murray) ahead of us who will be targeting QB's. If we take one in 2019, my bet is it would be Drew Lock at 13.

I'd rather wait a year for QB.

If I'm GM, I'm not trading/giving up too much to move up. And I'm in love with the kid.

If he doesn't fall to us or juuuust in reach, I'd look to trade back.

If he falls within reach, I'm on the phone.

If he falls to 13, it's a no-brainer.

Worst case scenario, is that he does fall to 13 and we pass. That would sour this new beginning for me.

Why? If they don't like him I'd rather them be decisive about it than take him because he's there.

Why? If they don't like him I'd rather them be decisive about it than take him because he's there.

Hey, man, good on you if you feel that way.

My feeling is that passing on a special player at a position we've been desperate for, a position missing on our roster, the most important position in the game, is ludicrous and I'm not talking about the rapper.

My feeling is that passing on a special player at a position we've been desperate for, a position missing on our roster, the most important position in the game, is ludicrous and I'm not talking about the rapper.
Nobody passes on a "special" player.

The issue is not everyone sees him as that.

I agree. The rub in that is "a special player" in who's opinion? Grier? Flores? You? Me? If Miami passes on Murray or anyone else, it may be because the FO doesn't see him as a "special player" in spite of fan's opinions.

Most important position on the field and one we've ignored forever. If Grier thinks he's the guy then draft him at 13 and then next year if we can get Tua we draft him too. We can no longer ignore the QB position.

I agree. The rub in that is "a special player" in who's opinion? Grier? Flores? You? Me? If Miami passes on Murray or anyone else, it may be because the FO doesn't see him as a "special player" in spite of fan's opinions.

On data! It's a data collection business, the scouting. There is no opinion.

Does he have elite production? YES, he does.
Does he have elite pocket game? YES, he does.
Does he have elite arm? YES, he does.
Does he have an elite quick gun? YES< he does.

Anything else elite? The speed, he has elite speed.

Is he elite? YES, on data he is elite. That's all that matters in scouting. Then you get him to Flores, and Flores does with him what he wants. Flores will decide between a bunch of elite players you got him, based on data, which one has the competitiveness, the accuracy, the playmaking, etc to start for him. Flores can opine. Grier should not opine.

That's very, very true.

As for the not passing on a special player, I don't think I can agree with you there.

A GM might pass on a special offensive player if he

Can't agree with you their. A GM may pass on a special offensive player if he needs defense. He'll go after the special defensive player.

I'm saying that would be a mistake if Murray is there.

On the other thing- very, very true.

Edit: double post mistake.

On data! It's a data collection business, the scouting. There is no opinion.

Does he have elite production? YES, he does.
Does he have elite pocket game? YES, he does.
Does he have elite arm? YES, he does.
Does he have an elite quick gun? YES< he does.

Anything else elite? The speed, he has elite speed.

Is he elite? YES, on data he is elite. That's all that matters in scouting. Then you get him to Flores, and Flores does with him what he wants. Flores will decide between a bunch of elite players you got him, based on data, which one has the competitiveness, the accuracy, the playmaking, etc to start for him. Flores can opine. Grier should not opine.

We disagree. The draft history shows different teams value (data collection) differently. Thus, opinions of all potential R1 QBs this year generate debate. It's a business run by humans. You know, like Bortles was a high R1 QB. Someone's (more than one) data collection didn't work too well. Data collection on Brady didn't work too well.

If it was all data driven and the analysis came up the same regardless of evaluators, drafting would be quite easy and very accurate. It isn't. Grier/Flores will look at data collection and make a JUDGEMENT just as 31 other teams do.

Nah man. That's an Omar Kelly narrative "You have to LOVE the player."

What Chris Grier thinks is completely irrelevant. And so is "loving" the player.

The only thing that matters is whether Murray or any QB in this draft is objectively elite, and whether we need a QB. The answer yes to both. We need an elite QB, and there are some elite QBs in this draft, and that's all that matters. those are facts and facts rule.

If Chris Grier starts opinionating and nitpicking, he will end the night solo. And if he starts loving, he will end up heartbroken. And this is not about that. It is simply about getting one of the elite QBs so that the team can compete.

Stop. Your opinions aren't fact.

Back
Top Bottom