What's Up With Minkah? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Up With Minkah?

2019 Minkah will Have:

• Sophomore Slump

• All Pro year

• Injuries limits his play

• Just a guy

Results are only viewable after voting.
We have an offensive line that may make every pass play look like a designed screen pass; Edge rushers that have a total of single digit sacks in the NFL; The Websters dictionary of a journeyman QB vs a guy trying to not be labeled a bust after one year for our QB competition, no proven seam threat at TE for the 25th straight year and a general lack of depth. No, Im not overly concerned about a guy that looked pretty darn impressive his rookie year in multiple roles in a new scheme that values versatility and changing match ups weekly.

I like Minkah and think he’s gonna be a good player but it’s so freaking dolphins to draft him over Derwin James. Couldn’t draft James cause we had 2 safeties already so we went with the hybrid DB. Dolphins never thinking about the future or drafting best player available. Also it’s kinda funny that James looks like the more versatile defender at this point in their very short careers.

Minkah's mommy being unhappy is hilarious. We really need a replacement for Miko.

JAG and credit/status have nothing to do with one another.

Whether Minkah ever gets any credit at all, I believe he will be much closer to an All Pro than a JAG.

The last thing that would ever come to my mind watching Minkah's game is JAG.

You’re right. I guess I’m just pissed that we passed on Derwin James. I also think it’s a waste of a high pick to take a guy at 11 if you’re going to play him in the slot.

Bad missed tackle on the long Td run..he got himself into great position for a TFL, and failed at his technique to wrap and roll.

Minkah is being challenged to do some things he might not be comfortable with. I'm ok with that. Iron shapes iron.

I can relate to the desire to see Fitz installed at FS for the next decade. However, I think we'll see him used differently week to week to try to neutralize offenses' specific strengths. May mean that he does not get the accolades he would for being dominant in one role, but could make our D better for it.

We have an offensive line that may make every pass play look like a designed screen pass; Edge rushers that have a total of single digit sacks in the NFL; The Websters dictionary of a journeyman QB vs a guy trying to not be labeled a bust after one year for our QB competition, no proven seam threat at TE for the 25th straight year and a general lack of depth. No, Im not overly concerned about a guy that looked pretty darn impressive his rookie year in multiple roles in a new scheme that values versatility and changing match ups weekly.

Too true. Does it really matter where Minkah lines up if the QB has 10 seconds to throw on every down? Compared to all the other worries this team has, Minkah isn’t even a blip on the radar screen.

With Reshad Jones out it doesnt hurt for Minkah to learn the SS position just in case he's needed there in real games.

From what I can gather, specific positions wont matter all that much on this defense, at least to some extent. Meaning responsibilities arent position specific, in other words you can call the same play from a variety of formations.

With that in mind, it only makes sense that Minkah lines up inside and close to the LOS on the majority of his snaps, as this is most probably where the team has the most flexibility in exploiting his strenghts as a player and as a major piece on this defense.

For what its worth, I might be way off here, Im just trying to piece together what Im reading from @TedSlimmJr and @j-off-her-doll (who seem to know alot about what Minkah is good/not so good at) and @ckparrothead(who if Im not mistaken, was the one who called the Fins defense "modular").

Last edited:
How many plays on the ball from deep middle/single high you think Bobby McCain’s gonna make this year?

And how many times you think he’s gonna fail to maintain deep as the deepest depth from that same ask?

Another square peg round hole

Back
Top Bottom