Whats your rebuild blueprint for the Fins? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats your rebuild blueprint for the Fins?

Well yeah, nothing is a sure thing, its the draft. My point is if you are in position to draft someone who you think is a franchise QB, and you defer on it, theres no guarantee you are in that spot again next year. I know Lawrence is the one everyone seems to want but we don't know we'd get a shot at him.

I'll go with you on that, but it just seems like a lot of teams fall in love with a player and then lose perspective... Like Houston and Tunsil.

Interesting strategy... Might I posit that you are overreacting a bit.

They could all leave tomorrow I wouldn’t give a damn.

Reshad can still play in tbe league but he’s on borrowed time. Drakes lost the starting gig to a second year 4th rounder and won’t get paid here and frankly needs to get out if he’s to get paid. Grants maybe after Drake the most overrated dolphin in tbe building . Rowe is a one and done if he makes it the entire year. Mccain stinks no matter where you put him. Fitz is a waste of time. Davenport won’t be here or in the league in a year most likely. Kilgore is a jag propped up because the line he plays on is horrific lol and he’s 30 plus and likely gonna finish 2019 on ir.

Good bye. Have a nice life

Hmm... sounds like some of these might make good team depth. Real teams have that.

Draft Tua and spend top dollar and high draft picks on a line around him. If Preston pans out and Parker gets it together, and Gesicki ends up being pretty good, the offense wouldn't be too far away with a good line. Then I'd focus on the defense such as pass rush, #2 CB spot, and getting a safety.

Hire the best coach
Hire the best GM
Outside of this years draft picks and last years holdovers find 4 free agents that will be bonafide starters
Next year all in on the oline and QB
The following year its all defense
Year 4 its about filling in the remaining gaps on the roster

As long as Bill Belichick is in our division your going to have to load up a team of highly talent young players to eventually pry the division out of his grasp and force him into looking at retiring. You see how every year talented players come knocking at his door, even with Tom Brady retiring some time soon it doesn't mean Belichick will be. He has gained so much knowledge over the years in coaching and in personal that your going to have out talent him to beat him and not by a little by a lot.

Need a core of 8-12 players 1st and 2nd rounders over 2 year period plus what you can get 3rd round on to make a push at him. He's no push over he's dominated this division for a decade and will for another unless we come at him as hard as we can.

Right now this team needs as many 1st and 2nd as it can get it's hands on and needs Grier and Allen to make them count.

The easy part of this rebuild was tearing apart the team that was somewhat void of talent in the 1st place. Harder part is building a winner in the next 2 to 3 years.

Take the QB Tua you give up more than likely 3 1st and possible a 2nd in 2020, 2021, 2022 - Sell him and were do you find our QB it's a gamble but one Miami has to take.

Buying a FA here and there is OK, building a team from one is not, save your money for your players even if you have to give it to them early, better bargain than FA.

CB should be one of the top players then off to the offensive line, but every draft is different have to see who available when were selecting.

I think the thing that surprises me most about the debate is the vehemence... almost hostility of the Tua guys.
Their assertions of their points of view are angry... and just so convinced that they are right...

I think the thing that surprises me most about the debate is the vehemence... almost hostility of the Tua guys.
Their assertions of their points of view are angry... and just so convinced that they are right...
I’m a Tua guy. I had no idea I was angry. Thanks for the insight.

I’ll offer a different strategy:

2020:
1-tua
1-edge
2-CB
2-wr
3-lb
3-S
Rest on best available OL, RB, role player

Sign 2 above average OL
Sign best edge option out there

2021:
1-Lawrence
1-likely traded to get Lawrence
2-S
2-CB
3-WR
Rest on OL and defensive role players

I say get the OL taken care of first so they play together and gel the first year in preparation for 2021. Tea sits while Rosen plays.

Take both QBs since I don’t care which one is the franchise guy and double your odds of hitting on the most valuable position in all of sports. Let them battle it out in 2021 and start the best. The other becomes the backup for a tear or two and then you flip him for future picks like the pats do with every backup qb they draft.

The bottom line is no matter what, in the next 2 years they must come away with the guy. Money wise, there is plenty to add some serious talent across the board and picks wise there is plenty to draft those signings’ future replacements.

After having some coffee and thinking about this, I believe I'll let some time pass before worrying about it.

It's all about talent and we have not come close to having enough of it in decades.

You can't make chicken salad....

Back
Top Bottom