When Dolphins knew they had something special with Waddle and why a Miami coach laughs now | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Dolphins knew they had something special with Waddle and why a Miami coach laughs now

The people always focusing on “cost” never cease to amuse. Not only that, these people can never seem add, subtract or account very well. I hope their spouse balances their checkbook.

Several of these goofballs forget that MIA traded down from 3 specifically to get Waddle at 6. Thus the 1st they traded to get back up from 12 to 6 wasn’t a true cost. And they still ended up with extra assets after both trades.

But yet here they are whining about ”cost”.

Lastly, MIA could have had ANY of the receivers at 3 w/o having to move around at all. Should they have just selected Waddle (or Pitts or Smith or Chase) there and not landed the extra assets?

I’m sure these math deficient fans wouldn’t be whining about that either, right? SMH.

Damn shame Parker can't stay on the field but at least we got Waddle and maybe he can lead by example.

Waddle: 77 catches, 759 yards, 4 TDs, 1 rushing TD
Smith: 48 catches, 686 yards, 4 TDs

I’ll take Waddle any day
Not to mention he is on pace to break Anquan Boldin's rookie reception record of 101. He's 24 away from tying the record with 5 games left.

Explosive talent and an alpha WR.

Also added a 1st in a much deeper 2023 draft.

Killer pick and going to be a perineal 1200+ a year WR.

He’s not as good as waddle, my jets buddy even agrees.

I like both players. Hell, I liked and still like ALL the receivers we were in the mix for. They’re all good.

Pitts, Chase, Waddle and Smith.

As to who is “better”, careers aren’t built in a single year. Or two. And each of these guys are in different situations, which is a huge factor. We need to see how things play out over a longer period of time.

But in the here and now I’m pretty sure each team that landed one of those players listed above are quite happy with them. MIA surely should be happy with Waddle.

As for the cost of acquiring Waddle at 6 rather than Smith at 12, again, these knuckleheads are ignoring the fact that MIA didn’t have the extra 1st they traded until they traded down — which was an action directly tied into pursuit of a particular player.

Had they wanted Smith instead of Waddle they’d had made the exact same move to ensure they landed him at 6. There was no guarantee any of those players were going to be around at 12.

As it were, we now know they wanted Waddle and by all accounts he wouldn’t have been around far past 6, if at all.

In the end MIA netted extra assets to trade down and select a player they really wanted. So this talk of “cost” is utter nonsense. It’s coming from a POV of what the fan wanted and not what MIA wanted. MIA lost nothing.

I like both players. Hell, I liked and still like ALL the receivers we were in the mix for. They’re all good.

Pitts, Chase, Waddle and Smith.

As to who is “better”, careers aren’t built in a single year. Or two. And each of these guys are in different situations, which is a huge factor. We need to see how things play out over a longer period of time.

But in the here and now I’m pretty sure each team that landed one of those players listed above are quite happy with them. MIA surely should be happy with Waddle.

As for the cost of acquiring Waddle at 6 rather than Smith at 12, again, these knuckleheads are ignoring the fact that MIA didn’t have the extra 1st they traded until they traded down — which was an action directly tied into pursuit of a particular player.

Had they wanted Smith instead of Waddle they’d had made the exact same move to ensure they landed him at 6. There was no guarantee any of those players were going to be around at 12.

As it were, we now know they wanted Waddle and by all accounts he wouldn’t have been around far past 6, if at all.

In the end MIA netted extra assets to trade down and select a player they really wanted. So this talk of “cost” is utter nonsense. It’s coming from a POV of what the fan wanted and not what MIA wanted. MIA lost nothing.
Understood, my point simply being Waddle is the better talent imo and has a higher ceiling. Smith could ultimately have a better career but who knows at this point. I’m happy they took Waddle.

Do you know of another team that has been to 2 playoff games in the last 20 years and who in year 2 of a rebuild would trade up to acquire a specific asset, other than a QB? I think most teams would be trying to acquire more total assets (draft picks)?

They were sitting at 3 and already had their QB in place, there was 7 players (Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Waddle, Smith, Parsons, and Slater) they could have taken with that initial trade down from 3 to 12 that would have helped this team move forward (rebuild) while receiving an additional (2) 1st rounders for their future.

Those of us that are “whining” about it are talking about opportunity cost.

I was initially very happy we traded out of the 3 position only to be utterly disappointed to find out what Grier did later. Didn’t make sense to me.

I don’t see any of these Wr’s turning in a career like Megatron, a player a team would trade up for… Just my opinion though.

He’s not as good as waddle, my jets buddy even agrees.
Maybe he is but I stand by my opinion ...with a competent GM I would take Smith and the 1st rounder but glad Waddle is what he is

The people always focusing on “cost” never cease to amuse. Not only that, these people can never seem add, subtract or account very well. I hope their spouse balances their checkbook.

Several of these goofballs forget that MIA traded down from 3 specifically to get Waddle at 6. Thus the 1st they traded to get back up from 12 to 6 wasn’t a true cost. And they still ended up with extra assets after both trades.

But yet here they are whining about ”cost”.

Lastly, MIA could have had ANY of the receivers at 3 w/o having to move around at all. Should they have just selected Waddle (or Pitts or Smith or Chase) there and not landed the extra assets?

I’m sure these math deficient fans wouldn’t be whining about that either, right? SMH.
This people has been balancing a checkbook all recorded on MS Money since 1993 so there is that
As for the rest of your statement blah, blah
its just my opinion man

Each of your posts in this thread have been blah blah blah, pointless, factless, and thoughtless.
yeah for opining about having a pretty good looking rookie WR and keeping a 1st Rd pick
So outrageous :rolleyes:

Do you know of another team that has been to 2 playoff games in the last 20 years and who in year 2 of a rebuild would trade up to acquire a specific asset, other than a QB? I think most teams would be trying to acquire more total assets (draft picks)?

They were sitting at 3 and already had their QB in place, there was 7 players (Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Waddle, Smith, Parsons, and Slater) they could have taken with that initial trade down from 3 to 12 that would have helped this team move forward (rebuild) while receiving an additional (2) 1st rounders for their future.

Those of us that are “whining” about it are talking about opportunity cost.

I was initially very happy we traded out of the 3 position only to be utterly disappointed to find out what Grier did later. Didn’t make sense to me.

I don’t see any of these Wr’s turning in a career like Megatron, a player a team would trade up for… Just my opinion though.
Agreed. Liked the trade-down, didn't like the trade back up. We'll never know, but who's to say Waddle wouldn't have been available at 12? Smith was, and they were widely considered pretty much even. If Smith was Philly's guy, they'd have taken him at 6 and if all else stayed the same, we'd have gotten Waddle at 12, and THAT would have been some fantastic GM'ing.

But that's just a big IF. Very happy we have Waddle, and Smith was my top choice, but only by a hair.

Waddle: 77 catches, 759 yards, 4 TDs, 1 rushing TD
Smith: 48 catches, 686 yards, 4 TDs

I’ll take Waddle any day
mic drop
tumblr_nrnq5pyFsR1slut06o1_500.gifv

Back
Top Bottom