When Dolphins knew they had something special with Waddle and why a Miami coach laughs now | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Dolphins knew they had something special with Waddle and why a Miami coach laughs now

My top guy was Smith but I was fine with Waddle or Pitts too... Was just a matter of preference. Im happy with Waddle and they're just starting to scratch the surface.
All three WRs and Pitts have been great. Basically all are among the top 10 rookies as rated by PFF. IMO Smith and Waddle were the best fits with Tua's skill set and our OL as being able to get quick separation was key. Smith was my top guy as well, but I can't argue with those who had Waddle #1. Chase I saw as the worst fit for us among those top 4 guys. Chase landed in the best spot for him.

The one rookie I'm most disappointed in not drafting is Creed Humphrey. He was another perfect fit for our offense. I wanted him about where we took Ike. I like Deiter, but Humprey is the highest rated C in the league (and the highest rated rookie) and looks like a guy who will anchor your line for a decade.

The last rookie PFF ranking I heard had Waddle at 7th Pitts at 8th, Smith at 11th, Chase at 12th. BTW Holland is at 6th.
How is Chase that low? Isn’t he on pace for a bazillion yards and TDs?

How is Chase that low? Isn’t he on pace for a bazillion yards and TDs?
Apparently, there is enough tape on him now for defenses to scheme for him. He doesn't seem to be getting open as much as he was. Plus they've been running a lot lately as Mixon is balling...

Apparently, there is enough tape on him now for defenses to scheme for him. He doesn't seem to be getting open as much as he was. Plus they've been running a lot lately as Mixon is balling...

We might be in a similair pickle if we can't find away to get others involved in the offense besides Waddle. Love Gesickie but him disappearing in games is disturbing. Not sure what's going on there.

We might be in a similair pickle if we can't find away to get others involved in the offense besides Waddle. Love Gesickie but him disappearing in games is disturbing. Not sure what's going on there.
The Panthers chose to take Gesicki out of the game and took their chances with Waddle and lost. I think most teams have been more fearful of Gesicki as he has had more downfield impact. Waddle until recently has been targeted with short passes which are less likely to produce large gains. Death by a thousand cuts as opposed to giving up chunk yards. That trend may change if Waddle keeps putting up large numbers and is targeted more downfield. When you see Gesicki with low catch totals you know where the D is keying and he is less likely to get separation when double covered. He can't run away from coverage as Waddle can. Even when they're rolling a safety over top to Waddle's side he still has the speed and ability to get open. Unfortunately, the Phins haven't been giving him that opportunity for the majority of his snaps. They seem to be opening him up more lately, I hope the trend continues...

The Panthers chose to take Gesicki out of the game and took their chances with Waddle and lost. I think most teams have been more fearful of Gesicki as he has had more downfield impact. Waddle until recently has been targeted with short passes which are less likely to produce large gains. Death by a thousand cuts as opposed to giving up chunk yards. That trend may change if Waddle keeps putting up large numbers and is targeted more downfield. When you see Gesicki with low catch totals you know where the D is keying and he is less likely to get separation when double covered. He can't run away from coverage as Waddle can. Even when they're rolling a safety over top to Waddle's side he still has the speed and ability to get open. Unfortunately, the Phins haven't been giving him that opportunity for the majority of his snaps. They seem to be opening him up more lately, I hope the trend continues...

Good perspective! It also says to be that we need at least one more play maker on offense on this team. Ideally a good #2. I guess techincally if Parker can get back on the field and actually stay healthy then it provides that three headed monster.

Good perspective! It also says to be that we need at least one more play maker on offense on this team. Ideally a good #2. I guess techincally if Parker can get back on the field and actually stay healthy then it provides that three headed monster.
Imagine the possibilities if we had an additional legitimate threat. Currently, they really only have to account for 2 guys, throwing a third in there would put us over the top. Unfortunately, DVP can't stay on the field enough to be that guy. I think Lindsay is going to do well for us, that would help take some pressure off the passing game and make the RPO's much more effective...

Imagine the possibilities if we had an additional legitimate threat. Currently, they really only have to account for 2 guys, throwing a third in there would put us over the top. Unfortunately, DVP can't stay on the field enough to be that guy. I think Lindsay is going to do well for us, that would help take some pressure off the passing game and make the RPO's much more effective...

I really like Lindsay. I like his energy and how he seems explosive and powerful.

I really like Lindsay. I like his energy and how he seems explosive and powerful.
He doesn't give up on plays or shy away from contact which we have sorely been lacking with our backs. He also seems to have great vision and instinctively makes good cuts.

The last rookie PFF ranking I heard had Waddle at 7th Pitts at 8th, Smith at 11th, Chase at 12th. BTW Holland is at 6th.
Yet the latest ESPN rookie poll doesn’t even have Waddle rated in the top 30 rookies at this time. I lose more respect for ESPN every time they put out one of these useless polls.

Could have chosen D Smith costing less to acquire who is arguably having just as good season
iu

Back
Top Bottom