When Dolphins knew they had something special with Waddle and why a Miami coach laughs now | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Dolphins knew they had something special with Waddle and why a Miami coach laughs now

Gesicki or Hollins
Sarcastic Bill Burr GIF by Desus & Mero

I wouldn’t mind drake London

I get that people want 2 first round picks next season. But that move had nothing to do with Waddle. They wanted one of 2-3 players. Waddle for sure, maybe Pitts, Chase, and Sewell. They knew they couldn’t go any lower than 6 to get one of their guys. They couldn’t trade out of 3 to 4,5,or 6 so they acquired capitol with a move to 12 so they could get what they felt was fair compensation to go from 3 to 6. They were able to get one of “their” guys and they had an extra first an

I get that people like the pick, but it there's no sense in denying the cost. The move with the 49ers was there whether or not the FO was fixed on 2 or 3 players. The FO was rich and willing to spend to get what it wanted. So far their judgement is looking pretty good.

Love the should’ve, could’ve, would’ve mentality. I personally liked Waddle better than Smith.
My first choice was Pitts followed closely by Waddle. I'm glad we got him. I leaned to Pitts because I figured (at the time) our WR room looked improved to the point we didn't need to spend an early pick on one as the pool was deep. In hindsight I'm glad I was wrong, we all see how that worked out. If he wasn't here, we'd really be screwed at this point...

I couldn;t believe he got ran down the other day. I was expecting him to take it to the house for sure.
He slowed thinking to cut inside as the DB had an angle on him and that slight hesitation allowed the DB from the rear to get him. He basically was running out of field and had no chance.

My top guy was Smith but I was fine with Waddle or Pitts too... Was just a matter of preference. Im happy with Waddle and they're just starting to scratch the surface.

My top guy was Smith but I was fine with Waddle or Pitts too... Was just a matter of preference. Im happy with Waddle and they're just starting to scratch the surface.
I was back and forth on Smith and Waddle but Smith's lack of physical stature concerned me. I thought waddle to be more versatile and had the ability to be used in more ways. Spent a lot of time watching highlights on each, had Waddle not gotten injured, Smith would have never put up the numbers he did. Both are good players in their own right. I think Waddle has the higher ceiling, time will tell...

Waddle has dragged a putrid offense (minus Tua and the games Gesicki shows up in) this whole year, I seriously can’t imagine how bad that side of the ball would be without him. Kid is going to be a top 5 receiver and sooner rather than later

Waddle IS a Miami Dolphin. He's not something apart from it. What an odd statement.

Speaking of..Hows Smith looked so far this season?

Speaking of..Hows Smith looked so far this season?
Very good so far... Hard to compare both as they are used very differently. Waddle has alot more catches while Smith has alot more yards per reception. They both have 4 TDs. So far so good for both of them IMO.

Back
Top Bottom