when will the patriots luck end???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

when will the patriots luck end????

Oh my god......What a pathetic bunch of whiney little slugs on this board.

The Patriots have been getting ripped off by the refs all season. The difference is when a bad call goes against us, we don't fold. When the Patriots get ripped off they respond by making plays.

Case to point.....the Miami game. The officials nearly gift wrapped that one for Miami. All the calls went the Dolphins way. They even gave you that 40 yard pass play where the receiver was clearly out of bounds.

But the Patriots hung in there and fought like only a CHAMPION can. Maybe that's why you guys are so confused. You don't understand the HEART OF A CHAMPION. You guys are used to watching heartless, gutless losers.

The Patriots are a special team. They were facing elimination in overtime. Everybody thought the game was just about over when HOuston got the ball on the 35 yard line after Walters shagged his punt. But the defense rose up and stopped the Texans for losses totaling five yards on first and second down. Most teams would have given up and cursed the punter for leaving them in such bad field position but the Patriots stepped up and made plays. THEY ALWAYS STEP UP AND MAKE PLAYS. If your pissed off now, you better hop on a plane and fly to a deserted island because this team isn't settling for anything other than another Super Bowl Championship.

I think you all should stop whining and just admit that you're jealous. You wish you could have a team like these Patriots. Every fan wishes they could have a team like this. This team is amazing. They bring tears to our eyes. But the best part is that we're still just getting started. The foretold death of the dynasty era was premature. We've got one forming right now

Last edited by a moderator:
Pyper....we can't lose.....I love it......the poor fins cant win and thay
hate the Pats?:sosad: A Dynasty started 2 years ago and will last
for years to come.....BTW who was the Prez when the fins last won
a SB?

I love how Ricky Proehl predicted that "a dynasty would be born tonight" prior to the Pats/Rams Super Bowl.

That's irony at its best. He doesn't even know how right he really was.

Yeah.....so that phantom holding call at the end of the game wasnt anything. It was Patriot magic. Sure!!!! To me the game wouldve been at least a tie if anything. It reminds me of last year's phantom holding call against Jamar Fletcher that put you down near the endzone. All I saw as well as the announcers was a possible flag against the Pats if anything. It's the big controversial calls that you guys are getting away with time and again. That is what I'm referring to. Not the bone-head mistakes that your team gets charged with like false starts and such.

Some poster on here or Billszone.com has a funny picture of a ref calling a game with a Patriots hat on in his signature. I can't get that image out of my head everytime I see a Pats game get ruined at the end by the bloody refs.

I don't hate the Pats, I hate the refs who have bailed you guys out on a good amount of games this year. It's dumb, because I really see the Patriots as more of a 7-4 type of team. They arent the juggernauts of the NFL. They are good team to be playing as well as they are with the amount of injuries they have. They have a great coach and a big heart. I just don't like how people like ESPN are making them out to be a magical team. They arent. They will get theirs. One day. And it won't feel good.

That is of course, if the refs let the game play out the way it should.

don't think we're jealous of the Pats, not quite. I really see us as 9-2 or 10-1 as I really only give credit to the Titans for kicking our arses and to the Colts (although we should have one that too, although we didn't deserve it). Be that as it may, the Patriotic champions could really just as easilly be 7-4 or worse as well. I think it is safe to say that on any given Sunday anything can happen and when it comes down to it, it's not who deserves to win all the time, it's not who puts the most effort or heart into a game,......sometimes it just boils down to which way the ball bounces, what gust of wind came though at a given second, or what weird angle some ball took off a tip.

so, be that as it may. The Pats have a better record, congratulations....but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are such a great wonderfuly going-to-the-superbowl team singing "We are the Champions" etc. The Pats haven't gone in a dominated teams all season. They have been granted a little luck from Lady Luck herself and have had the ball "bounce" their way a bit more often then not. That's it. Nothing more nothing less.

At the end of the season they should all make a trip to Las Vegas and play some blackjack before the ball stops bouncing to them...

Pats have that little angel riding on their shoulder like they did in their SB run.

Pats squeeze out wins by like 3-6 points usually.

Like I said..a few plays seperate us from being 8-2 or even 9-1.

**** happens.

Originally posted by PYPER
I love how Ricky Proehl predicted that "a dynasty would be born tonight" prior to the Pats/Rams Super Bowl.

That's irony at its best. He doesn't even know how right he really was.

perhaps ONE super bowl run involving a fumble that wasn't(believe it or not, NE was an incidental beneficiary of the league's distate for al davis), followed by a mediocre non-playoff year... and yet another season in which said "dynasty" plays down to the likes of houston, cleveland, washington does not a dynasty make?:confused: i dont think one in a row is gonna cut it fellas.

i will enjoy watching the law of averages catch up to you clowns...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Patriots a dynasty...please give me a break...did they make it to the playoffs last year??? No, didn't think so...so no dynasty for you pricks!!!

Originally posted by Hurricane495
I agree they are NOT a 9 and 2 team and Brady does NOT deserve to be PRAISED as a GOOD Quarterback I would rather have Tim hassleback or Spergon Wynn than Brady The patriots make me SICK

Obviously, you have not watched the Pats play or you know absolutely nothing about football. At this point in time, Brady is the most clutch QB in the game today. Nobody has a better track record at the end of games.

44 starts
43 games finished
31-12 in games finished (1-0 in games not finished)
22-0 when leading after 3 quarters
12 fourth quarter comebacks
7-0 in overtime
Super Bowl ring
Super Bowl MVP
Pro Bowl appearance

Yea, and you'd rather have Hasselback.

yep, mare's missed kick in the closing of our game, and his missed kick in OT are directly related to Brady's "clutch" ability as a QB....way to go making him miss those kicks.....Brady is a good QB I'll give you that....I haven't read through the whole thread but as I mentioned above....you have to allow for the fact that sometimes things just go your way....and at least this year they have gone the PATS way and although us fish fans are always pitted against our rivals I think that is what is frustrating....if 1/2 of the luck the PATS have had this year would have gone to the fish...we'd be 9-2 and the PATS would be 7-4......the PATS this year is like the guy you're always playing cards with that just happens to get dealt a better hand 4 out of 5 hands.....and it is irritating.....nothing more, nothing less...and as we can't control chance, luck or fate we can just hope that things go our way the last 1/4 of the season...

It's funny how the pats think they have a good game, let me break it down for you.

9-2 get real

The Ref's have in no way ripped off the pats, if anything they have propelled them to where they are. The texans game was a gift rap. You guys got owned by a horrible team. The difference about when Miami played them is that Miami played a horrible game. You guys played your hearts out and couldn't do it in regulation. Then the refs hand it to you on a phantom holding call. The defenders hands hardly, if they even did touch the pats WR. You know there is a problem with the call when the commentators are trying to explain it, and they are in mid sentence and just stop, utter silence. There is a problem. Lets say best case, the texans don't score after they stop the pats, becuase we are going to discard that bogus call.

the pats are 8-2-1

The broncos game, again the ref did not give it to them, but Elam did, luck did. A 3RD STRING QB Led the bronco's, and should have beat the pats. But elam got hurt, and they had no one left to kick. 4 times they punted from between the 30-38 yard line of the patriots, that is 12 points left on the field. The pats won by 4, lets chalk up another loss.

7-3-1 the pats are

The miami game, if the dirt wasn't there, I am sure mare hits that fg. It is not hard to push an oline back on hard dirt. Mare gave the pats that game when it should have been ours. Another loss for the pats

6-4-1

You play the eagles when they suck... luck. The titans on their ONE bad game of the season.... luck. Lets face it pats fans.... you do not have a good football team. When teams like the broncos with a 3rd string qb, who was sick when he played the game I believe, and the Texans could have, and should have beaten you if it weren't for the refs there is a problem. You have no played one good team this year besides Miami, and MIami gave you that game. The only good win you guys had was over the Cowboys.... and that's it. I can't wait till you guys get SMASHED by the Colts. First really tough game you have played all year.

Back
Top Bottom