when will the patriots luck end???? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

when will the patriots luck end????

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
Funny how we lucked out all these wins, but Miami blows all these games and say they are a 10-1 team :lol:

I look at it this way.....our O-line has more problems then the "mentally challenged" (to be politically correct) red-headed step-child down the street and our D has been good but not quite consistent enough......and although we don't have a long-ball game, can't open a hole to run Ricky through, have 2 good QB's but neither is great at anything, only one real wide-out....and the list goes on....

and despite all that and more.....we "blow" our lossed by 1 point to the texans, 6 points to the PATS in overtime, and 6 points to the colts (when we had the ball at their 15 with 1:50 left in regulation)......

By the grace of god (for the other teams that is), we haven't actually played any better or else we would only have 1 loss so far with one of the worst offenses in the league....

I think the only time we've been blown out of the water was the Titans game.....which after the D allowing 2 TD's in the first 2 series...finally started to do their job...

Originally posted by Williams34Phins

It should have never gone into ot, it makes perfect sense.

what? or even, why?

Last edited by a moderator:
to think of it that way is almost kind of scary :sr23: ......in a good way....we can only get better.....lol

Get over it

I usually wouldn't post in other teams boards, but after reading this I couldnt resist. I know you dont like the Pats, whatever, but you guys are whining like Raider fans, this is pathetic.

Yesterday the supposedly dominant Chiefs nearly lost to the Rick Mirer led Raiders, the Titans had to overcome a three touchdown deficit to beat the Vickless Falcons, and the Colts barely beat a Buffalo team that hadn't scored a touchdown in three games. Were those teams they lucky?

No, football comes down to four or five plays a game and whoever makes those plays usually ends up on top. Good teams will win close games and make those plays. The Pats, Chiefs, Titans, Colts are good teams, so are the Phins, Ravens, and even the Bengals. No team attains the record they have because they are lucky, that's ridiculous.

As far as paying off the refs, as Simpleton said, of the 16 team message boards in a given week that lose, all of them will be filled with fans who think the ref screwed their team. The fact is, for some reason most people refuse to put the blame where it belongs, the players.

The Pats are a good team, their defense has consistently made plays when it counts and is among the best in the league. Tom Brady has been playing clutch late in the game all year. Their run defense which was ranked 31st last year, has improved greatly. They also have a lot more speed on the defense. THe offensive line is gelling as the season continues. The WR, TE and RB don't have flashy numbers, but as Daniel Graham, Deion Branch, and K-Faulk has proven, they get the job done when it needs to be. If you can't see that, then don't make an obviously bias opinion.

"When will the Patriots luck end?"

December 7, 2003

what would have happened if the refs made the right call? Or shall I say no call. Most likely the game would have ended in a tie. Whether you beleive it or not the refs play a critical role in some games... this is unfortunate

Hey I totally agree FeartheFish, the refs make some critical calls...but you cant look back at a game and say oh had the refs not screwed us, we would have won.

A football game is a series of plays, and the biggest plays usually determine the outcome. THe Pats made the biggest plays as opposed to the Texans. The refs didnt make the biggest plays. The refs didnt avoid the rush and throw to Daniel Graham for 30 plus yards on third and long. The refs didnt catch an amazing ball in the endzone on 4th and 1.

You can look back at your Phin-Skins and say the same. DId the ref sub in for Brian Griese and lead an amazing comeback?

i've never said the PATS suck, quite the opposite.....and I'm not continually whining but rather debating / contradicting or whatever the posts by the PATS fans....and BTW......we are all biased, this is a phins board....maybe I'm rooting for the wrong team here? Everything I posted is true and I haven't overly exaggerated on any of the facts....

Our offense sucks and is one of the worst in the league and we have barely lost 3 out of the 4 games we have lost.....

A little bit of mojo as the PATS have had....and we really would have only lost 1 game now.......even with such a non-producing offense...that's not whining....that's calling it as I see it. Unless of course you think the PATS win over Miami was due to their great clutch-playing rather then our kicker having the worst year of his career?........you got the W which is all that matters, good for ya....

Originally posted by fearthefish
what would have happened if the refs made the right call? Or shall I say no call. Most likely the game would have ended in a tie. Whether you beleive it or not the refs play a critical role in some games... this is unfortunate

uh....yeah......didn't the refs screw up something like 9 penalties against us vs. the Texans (negating plays such as a 43 yard ? run by Williams, among losing other 1st down opportunities)?

Sometimes heart, effort and ability don't get you the W you deserve all the time.....sometimes it's a bad call, sometimes it's luck of the ball......that's not an excuse, it's the truth. That's just the way life goes. I just hope more of it goes our way some more...that's all....

Oh I wasnt talking about you jbon. In fact been here reading some of these posts for a few weeks, some of you guys are smart football fans. I was generally talking about the half dozen or so who are making lame excuses for why the pats have a better record than the phins. You seem to be one of the fans who gets it.

Yeah, Mare missing was an oddity, but dont discount the fact the Pats defense helped them stay in that game and the offense took advantage of a Miami miscue.

Wow, three posts in a matter of minutes on a Miami board. Lol good luck on the seventh.

Originally posted by NEPatsDynasty
Hey I totally agree FeartheFish, the refs make some critical calls...but you cant look back at a game and say oh had the refs not screwed us, we would have won.

A football game is a series of plays, and the biggest plays usually determine the outcome. THe Pats made the biggest plays as opposed to the Texans. The refs didnt make the biggest plays. The refs didnt avoid the rush and throw to Daniel Graham for 30 plus yards on third and long. The refs didnt catch an amazing ball in the endzone on 4th and 1.

You can look back at your Phin-Skins and say the same. DId the ref sub in for Brian Griese and lead an amazing comeback?

that's the stock answer that so many say. Answer me this: If the refs don't throw that flag in OT in your opinion do the Pats win that game. Complaining about calls made in the first quarter is one thing but it's entirely different when they are throwing the flags in OT... the refs need to be aware of that.

You can't tell if they would have won or not. I mean how do you know Brady doesnt hook up with Branch or Johnson or Ward for a 50 plus bond and they win the game like that. Give credit to NE for taking advantage of that call, and discredit to Houston for folding.

To credit Houston btw they are a hell of a team, they took us to the brink in a game I thought was a wash. They have rookie FAs and no names playing great football. They'll be contenders next year.

taking a break from work for a few minutes to clear my head some :) My history shows I don't post a whole lot...just took it as I've been writing a bit on this thread as I'm bored, that you meant me....not a biggie anyways....

Nope, the PATS definitely kept themselves in the game....I don't knock 'em.

If we win, we win....if we lose.....well at least I had a good time hanging out with some friends BBQ'ing :) I don't get to see many games in person anymore after moving to New Orleans....so I check these sites for news etc. to help keep me in the loop.....

Back
Top Bottom