when will the patriots luck end???? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

when will the patriots luck end????

it would have been hard for Brady to hook up with anybody since it would have been Texans ball with under 2 minutes. Remember the interception was negated due to the poor call. You are right though in the fact that the patriots take advanyage of their fortunes... I give them many props for that.

That's very true, I forgot about that. Of course if the texans had got the ball, the Pats defense could have very well made a play and got the ball back. Lol I mean this could go on forever. But I question the throw in the first place. Maybe he was look for a PI call, or maybe he thought Branch had him beat. Whatever the reason is, there's no reason arguing in it now.

To Jbonb: Well on this post you seem to get it, so you must be pretty smart.

Yeah getting tickets nowadays for a Pats game is impossible if you dont have season tickets you either have to have connections or have to be willing to shell out a great deal of money.

my only point I guess is that as a fan, I'm frustrated that our team hasn't managed to make do on a few of the "plays" that determine a game.....when they should have. Kind of like a prodigal son that had a chance for a full ride to some ivy-league school, have a nice career, 2.3 kids, 2.3 wives, white-picket fence etc.....except he drops out of school and is a bum instead..... (ok, kind of harsh.....but still the same emtion)....you just want more for your team.....

That's true, but in football as in life (cause we all know football=life :D ) you have to make your own breaks, and take advantage of the opportunities you get.

And it's not like you guys are out of it, you're 7-4 and there are 5 games left. A lot of football left to be played.

yep....like I said ....our Offense can only get better.....

but darn....it would be nice if my lottery ticket numbers were called instead of joe blow's across town.....:mdfin:

Re: Get over it

Originally posted by NEPatsDynasty
I usually wouldn't post in other teams boards, but after reading this I couldnt resist. I know you dont like the Pats, whatever, but you guys are whining like Raider fans, this is pathetic.

The Pats are a good team, their defense has consistently made plays when it counts and is among the best in the league. Tom Brady has been playing clutch late in the game all year. Their run defense which was ranked 31st last year, has improved greatly. They also have a lot more speed on the defense. THe offensive line is gelling as the season continues. The WR, TE and RB don't have flashy numbers, but as Daniel Graham, Deion Branch, and K-Faulk has proven, they get the job done when it needs to be. If you can't see that, then don't make an obviously bias opinion.

I haven't been following this thread, but I'll jump in anyway.

You're absolutely right, the Pats are indeed a good team and have made plays when they needed them. And to snipe about it is whining.

I think the point really is that despite the record, it's hard to argue that the Pats are so good that they should be considered a lock in any game against the top half of the league. NE made the plays it needed to beat Miami, but was given the chances to make them. Replay that same game 10 times, and 6 times Mare makes the first kick, and he makes the second one 3 out of the other 4. Replay the Denver game and the Pats likely don't get the chance to win it at the end, either.

I haven't seen the Pats much this year, but I was really impressed with them only once, against Dallas. They just flat-out won that game.

If the Pats beat Miami again, even on another missed kick, they will win the division and deservedly so. If Miami wins, it'll be an interesting December.

I made a few bucks on the Denver game :) THANKS PATS!

I'm thinking with everything going opposite to history this season for the Dolphins that this December will be different and I'm hoping last night was the start of another new trend or the breaking of an old one.

Nowadays you can't say any NFL team is dominant. I think the media wants to potray a team that way, but smart fans will know that every team has talent close to the others. Any given Sunday the team with the worst record could lose to the team with the best. Like I said above, parity is running rampant.

The Pats are a good team who have the ability to go deep in the playoffs, whether they will or not is beyond me. All I can do is hope that they will. Who knows, in the playoffs the Pats could host the Phins, and the Phins could win. I sure hope the hell not, but it could happen.

Although I guess my name contradicts that, but I thought of it on the fly. Meh, I am over it.

Originally posted by NEPatsDynasty
Hey I totally agree FeartheFish, the refs make some critical calls...but you cant look back at a game and say oh had the refs not screwed us, we would have won.

A football game is a series of plays, and the biggest plays usually determine the outcome. THe Pats made the biggest plays as opposed to the Texans. The refs didnt make the biggest plays. The refs didnt avoid the rush and throw to Daniel Graham for 30 plus yards on third and long. The refs didnt catch an amazing ball in the endzone on 4th and 1.

You can look back at your Phin-Skins and say the same. DId the ref sub in for Brian Griese and lead an amazing comeback?

I agree with most of what you said, except for the refs not screwing the texans. Essentially they did, no the refs do not make big plays. But they kind of did, blowing a call on a crutial play in the game, that kind of swung things in the other direction, it would have been Texans ball, and most likely ended in a tie.

Yeah, good one.

You said "It should have never gone into ot, it makes perfect sense"

and I ask, why on earth should it have never gone into ot?

ok here is how i feel on the issue, refs shouldnt matter, good teams find a way to win. however no smart ne fan can say the fins suck, becuase they all realize that they are one mare field goal away from being in second place. yes we lost the game and thats field goal, but were not as bad as some of your bum fans think

Back
Top Bottom