when will the patriots luck end???? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

when will the patriots luck end????

44 starts
43 games finished
31-12 in games finished (1-0 in games not finished)
22-0 when leading after 3 quarters
12 fourth quarter comebacks
7-0 in overtime

Let's see if the above makes sense.....he's started 44 games
12 comebacks + 22 (3rd qtr lead) wins = 34 wins (not 31 or 32 for the one game he didn't finish)

where are these numbers coming from out of curiosity?

So Mare has a FG blocked in OT and misses one other = lucky win for Patriots.
but Vinatieri having a FG blocked in OT, and missing 2 others = lucky win for Patriots.

That's some logic there.

The difference is the Pats win even when they make mistakes, they don't lose and then moan about their bad luck. It's what good teams do.

I love how Miami fans say we LUCKILY beat the Titans :D

Pats beat Titans

Titans ####ed Miami

Pats beat Miami IN Miami

Pats _____ in Foxboro

See you boobs in September.

FYI about the refs. The Patriots are the 3rd most penalized team in the NFL. Take off the blinders.

Funny how we lucked out all these wins, but Miami blows all these games and say they are a 10-1 team :lol:

well, I guess it's safe to say we're a good team then as we sure srewed up enough last night but still had the biggest comeback since pre-Marino (1980) in the 4th qtr :)

Yeah, 2 missed FGs by Mare in the dirt is a lucky win for the Pats....no other way around it....

All I can say about Vinatieri's missed FGs (I assume you mean vs. Texans?....don't know as I didn't watch that game...) is that we lost to the Texans by 1 point and everyone says we sucked because of it......so even if he hit 1 of the FGs and you all won by 3 in regulation.....if we sucked so bad losing by 1 where does that place the "champions" winning by a FG?

And blocking a FG is more about the D-line overpowering your O-line....not whether or not a gust of wind blew a kick, or a tipped ball went right to the hands of the DB....or some other small-chanced event occuring.....that's luck......the blocked FG...was your O-line being man-handled.... :) Sorry, had to get that in....

Yeah, no one is moaning right now as you all have managed to get the W one way or another (which is all the matters I'll give you) but I think there were quite a few moans being heard last season after winning the SB and then losing 7 games the next season and missing the playoffs...I love the self-righteous attitude of the "winning" fan.....it's so easy.....

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Lets accept the fact that the patriots are getting it done and we aren't.

As I've said all along.....they got the W's for whatever reason....Hats off to 'em.:horsey: :beerbang:

Sorry for sounding angry, but Miami fans have been calling the Patriots lucky for the last 3 years.

It is one of those things that we will never get off our backs :(

Originally posted by Simpleton
So Mare has a FG blocked in OT and misses one other = lucky win for Patriots.
but Vinatieri having a FG blocked in OT, and missing 2 others = lucky win for Patriots.

That's some logic there.

The difference is the Pats win even when they make mistakes, they don't lose and then moan about their bad luck. It's what good teams do.

It should have never gone into ot, it makes perfect sense.

Yea Adam got his FG blocked, then the pats didn't rebound, they would have lost, except the refs handed them a phantom holding call to keep them in the game. Watch teh game and then get back to me.

go around the message boards of the 15 teams that lost yesterday, and on at least 13 I'd expect to find some thread entitled "the refs screwed us".

Originally posted by Simpleton
go around the message boards of the 15 teams that lost yesterday, and on at least 13 I'd expect to find some thread entitled "the refs screwed us".

This is 100 % true.

funny thing about the tuck rule is thatI've seen that play at least 20 more times since that game and it has been called a fumble every time.

Originally posted by fearthefish
funny thing about the tuck rule is thatI've seen that play at least 20 more times since that game and it has been called a fumble every time.

You didn't read the rule clearly enough, at the end it says, "rule only applies if you are in a patriots jersey"

Back
Top Bottom