Which Dolphin Player(s) Have You Met In Person? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Dolphin Player(s) Have You Met In Person?

Olindo Mare in Denver airport. Although he was a free agent and was on way to Seattle to try out with the Seahawks. I think he was surprised someone recognized him. He was mildly friendly at best.

Damn, never realized that I’ve never met any Fins players.

I’ve met quite a few NBA players.

I think it’s harder to meet NFL players. I met a few Eagles back in the day when my dad would take me to sports cards signings at the mall or something.

Freakin Marino was in a suite near mine at MetLife during the MNF Jets game in 2014 and I wasn’t made aware until after he left. Shitty rainy game but we won.

I have little doubt Dan would’ve LOVED listening to my rants and we would be best friends. Shitty fuggin concierge. When we showed up in our Dolphin gear he made a point to tell me he works directly for Woody Johnson as if to say he could have me removed. Then he’s the one who informed me Dan was near by but only told me after he left. Mother fugger your job is to get me more mozzarella sticks. I’m still bitter.

Last edited:
Shula, Griese, Csonka, Buoniconti, Marino & Jimmy Johnson

I went to high school with Shula and Buoniconti sons. I used to see Griese at the Gables Youth Center all the time in the 70s as his oldest son was 3 or 4 years younger than I am. He once asked me if they paid me to wear my Notre Dame ball cap. He went to college at Purdue. Met Csonka at an event in Tallahassee in the mid 80s. Met Marino outside his old restaurant in CocoWalk. Jimmy and GF had lunch at a bar I managed. I think it was his first year as Dolphins' coach.

Last edited:
Marino, zack Thomas, Jason Taylor (he was very nice), Larry Izzo, trace Armstrong (he was also very nice), Richmond webb, ed Perry, Olindo mare he was actually pretty funny, (he was signing my football and he told me if he signed over the other players names, they would beat him up), some others I cant remember.

mercury morriss, troy vincent, oj mcduffie, oj was a hooteasy going and lot of fun. Troy was very standoffish, his son went to school and was teammate and friend of my son, needless to say i always want to talk dolphin football OJ had the best stories. Said when he was a rookie Marino threw a pass that split his hand open as he was catching with no gloves, hands bleeding , he kept catching, Marino looks at his hands and says you're gonna be alright, figures that Marino had total trust in OJ in crucial situations

Bob Kuchenberg - Played football with his nephew at Perry Middle
Autry Denson - Played football at Nova High
Tyrus McCloud - Played football at Nova High (think he was on practice squad)
Dan Marino - Wasn't too friendly, I was about 11 years old.

Played football with at least 5 other NFL players that are now retired. Went to 3 different High School's in Florida.

As ABC cameraman Bob Griese several times along with Lynn Swann and Keith Jackson (Whoa Nelly!) A bunch of other TV personality's.

As a nurse a crapload of ex-college and pro football I can't name due to HIPPAA. I walk into the room with my Dolphins lanyard and the guys always pick up on it. Especially the ex-Bills players. Helluva fun times talking life.

Met brandon albert at the end of the wembley game and he gave my son his gloves also sam maddisonand troy draton both signed my jersey sadly only saw dan marino could not get near him for a autograph

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom