Which Option Do You Think Miami Will Pursue? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Option Do You Think Miami Will Pursue?

Which Option Will Miami Pursue?

• Move up for Haskins or Murray

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Stay put at #19 and take best qb left

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Take BPA at #13 (most likely a defensive player)

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • Wait Until 2020 to get a QB

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Take a Qb somewhere in 2019 and then 2020 as well

Votes: 30 23.6%

• Total voters

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The organization is definitely doing their due diligence on quarterbacks in the 2019 draft, which is good.

What direction do you think the front office will take? With a new coach coming in and with an obvious need at quarterback does Miami move up for Haskins or Murray?

Do they stay put at #13 and take maybe Lock or Jones? Do they go defense in round one and maybe look for a quarterback later in the draft?

Do they perhaps take a qb in 2019 and 2020?

Or do they simply wait until 2020 when there could be a couple of dynamic quarterbacks available (Tua)?

It really depends how the board falls. Interesting scenario is the one the includes us standing pat at 19 and taking the best possible QB.

We can't force the QB.

It really depends how the board falls. Interesting scenario is the one the includes us standing pat at 19 and taking the best possible QB.

We can't force the QB.

We actually draft at 13 not 19.

I really feel like the organization would love to go defense at #13. But, when you don't have the quarterback that has to be the priority. I could see Miami waiting until 2020 and concentrating mostly on defense and offensive line in this draft, but you could also end up missing out on one of those top qb's from 2020. That's not a guarantee.

I'm sure the organization is talking over all those scenarios.

The two qb's that I would trade up for in 2019 would be Haskins or Murray. But, then you are most likely using your 2020 first rounder to do that. Would that be worth it? Hard to say.

I really feel like the organization would love to go defense at #13. But, when you don't have the quarterback that has to be the priority. I could see Miami waiting until 2020 and concentrating mostly on defense and offensive line in this draft, but you could also end up missing out on one of those top qb's from 2020. That's not a guarantee.

I'm sure the organization is talking over all those scenarios.
I'm not sold on either of the two, but it's really kind of a crap shoot.

One thing I am sure of though, is any young QB needs to be put in a good situation to succeed. We need to make our situation better by upgrading the O-line, and fielding a competent defense.

That is priority #1 this off season.

1. Do not move up
2. If your QB is there at 13, take him
3. If he isn’t, trade your first pick for a #1 and #2 in 2020

The two qb's that I would trade up for in 2019 would be Haskins or Murray. But, then you are most likely using your 2020 first rounder to do that. Would that be worth it? Hard to say.

I have a feeling once Grier and Marino interview Haskins he’s going to be QB 1 for them. I’m not saying I agree or disagree but that is my prediction. Haskins is a smart kid who is driven and meets Grier’s prototype, assuming he’s still into that. As far as trading the 2020 pick, that would suck but I’ll take the 2021 draft over 2020 any day.
My preference is to wait and hope Murray falls to 13 or close enough where you don’t have to give up much to move but I’d still be shocked if Grier and company are into Murray.

Back
Top Bottom