Which Option Do You Think Miami Will Pursue? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Option Do You Think Miami Will Pursue?

Which Option Will Miami Pursue?

• Move up for Haskins or Murray

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Stay put at #19 and take best qb left

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Take BPA at #13 (most likely a defensive player)

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • Wait Until 2020 to get a QB

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Take a Qb somewhere in 2019 and then 2020 as well

Votes: 30 23.6%

• Total voters
BPA is always what I want. We need more talent at every position.

I tell ya what would be hilarious though and reek of incompetence yet again...

If Miami were to dump it’s starting center and right tackle in back to back years and then promptly draft a right tackle in the first round and a center in the second.

Pretty much asset mismanagement in my view.

I'm not on the drafting a QB early train this year, personally I feel CB2 is a priority. Finding very good pieces for our future O and D line come next......

But something about Locke's junior and senior years is eerily similar to Dan the Mans last 2 years of college. Strong arm, aggressive and very talented. I dont love Locke and personally dont really like the top 2 tiers of QB's in the draft. I get the love for Murray, CK and Travis Wingfield have put a lot of work scouting him. I do think that Miami's eyes are set at looking at star QB's next year or year after...

But Marino and Locke may have a connection with not having that senior year of success like everyone imagined. 1 thing to note, is Locke succeeded vs SEC defenses week in week out, where the other QB's leagues weren't nearly as talented.

I also think while not nearly as talented as the tier 1 QB's Stidham has Pennington like qualities in throwing guys open....

Anyways, I personally would love to see Greedy William's fall or Devon White, or possibly a trade down if their gone, I dont know 6 or 7 spots for Daylon Mack as I view him as that center piece NT much like Vince Wilfork was.

Daylon Mack trade down in first with extra 3rd and 4th could really allow us to solidify both lines and also take shots at CB, QB. In that scenario imagine Mack in 1st round with Zach Allen in 2nd round, along with a shrewd signing with Flowers a FA pick up, and our current young DT's, and that would be one fierce Dline!

Maybe not next year, but for the next decade in that multiple 3-4/4-3/2-4 alignments we most likely will be running. Add CB2 in 3rd like Michael Jackson from tha U and dam that D would be incredibly rebuilt for long term success.

But I'd thing it would take a few season's to hit that potential....allowing us to rebuild for that QB in 20 or 21. I would love that....but there just seems something Marino-esque with that Locke kid....who knows! Also those 2 LSU kids have me excited as well, a real defensive transformation imho!

Last edited:
I think they will probably wait until 2020 and go bpa at 13 dline or cb.
What are your thoughts on Finley as a mid-rounder? Seems like a Cousins/Alex Smith type yes, no? That would allow Miami to stock pile defense early and maybe still go qb in 2020, but at least get a peak to see if Finley can be the man.

What are your thoughts on Finley as a mid-rounder? Seems like a Cousins/Alex Smith type yes, no? That would allow Miami to stock pile defense early and maybe still go qb in 2020, but at least get a peak to see if Finley can be the man.

Mid round sounds about right to me but I’m gonna pass on every qb in this class period not named Murray, Haskins, or lock.

So it’s basically I’m either getting it at 13 or moving up or I’m not getting it at all.

Last edited:
I think that Grier and company have to do their scouting work and evaluate these QB’s fully...I don’t believe any posters on this board can say with certainty this team should wait till 2020 to address the QB position...it’s nonsense and ignores history.

If you have a conviction on a player... you take a shot whenever that’s appropriate.

Joe Montana and Tom Brady would never get drafted by most of the posters on this board...ignore the pundits who regurgitate what they hear.

I think they'll will put off the QB pick until 2020, under this very unsubstantiated theory that 2020 will be a better QB year. I'm not sure that's a given and I have no idea how they are planning to get into position to take a Tua.

This franchise is meaningless until we find a QB, it doesn't matter if we draft what turns out to be the best defensive player in the draft or the best O lineman, unless we have someone capable of playing the QB position at a good to elite level we will nevber amount to anything more than a one and out in the play offs team.

The correct policy is to scout the hell out of all the QBs in this class, see if any of them have the potential to change this franchise, and I honestly believe 3 of them can from day one.
  • If you believe you have one or more, then do what you have to draft them.
  • If you've not found a day one game changer but have a guy in mind that you know you can mold into a star, then trade back, wait till the 2nd or 3rd round then go get him, pair him up with a vet QB who's best quality is working with young QBs and imparting his knowledge. Start putting some pieces around the new guy and be prepared to lose a few games in 2019.
  • If you don't like anyone, then trade back and trade back some more for 2020 draft capital, draft only high ceiling guys, all three scenarios assume you cut Tannehill, don't bring in anyone capable of winning more games than Fales of Falk and be prepared to lose big time next season
This whole, "oh lets build up the lines this year and next year we can get a QB" falls over on big issue, we won't get one picking middle of the pack again. This year may be the one year that can work out for us because folks have it in their minds that this is not a strong class and folks are scared because Kyler is 5'9", we may be able to stay pat and snag one of the 3 Murray, Haskins or Lock, my preference is in that order.

I hope that Grier and the Dolphins do what they've been saying they're going to do, which is build the DL and OL this draft and tank the 2019 season, then get our franchise QB in 2020. I'm just so tired of mediocrity, and if we go with one of these mediocre QB's in the 2019 draft I will be majorly disappointed.

This is a passing league now, and we _need_ to get a great passer and build a team around him that has talent. IMHO, we need to get good OL in the draft, and the only position that is secure is Tunsil at LT. Even worse, we need DE's to rush the passer. Those two things should be the focus of our draft, and we shouldn't get distracted on a wild goose chase of finding the next Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Pat White, Chad Henne, John Beck, etc., etc., etc.

Just do it right for a change. Build that OL then in 2020 get that QB with something to keep him upright and open run lanes to give him a decent running game. We want a great QB, but the ones that are good immediately tend to be the ones with good run games. If the talent at the QB position isn't available in 2019, let's fix the OL finally. Then in 2020 we'll have options for a good QB, and if we miss out, there's always Plan B, Tank Twice for Trevor. Ultimately, we need that great QB … well, I need it, I'm tired of watching sputtering offenses that never dominate.

I think that we will wait to see what NYG and Jax do. If Murray gets passed them, I could see us inquiring about moving to 8 to get him ahead of Denver and Cincy.

Am I the only one that thinks Tua's stellar college game (on a ridiculously loaded team) won't translate to NFL stardom ? Don't love him at the next level. Who knows ???

No I still like Tua but not anymore than Murray or Haskins. But then again, I really like both Murray And Haskins.

Back
Top Bottom