Which QB will be the new Beast in the East. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which QB will be the new Beast in the East.

The New Guy said:
I would have to disagree with you on that. Look at our offense:

WR’s Chambers, Booker, Welker, Gilmore.

TE McMichael.

RB’s Brown, Williams. (if he is not suspended)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vrs. The Chargers.

WR’s K.McCardell, ?, ?, ?

TE A. Gates

RB’s Tomlinson, Turner.

We definitely have the edge at WR. If Williams is not suspended, I would say that we also have the edge there as well. TE is the only position that the Chargers are slightly better than the Dolphins. If we get Brees or Culpepper, the Dolphins will be the new Beast in the East. Even if we don’t get either of them, I think we will still probably win the division. The rest of the East is not looking so good. The Dolphins are moving up.

The dolphins have slightly better WRs but SD has the bst RB in the game, the best TE(pass catching) in the game and a better OL.

nyjunc said:
The dolphins have slightly better WRs but SD has the bst RB in the game, the best TE(pass catching) in the game and a better OL.

Tomlinson is probably the best RB in the game, but two great backs are better than one.
Look at what the Dolphins backs did last year.

Ronnie Brown ---- 207 carries ---- 907 yards ---- 4.4 avg 4 TD’s

Ricky Williams ---- 168 carries ---- 743 yards ---- 4.4 avg ---- 6 TD’s

Together that’s ---- 375 carries --- 1650 yards ---- 4.4 avg ---- 10 TD’s

You also have to keep in mind that Ronnie hurt his ankle towards the end of the season, and Ricky had to serve his 4 game suspension in the beginning of the season.

------------------------------

Now on to Tomlinson --- 339 carries ---- 1462 yards ---- 4.3 avg ---- 8 TD’s

Very good numbers, but not better than Ronnie and Ricky together.

As for Gates, I agree he is the better TE of the two, but McMichael is not far behind.

Regarding the O-line, the Chargers may have the edge there, but what does that say about Tomlinson if Ricky / Ronnie can put up better #’s behind our O-line? Besides I believe we have already started to make some improvements to our line, and believe we will have an even better O-line than what we had towards last year.

I never said Miami didn't have good talent, just not as good as SD. I think you have excellent skill position players but need an upgrade in OL and now it looks like you got Daunte so it looks like you need an upgrade at QB too.

I never said Miami didn't have good talent, just not as good as SD. I think you have excellent skill position players but need an upgrade in OL and now it looks like you got Daunte so it looks like you need an upgrade at QB too.

nyjunc said:

:lol: I actually preferred Culpepper to Brees. If he can fully recover from his knee injury, he is a huge double threat. The guy is 6’ 4†and 264 lbs. Would you like to try and tackle him if he was heading towards you? The year before last he threw for 39 TD and almost 5000 yards. I think Saban got his guy. The good news is you might get the guy you want too. But there is a reason why the Vikings were asking for a 2nd round pick for Culpepper, and why the Redskins are asking for a 4th- 5th round pick for Ramsey. The reason is Culpepper is a lot better.

The New Guy said:
:lol: I actually preferred Culpepper to Brees. If he can fully recover from his knee injury, he is a huge double threat. The guy is 6’ 4†and 264 lbs. Would you like to try and tackle him if he was heading towards you? The year before last he threw for 39 TD and almost 5000 yards. I think Saban got his guy. The good news is you might get the guy you want too. But there is a reason why the Vikings were asking for a 2nd round pick for Culpepper, and why the Redskins are asking for a 4th- 5th round pick for Ramsey. The reason is Culpepper is a lot better.

The reason ins culpepepr puts up better stats and ramsey has never had a chance. Daunte will put up great #s but he has never been a guy who is great in big situations and I know you guys want to go deep in the playoffs and plan on it but daunte so far has prove to not be that type of QB plus he has character issues and a health issues. Can he turn it around and take the next step and become a true big time QB and not a stat guy? I guess it's possible but I wouldn't bet on it.

Just to clear things up I don't think ramsey is a sure thing, I have loved his potential since I saw him in 2003 that's why I was always fearful you guys would get him and that's why I think he's a good fit here if Chad can't play.

nyjunc said:

Miami went 9-7 with Frerotte at QB, Culpepper is a HUGE upgrade. What are you talking about? If you think Miami needs an upgrade you need to take a long look in the mirror man. When you see Pennington, Fiedler, Testaverde and Bollinger looking back, there isn't much room to throw rocks.

vanquenton said:
Miami went 9-7 with Frerotte at QB, Culpepper is a HUGE upgrade. What are you talking about? If you think Miami needs an upgrade you need to take a long look in the mirror man. When you see Pennington, Fiedler, Testaverde and Bollinger looking back, there isn't much room to throw rocks.

Minny was 2-5 w/ daunte last year and 7-2 w/o him.

If the Jets land Matt Schaub, their QB situation will be fixed. I wanted Matt Schaub in Miami, but now we got Culpepper. -_-''..

nyjunc? What the Hell are you talking about? Daunte Culpepper is a top 5 QB in this league. Period. End of statement.

Sounds like jealousy to me.

As for not being the "type of player you wnat in big situations". Here are his career playoff stats, (Looks like one bad game to me):

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD
---------------------+--------------------------+-----------------
2000 nor W,34-16 | 17 31 302 3 0 | 4 51 0
2000 nyg L,0-41 | 13 28 78 0 3 | 2 10 0 (on the Road)
2004 gnb W,31-17 | 19 29 284 4 0 | 6 54 0 (on the Road)
2004 phi L,14-27 | 24 46 316 1 2 | 5 25 1 (on the Road)
---------------------+--------------------------+-----------------
TOTAL | 73 134 980 8 5 | 17 140 1

Section126 said:
nyjunc? What the Hell are you talking about? Daunte Culpepper is a top 5 QB in this league. Period. End of statement.

Sounds like jealousy to me.

You sound like the rest of the misinformed fans, I expect better from you. daunte is top 5 in stats only, he is nowhere near top 5 in reality. Qbs are judged on wins and the facts are Minny has a better win % w/o him than w/ him since Daunte became the starter in 2000. daunte is a major choker who has had some of the best weapons the game has ever seen and still choked add in the weak div and conf and it's impossible for him to be considered anything more than medicore.

nyjunc said:
Minny was 2-5 w/ daunte last year and 7-2 w/o him.

Wow one bad year, keep in mind he got hurt and Minny had a bad OC and they lost thier big center, not to mention they had a bad defense.

Also the last time I saw you compare QBs, you said that Bolinger was better than Ferrote, and he got the Jets far didn't he?

nyjunc said:
You sound like the rest of the misinformed fans, I expect better from you. daunte is top 5 in stats only, he is nowhere near top 5 in reality. Qbs are judged on wins and the facts are Minny has a better win % w/o him than w/ him since Daunte became the starter in 2000. daunte is a major choker who has had some of the best weapons the game has ever seen and still choked add in the weak div and conf and it's impossible for him to be considered anything more than medicore.

you sound like most jet fans, dissing culpepper on one bad year last season....in 04 culpepper had 39 tds and 11 picks and took minnesota to the 2 round of the playoffs and had an excellent first round game against green bay and had 4 tds in that game...culpepper is a regular in the post season and has shown that he is a proven qb when it comes playoff time...in the playoffs daunte has 7tds and 0 picks....i think your going a little too far with this daunte sucks thing....just a little...and for all those posts about patrick ramsey...HE SUCKS...you were obviously just saying that becuase you know he is going to be the next qb for the jets and you didnt want to rip on him...patrick ramsey lost his starting job to old man brunell!!! havnt you seen miamis qbs the last few season...all back ups...and what was the results?? no playoffs!!! we finally have a proven pro bowl qb which is something the jets long to have

nyjunc said:

You can’t blame the Vikings playoff performances on the QB only. Minnesota had more problems than just the QB. Yes, last year they went 2-5 with Culpepper and 7-2 with Johnson. But I would bet that if Johnson was the starter in the beginning of the season, they probably would not have done any better than the 2-5 record they put up with Culpepper. They had a lot of things going wrong. You say Culpepper is a great stat QB, but chokes in big games. What big games? He has been to the NFC championship one time when he was basically a rookie. Other than that game he has played well in the playoffs. What about the other Qb’s in the NFL. Pennington is 1-1 in the playoffs; Brees is 0-1 in the playoffs. Culpepper is 2-2 in the playoffs and had one bad playoff game in his first time there. Dan Marino never won the big game, does that change the fact that he is one of, (if not the best) QB’s in NFL history? The facts are Stats can tell you what kind of QB you are getting. You don’t get elected to three Pro Bowls in 6 years starting if you are overrated. Among all qualified QB’s in NFL history with at least 1500 passing attempts, Culpepper ranks third in passer rating and second in completion percentage. That not one season, we are talking about NFL history. Culpepper is not only a huge upgrade from what we have had at QB for years, but he was also the best QB available. People say it is rare for a QB like Brees to go on the market, but I would say it is rarer to be able to trade for a QB of Cupepper’s caliber. If he can fully recover from the knee injury, he is a true double threat. To say that he is mediocre is absurd.

Back
Top Bottom