Which Team Declined Most After Offseason (dolphins, Seahawks) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Team Declined Most After Offseason (dolphins, Seahawks)

Yeah we should’ve given Landry 15 million a year. We also should’ve kept Suh. Then we can have like half our cap tied up in two players that didnt change the game for us. They also swore up and down that trading ajayi was a huge mistake, only to find out drake was a star in the making sitting right behind him.

Yeah we should’ve given Landry 15 million a year. We also should’ve kept Suh. Then we can have like half our cap tied up in two players that didnt change the game for us. They also swore up and down that trading ajayi was a huge mistake, only to find out drake was a star in the making sitting right behind him.

With a promising prospect coming in to be part of the rotation. I always say quality running backs can be found in the 3rd round and later.

Peter Schraeger has Miami as closing the gap on NE (said do today on NFLN). He’s always been kind to the team for some reason.

You win some and you lose some.

QB, HB, TE, OL, DE, LB, CB, S improved while DT, K got worse, and Landry vs Amendola/Wilson would not argue with either side on better or worse. Don't really get it honestly. If Tannehill is back healthy there is no doubt this is playoff caliber roster.

QB, HB, TE, OL, DE, LB, CB, S improved while DT, K got worse, and Landry vs Amendola/Wilson would not argue with either side on better or worse. Don't really get it honestly. If Tannehill is back healthy there is no doubt this is playoff caliber roster.

What's HB??? Beyond that -- Landry vs Amendola/Wilson is silly since only one can play same position same time. More still -- DT suffered HUGE! loss. Kicker? We don't know yet. But we certainly lost a "known" for an unknown at this point. QB improving (we hope but) Thill has gotta prove "it" plus overcome 1.5 years lost = not a given by any means. OL = yea I wanna agree but AGE is a serious ??? LB = pretty hard not to improve! But........... "playoff caliber roster" seems wishful thinking with so MANY unprovens and ???

What's HB??? Beyond that -- Landry vs Amendola/Wilson is silly since only one can play same position same time. More still -- DT suffered HUGE! loss. Kicker? We don't know yet. But we certainly lost a "known" for an unknown at this point. QB improving (we hope but) Thill has gotta prove "it" plus overcome 1.5 years lost = not a given by any means. OL = yea I wanna agree but AGE is a serious ??? LB = pretty hard not to improve! But........... "playoff caliber roster" seems wishful thinking with so MANY unprovens and ???
“HalfBack”

I was thinking it before but this article proves it. The 2019 Super Bowl will be a battle between the Seattle Seahawks and the Miami Dolphins.

ESPN blow hards know nothing. Go back and take a look at how they graded the Eagles during the off season last year.
Or Minnesota, or Jacksonville, or the LA Rams
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ckers-head-post-draft-2017-nfl-power-rankings

Just old men throwing s*** at a wall.

I'm glad the days of being off season champs are over and we're actually drafting some talent. If Fitzpatrick, Gesicki along with McMillan, Tankersley and Harris ball not to mention Tunsil, Howard and Drake, they will be massive additions to the team.

It's all big names and fantasy football that controls perception nowadays. Digest this, because of fantasy football there is no doubt in my mind that most non Dolphins fans think Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins, Derrick Carr, Dak Prescott and Jimmy Garapolo are all far superior QB's to Tannehill. Reality to me is they are all in the same tier at least.

The national media is striking out on us and I'm going to be bullish about it. Barring injuries (and yes I do think this is the biggest factor in the NFL season, very few teams can overcome big injuries) I expect the return of Tannehill to bring the QB position from below average to above average. This will cause the whole team to make a jump regardless of the list of players we lost. Whether finheaven wants to admit it or not Mike Pouncey is probably more talented than a Center the 49ers made an offseason priority to replace. Even still Kilgore was an excellent pass blocker and I think the drop off will not affect the offense much at all. I also feel the addition of Sitton, Tunsil in his 2nd year at LT along with a healthy James will make for the best pass blocking unit we've had in the Tannehill era. I just can't believe the national media can't see this. As far as Landry goes I wanted to keep him but spreading those touches out amongst more explosive players, assuming they have the toughness to handle it, can hardly be seen as a negative. This is again fantasy football, especially PPR, and name recognition all the way. The more I think about how much perception of football revolves around fantasy the less I want to play this year. Personally I want the Miami offense to spread it around so much they frustrate fantasy owners into not knowing what guys to draft/play. I think that makes for the best offense.

We really haven't replaced Suh, no doubt we're expecting our young DT's to fill big shoes. We'll have to see how that plays out but with better LB play I hope we can tighten up the run defense. Other than that the defense should be better at every other positional group (DE, CB, S, LB). I know I'm about as biased as they come, especially in May, but I just don't know what the national media is seeing right now when they say we're #1 overall pick worthy. I mean if Ryan goes down maybe we're in the hunt otherwise no way.

I was thinking it before but this article proves it. The 2019 Super Bowl will be a battle between the Seattle Seahawks and the Miami Dolphins.

ESPN blow hards know nothing. Go back and take a look at how they graded the Eagles during the off season last year.
Or Minnesota, or Jacksonville, or the LA Rams
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ckers-head-post-draft-2017-nfl-power-rankings

Just old men throwing s*** at a wall.

You mean they rank these teams based on the year they have before? Well that’s just some scientific **** right there.

Suh is a great individual player but did not make people around him better (think Larry Bird of the Celtics). Our run defense was not great with him AND his salary loss now allows us to sign several players.
Pouncey WAS great, but injuries have taken a toll. OL coaches always talk about the importance of taking snaps together in practice and preseason. That was not possible with Pouncey.
Landry caught many passes but how many were game winning? I suspect that the thinking is that those receptions and yards will be split among several people, there fore the defense cannot focus on one player.
I wish all three players well with their new teams, but I feel it is a real absence of understanding to say we are worse without them.

Suh is a great individual player but did not make people around him better (think Larry Bird of the Celtics). Our run defense was not great with him AND his salary loss now allows us to sign several players.
Pouncey WAS great, but injuries have taken a toll. OL coaches always talk about the importance of taking snaps together in practice and preseason. That was not possible with Pouncey.
Landry caught many passes but how many were game winning? I suspect that the thinking is that those receptions and yards will be split among several people, there fore the defense cannot focus on one player.
I wish all three players well with their new teams, but I feel it is a real absence of understanding to say we are worse without them.

As much as I like what's going on in the FO right now, I still have difficulty with the Suh move. The restructure done with him basically meant the Fins couldn't do what they wanted to with a rotational DT system AND keep Suh. It was just stupid.

NFL writers like writing about big names, big personalities. Hell, remember when Michael Sam was all over the media even though he had no place getting drafted.

The Fins lost a lot for them to write about so of course they’ll throw shade on the choices.

Back
Top Bottom