Which top 6 Wrs will make team? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which top 6 Wrs will make team?

Parker, williams, fuller, foster, waddle and Bowden are my choices right now. The Bowden vs Wilson battle will be interesting. Hollinss is a good pick to beat out Foster for the 6th spot simply because of his special teams play. I also wouldn't be shocked if the 6th spot goes to someone currently on another roster, there will be some interesting names released at the end of training camp, some players that over the past few seasons we may have been interested in selecting in the 6th or 7th round of the draft.

Fuller
Parker
Waddle
Preston Williams
Grant?
Wilson?
Bowden?
Hurns?
Hollins?

Too many unknowns. How does Flo value a gunner over good hands? Grant has stuck for so.e unimaginable reason. Why? Will Grier find a trade partner?
Parker, Fuller, Waddle are locks, sans trade. Williams? Low cost, 2nd big body. Wilson? No idea. Bowden? Likely

I really believe Williams could be on the bubble.

As the saying goes, “the best ability is availability”. And through 2 seasons Preston has played half the time.

I realize the types of injuries he’s suffered weren’t his fault, but he‘s still developed an injury prone tag.

I can see Flores having a short leash with him this season. The guy is talented but if he can’t play he’s not much of an asset.

Also, his size and skillset are a bit redundant with DeVante Parker’s. Assuming Parker isn’t going anywhere, although he’s injury prone too, I can see Flores being less likely to keep him if any nagging injuries begin to show up in camp or preseason.

But perhaps I’m wrong.
I think football people understand injuries are not predictable.

I think fans get caught up in "injury prone" way too much.

Parker, williams, fuller, foster, waddle and Bowden are my choices right now. The Bowden vs Wilson battle will be interesting. Hollinss is a good pick to beat out Foster for the 6th spot simply because of his special teams play. I also wouldn't be shocked if the 6th spot goes to someone currently on another roster, there will be some interesting names released at the end of training camp, some players that over the past few seasons we may have been interested in selecting in the 6th or 7th round of the draft.
I think you may be right and I think they keep a lot of guys around as late as possible in case of injuries. I think Grant might be tradeable. He as second team all pro as a punt returner last year.

Fuller
Parker
Waddle
Preston Williams
Grant?
Wilson?
Bowden?
Hurns?
Hollins?
Who else besides Waddle and Grant can do more than one job, such as return punts and kicks, or play special teams at a high level?

I know some people think Wilson might get cut because of money but we won't save much by cutting him. The savings are 2.850mill while the dead money his is 2.333mill so if he gets cut it won't be because of money. Could he be traded? maybe if we can find a taker.

i believe Parker,Waddle and Fuller are in of course. Williams is the most talented of the rest so I'd keep him. Wilson is the most talented of all the others so he should be in.....that leaves one spot if he keep only 6. Bowden is pretty good but Hollins is the best for ST's

It's a good problem to have.

btw, I wish we had the same problem of having too many good RB's but we don't.

Poor Grant! I don’t see any scenerios(outside of people getting hurt before the season starts) that he makes the team.

Now with that said I really don’t want to see Waddle out there on special teams. Unless there’s some dire situation where you need him.
Look with Grant he has had years to develop and he just has not. I'm not expecting him to be a main option in the pass game but what we got last year was atrocious. He had to make some of those plays and he just didnt

Too many unknowns. How does Flo value a gunner over good hands? Grant has stuck for so.e unimaginable reason. Why? Will Grier find a trade partner?
Parker, Fuller, Waddle are locks, sans trade. Williams? Low cost, 2nd big body. Wilson? No idea. Bowden? Likely

Grant has stuck because he isn't a WR. He's a dedicated return man who was thrust into playing WR by injuries.

Look with Grant he has had years to develop and he just has not. I'm not expecting him to be a main option in the pass game but what we got last year was atrocious. He had to make some of those plays and he just didnt

Agree! I think last season was the nail in the coffin for him. Our top 2 reciever were out most of the season which gave him his opportunity to shine. But, Sadly he didn't!

Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Williams
Bowden
Hollins???

The last spot is up for grabs, but I bet it is NOT Wilson or Hurns unless the cap it is just too hard to swallow. Given the return abilities of both Waddle and Holland, I can't see Grant making the team, which breaks my heart a little, but it's true. Preston Williams is our young, tall WR to back up Parker and cover the slot when it's not Waddle or Gesicki/Shaheen/Long. Hollins is our big-bodied WR to fill the same role or be the jack-of-all-trades guy when injuries pop up ... as they always do in our WR room.

Back
Top Bottom