Votes: 37 13.3%
  • Patrick Ramsey

Votes: 81 29.1%
  • Aaron Brooks

Votes: 85 30.6%

• Total voters
Adam First said:
Tommy Maddox.

He knows Mularkey's...or the Miami Dolphins' system.

i voted for ramsey but i almost voted for madox, now that you mention this i think i should have

I honestly believe that we could go into the season with either Lemon, Berlin, or a draft pick as our number 2. If we go with 4 QB's look for it to be Daunte, Lemon, Berlin and possibly a late round draft pick. Last time I checked, didn't Mueller say that you should always draft a QB, even if it is in the late rounds? I really wouldn't mind Drew Olson, Tarvaris Jackson, Reggie McNeal, Brett Basanez or someone of the nature.

I think if I went with anybody it I would say brooks.
he has a strong arm good mobility. And with a decent team around him he actually looks pretty good in pocket.

Ramsey might not be bad either . But he may cost us picks. And his mobility isn't as good as Brooks.

the other two might be considerable if only first two were not an option. Or still there.

A draft pick might still be another way too.

WelcomeBack said:
I honestly believe that we could go into the season with either Lemon, Berlin, or a draft pick as our number 2. If we go with 4 QB's look for it to be Daunte, Lemon, Berlin and possibly a late round draft pick. Last time I checked, didn't Mueller say that you should always draft a QB, even if it is in the late rounds? I really wouldn't mind Drew Olson, Tarvaris Jackson, Reggie McNeal, Brett Basanez or someone of the nature.
Well Im sure he wasnt expecting us to trade 2 draft picks for QB's then...

My vote is for Lemon.

I'd rather have Griese but that's just my personal preference. Among those four, I could go with Maddox since he's a fellow UCLA product. Harrington and Ramsey are young and will probably be wanted as possible starters. Aaron Brooks I think will go to the Falcons if they trade Schaub.

Saban4prez said:
CLEO LEMON...and im not kidding ok, i saw him in preseason last year and i truly believe he can be a good player fo us...

I think a lot of you guys are fogetting the immense importance our backup may have this year.
There's a good chance that Culpepper will not be ready to start the season. If that happens your telling me your comfortable having our playoff hopes rest on a guy whose been passed from team to team and was a backup in NFL Europe of all places?

I've seen many a player look fantastic in a couple of quarters of preseason against other training camp fodder.

The guy is a long term project, he's not ready to step in and start successfully for any team let alone one that is doing it's best to ramp up for a shot at a title.

We'll have to wait and see. If Saban and Mueller really have confidence in this guy we won't bring in another vet. I don't see it happening though.

IMO you'd see hell freeze over before Saban will go into this season with Lemon as our backup QB.

it'd probally be more accurate to add Griese, Lemon, a Draft Pick, and None of the Above options as well...anyways I still like Ramsey...and if we decided to go with a draft pick, I like Jacobs in the 4th (if he's there)...

Trekbiz said:
I've seen many a player look fantastic in a couple of quarters of preseason against other training camp fodder.

The guy is a long term project, he's not ready to step in and start successfully for any team let alone one that is doing it's best to ramp up for a shot at a title.

IMO you'd see hell freeze over before Saban will go into this season with Lemon as our backup QB.
Does the name AJ Feeley ring a bell. Looked good in a few games for the Eagles and look how well that turned out.

I trust Saban, and whoever he feels is deserving and ready to be the backup is who he will choose, be it Lemon, Berlin or a draft pick. There has to be a reason he traded a 6th to get the guy even with Feeley in the trade.

Back
Top Bottom