who has a problem with ronnie brown now???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who has a problem with ronnie brown now????

It will never change, I have gotten tired of fighting all the haters here. You should have seen them before the 2007 season. I heard people say he was not a starting NFL back, he will be out of the NFL in three years etc....

I also liked that they didn't feel he was close to the "elite" NFL backs like Reggie Bush, or Larry Johnson. They stayed around until week 3 or so, then said well, he can never keep it up. By week 7, everyone on the site had ALWAYS been a Ronnie Brown fan, I mean he was a beast, best player on the field period. After week 7 he was a wasted draft pick injury-prone back.

To me, he is my favorite player, has been since we drafted him, my little daughter has his jersey, I always draft him on my fantasy teams, and I love to watch him play. It honestly makes me sick to see how many people dislike him on a MIAMI DOLPHIN WEBSITE.

It will never change, I have gotten tired of fighting all the haters here. You should have seen them before the 2007 season. I heard people say he was not a starting NFL back, he will be out of the NFL in three years etc....

I also liked that they didn't feel he was close to the "elite" NFL backs like Reggie Bush, or Larry Johnson. They stayed around until week 3 or so, then said well, he can never keep it up. By week 7, everyone on the site had ALWAYS been a Ronnie Brown fan, I mean he was a beast, best player on the field period. After week 7 he was a wasted draft pick injury-prone back.

To me, he is my favorite player, has been since we drafted him, my little daughter has his jersey, I always draft him on my fantasy teams, and I love to watch him play. It honestly makes me sick to see how many people dislike him on a MIAMI DOLPHIN WEBSITE.
gotta agree with you, he is by far my favorite player on the dolphins, even though i like every single person on the miami dolphins. i own his jersey, and i look foward to watching him play every sunday,it makes me feel good to able to watch such a talented player on the dolphins.

That's just how a lot of posters have become. It's like they look for our players to fail, and almost want them to fail just so they can say "I told you so". Especially if they wanted the FO to draft a different guy. It's somewhat understandable after having so many draft blunders, but Ronnie's different at least in that he has the talent to match his draft position, injuries just happen.

when he STAYS ON THE FIELD for a couple whole seasons
and is CONSISTANT, then the true love will start happening.

he has GREAT talent. but can he sustain it?

can his body sustain?

and i know that "hater" is one of those hi-school boy,
catch all words that are a security blanket for all
things contrary to ones limited knowledge, but for
GODS SAKE!!! can that word go AWAY for just a
little while?

please?

MP08!!

Look...Ronnie played a fantastic game yesterday, and he showed signs of being an elite running back before the injury last year. But, when you measure his whole career up to this point, he has been just an average back, and based on that...he has been a bust as a #2 pick.

One game does not a career make. Especially when everything came out of single-wing gadget plays. I hope he keeps it up...I would love it if he does.

If you call me a hater for those statements...fine. The point is, not everyone is a "hater" just because they disagree with you. Some people have a different measure of success. I am sure all the Ronnie fans had a hard time arguing how great he was...before yesterday. Now you have some ammo...more power to you. Like I said...I hope he keeps it up...

when he STAYS ON THE FIELD for a couple whole seasons
and is CONSISTANT, then the true love will start happening.

he has GREAT talent. but can he sustain it?

can his body sustain?

and i know that "hater" is one of those hi-school boy,
catch all words that are a security blanket for all
things contrary to ones limited knowledge, but for
GODS SAKE!!! can that word go AWAY for just a
little while?

please?

MP08!!

No question

Look...Ronnie played a fantastic game yesterday, and he showed signs of being an elite running back before the injury last year. But, when you measure his whole career up to this point, he has been just an average back, and based on that...he has been a bust as a #2 pick.

One game does not a career make. Especially when everything came out of single-wing gadget plays. I hope he keeps it up...I would love it if he does.

If you call me a hater for those statements...fine. The point is, not everyone is a "hater" just because they disagree with you. Some people have a different measure of success. I am sure all the Ronnie fans had a hard time arguing how great he was...before yesterday. Now you have some ammo...more power to you. Like I said...I hope he keeps it up...

Pretty much...

Ronnie's injuries have affected his production, no doubt, but to call him a bust is garbage.

Jason Allen, on the other hand.

I wouldn't call them haters. I would call them over reactors. Just like we now have a bunch of people who think we are on our way to the playoffs, after one win. What is unfortunate is that there are those of us well balanced fans that get accused of being haters because were aren't blowing these players and coaches off enough.

I wouldn't call them haters. I would call them over reactors. Just like we now have a bunch of people who think we are on our way to the playoffs, after one win. What is unfortunate is that there are those of us well balanced fans that get accused of being haters because were aren't blowing these players and coaches off enough.

Well stated. I mean we are 1-2. Ronnie has one good game out of three and some people are like I told u so. If we do well over the whole season I will give props but 1 game against NE does not make our whole season

Well stated. I mean we are 1-2. Ronnie has one good game out of three and some people are like I told u so. If we do well over the whole season I will give props but 1 game against NE does not make our whole season

It's not just one good game, look at Ronnie's last 8 starts or so. Look at his play when he's been healthy. It just never made sense to me that people could call this guy a bust, even after the first two games of this season, where his carries were very limited.

It's not just one good game, look at Ronnie's last 8 starts or so. Look at his play when he's been healthy. It just never made sense to me that people could call this guy a bust, even after the first two games of this season, where his carries were very limited.

You have to go on production. We need to quit talking in generalities here and use hard stats. I would say that Ronnie is worth a #2 if he has 4 1500 yard seasons or 7 1200 yard seasons. He is nowhere near on the road to those numbers. If you don't like my criteria...please give me some hard numbers that you would consider acceptable to be a real #2.

Basically, the "he's good"..."no he's not" type argument around here just goes nowhere...now arguing what would be "value production" based on the pick...that we could argue...I would consider that a much more intellectual pursuit...

You have to go on production. We need to quit talking in generalities here and use hard stats. I would say that Ronnie is worth a #2 if he has 4 1500 yard seasons or 7 1200 yard seasons. He is nowhere near on the road to those numbers. If you don't like my criteria...please give me some hard numbers that you would consider acceptable to be a real #2.

Basically, the "he's good"..."no he's not" type argument around here just goes nowhere...no arguing what would be "value production" based on the pick...that we could argue...I would consider that a much more intellectual pursuit...

Well he does average 4.5-5 yards a carry and he's proven he can do that. Meaning if he could every play a 16 game season with the bulk of the carries and starts, he'd probably be the 1200-1500 yard back you want. Based on what he has SHOWN us, when ON the field, he's worth a top pick, and is not a bust. He's a great all around back. However his health is a major concern.

Well he does average 4.5-5 yards a carry and he's proven he can do that. Meaning if he could every play a 16 game season with the bulk of the carries and starts, he'd probably be the 1200-1500 yard back you want. Based on what he has SHOWN us, when ON the field, he's worth a top pick, and is not a bust. He's a great all around back. However his health is a major concern.

I agree, when he is on the field...he is a top-tier back and would be worth a #2...but you can't just ignore the fact that we have not been able to get the full potential out of the guy...

Back
Top Bottom