who has a problem with ronnie brown now???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who has a problem with ronnie brown now????

I agree, when he is on the field...he is a top-tier back and would be worth a #2...but you can't just ignore the fact that we have not been able to get the full potential out of the guy...

So we can only hope we do, we can only hope this year he starts the rest of the games, continues to produce great numbers, and finally put an end to any arguments that he wasn't the right pick at that spot.

Ronnie's injuries have affected his production, no doubt, but to call him a bust is garbage.

Jason Allen, on the other hand.

Funny all I see is JA making tackles and plays when given the opportunity... but have to admit... he must be dumb as box of nails... and that has to be what keeps his physical gifts out of the line-up...

You have to go on production. We need to quit talking in generalities here and use hard stats. I would say that Ronnie is worth a #2 if he has 4 1500 yard seasons or 7 1200 yard seasons. He is nowhere near on the road to those numbers. If you don't like my criteria...please give me some hard numbers that you would consider acceptable to be a real #2.

Basically, the "he's good"..."no he's not" type argument around here just goes nowhere...now arguing what would be "value production" based on the pick...that we could argue...I would consider that a much more intellectual pursuit...

how about his ypc average which i think is 5. and his blocking skills which dont show up in the stat sheet.

who remembers that foolish thread about 20 running backs they would take over ronnie brown. hhahahahhahahhahhahhahaha,

Last edited by a moderator:
Calm down people. He had a fantastic game but it doesn't make him any less injury prone.

I love Ronnie, but in today's NFL, any rb taken in the top 10 is a reach, imo. There's a ton of value to be had later in the draft.

Calm down people. He had a fantastic game but it doesn't make him any less injury prone.

I love Ronnie, but in today's NFL, any rb taken in the top 10 is a reach, imo. There's a ton of value to be had later in the draft.

What are u talking about, Ronnie is better than Adrian Peterson, LT and every other back before him. You want proof he had a 100 yard game last week.

give the guy some respect dlock i think he derserved it by leading the nfl in yards per scrimmage last year when he was healthy, and he killed our biggest enemy last week. its amazing how u still try and take away from ronnie brown. and of course we are gonna rep him on this site cause its a dolphin site and where phin fans and where proud of rb.i understand that u have been dogging ronnie for years but u have 2 give it up already. i can see it now, ronnie killing it up 2 week 16 and have a bad week in week 17 and u comig on here saying he only had 16 good games or lets see him do it thru week 17 or somthing crazy.u guys have 2 face it that ricky is a backup and ronnie is our star running back and its a wrap

give the guy some respect dlock i think he derserved it by leading the nfl in yards per scrimmage last year when he was healthy, and he killed our biggest enemy last week. its amazing how u still try and take away from ronnie brown. and of course we are gonna rep him on this site cause its a dolphin site and where phin fans and where proud of rb.i understand that u have been dogging ronnie for years but u have 2 give it up already. i can see it now, ronnie killing it up 2 week 16 and have a bad week in week 17 and u comig on here saying he only had 16 good games or lets see him do it thru week 17 or somthing crazy.u guys have 2 face it that ricky is a backup and ronnie is our star running back and its a wrap

Big deal he lead it over 6 games. Do it over a season and I will give him props. Lets not forget over about 3 games that Chambers was the leading receiver in the NFL last year but did he get any less hate. U obviosly have reading comprehension issues because I have not dogged Ronnie for years and have never called him a bust, I just dont give out unwarrented accolade for one game.

Big deal he lead it over 6 games. Do it over a season and I will give him props. Lets not forget over about 3 games that Chambers was the leading receiver in the NFL last year but did he get any less hate. U obviosly have reading comprehension issues because I have not dogged Ronnie for years and have never called him a bust, I just dont give out unwarrented accolade for one game.

Also last season he lead it after 7 games. Including the first two games which he was only getting like 10 touches a game, thanks to Camoron genius that Jesse CHatman was better.

who remembers that foolish thread about 20 running backs they would take over ronnie brown. hhahahahhahahhahhahhahaha, i havent seen phanatical on here in a while. it probably kills him 2 see ronnie prove him wrong

Yeah that guy was talking out of his @ss then

You know what i like most about this weeks game besides the fact that we won?

Theres nothing like a good old convincing beat down that drive all those negative nancy fans out... where are all the ronnie brown a bust people now? If you know who they are this is the thread to shout them out!!! BECAUSE THEY ALL HAVE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS!!!! hahaha :lol:

They are just layin' low until he has a bad game so that then they can start screaming about how he is a bust etc. They will do with Ronnie what they do with the Fins in general: ignore or discount every good thing about the team and dwell only on the negative because thats what "real football guys" do. :lol: Those of us who have faith in the team and are willing to be positive even when it's hard to do will be proven right in the end. GO FINS!! :hi5:

With Ronnie tearing it up & Beck buried on the depth chart, its been pleasant on this site. lol.

wow the Beck front has been oh so quiet lately. I wonder if the Ryan<Beck equation is still holding up lol. I laugh at that analagy but Im glad Beck is still here, I say again he could be a very good backup for us for years to come.

I can't remember who said it, but you can't simply look at production as a gauge for a running back on a dismal team. That line of thinking gets Ryan Leaf drafted in the top 3 when he had the talent of a 7th rounder, or even Matt Leinart if you look more recently.

Fact of the matter is, you have to look at how he has performed when given the chance. Mularky hardly used Ronnie. Then Saban quits, and Cam comes in and makes Ronnie the workhorse. What happens? He leads the NFL in yards after 9 games. Then he gets his ACL blown out because the QB throws a pick, and he tries to make a play on it. Then you all come and call him "injury-prone" because of that. Am I the only one who sees the stupidity in that? So now this season. First 2 games, he gets maybe 7 touches in each game, and you all expect production? Seriously? The coaching staff FINALLY realizes that Ronnie is the superior back to Ricky at this stage in their careers, gives him the start and plenty of touches. So what happens? He has a monster game. This isn't a coincidence. I simply can't understand the blatant dislike posters like dlockz have for him, it makes no sense. Its like he stole your vodka and killed your dog......

Back
Top Bottom