who has a problem with ronnie brown now???? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who has a problem with ronnie brown now????

I can't remember who said it, but you can't simply look at production as a gauge for a running back on a dismal team. That line of thinking gets Ryan Leaf drafted in the top 3 when he had the talent of a 7th rounder, or even Matt Leinart if you look more recently.

Fact of the matter is, you have to look at how he has performed when given the chance. Mularky hardly used Ronnie. Then Saban quits, and Cam comes in and makes Ronnie the workhorse. What happens? He leads the NFL in yards after 9 games. Then he gets his ACL blown out because the QB throws a pick, and he tries to make a play on it. Then you all come and call him "injury-prone" because of that. Am I the only one who sees the stupidity in that? So now this season. First 2 games, he gets maybe 7 touches in each game, and you all expect production? Seriously? The coaching staff FINALLY realizes that Ronnie is the superior back to Ricky at this stage in their careers, gives him the start and plenty of touches. So what happens? He has a monster game. This isn't a coincidence. I simply can't understand the blatant dislike posters like dlockz have for him, it makes no sense. Its like he stole your vodka and killed your dog......

I dont dislike Ronnie Brown, I just dont see what he has done as showing him to be a great runningback there is a differance. The only player on the find I dislike is Joey Porter and thats because he is an a hole that has fought dogs and acts like an azz

how can you have not seen how he's a great runningback? do you not watch the games? every single play he looks fantastic, even when he's stuffed at the line. he never loses yards on his own accord and is a complete back in every sense of the word.

how can you have not seen how he's a great runningback? do you not watch the games? every single play he looks fantastic, even when he's stuffed at the line. he never loses yards on his own accord and is a complete back in every sense of the word.

Greatness is defined by results not potential. He is 24th in rushing yards this season and has one 1000 yard season in three years . That is not my defintion of greatness. Was Karim Abdul Jabbar a great runningback ?

Greatness is defined by results not potential. He is 24th in rushing yards this season and has one 1000 yard season in three years . That is not my defintion of greatness. Was Karim Abdul Jabbar a great runningback ?

All credibility lost. I can't understand how someone who calls themselves a fan of a team can be so critical of it's best player. Greatness if indeed defined by results. True talent can be spotted by watching them play though. You simply refuse to acknowledge it, or more likely, lack the football mind to recognize it. "Ricky had a 1500 yard season 7 years ago, of course he is the better back." Good grief......

All credibility lost. I can't understand how someone who calls themselves a fan of a team can be so critical of it's best player. Greatness if indeed defined by results. True talent can be spotted by watching them play though. You simply refuse to acknowledge it, or more likely, lack the football mind to recognize it. "Ricky had a 1500 yard season 7 years ago, of course he is the better back." Good grief......

I never said Ricky is a better back at this time but I will say that Ronnie Brown will never show to be as good as Ricky was in 2002 which is probably among the top 10 all time runningback performances so its not really a knock. I think Ronnie is a very talented back but he is not special compared to to top backs in the NFl at this time. Maybe he can become that player this year. Attack my football knowledge all u want, Im not letting my being a dolphin fan influence my true opinion of a player like many are on this board. There are better runningbacks than Ronnie in the league right now and if u dont like that opinion thats fine but u cannot dispute it.

greatness is defined by playing great, not posting good stats.

Excellent point my friend. Great players get stuck on crap teams and never get to really shine. Really great players get stuck on crap teams and shine, but not to their full potential, Barry Sanders for example. I am 100% sure we are seeing a great player stuck in a bad situation. I just hope we turn it around soon enough for Ronnie to make his name known before he gets too old......

Excellent point my friend. Great players get stuck on crap teams and never get to really shine. Really great players get stuck on crap teams and shine, but not to their full potential, Barry Sanders for example. I am 100% sure we are seeing a great player stuck in a bad situation. I just hope we turn it around soon enough for Ronnie to make his name known before he gets too old......

Well Barry Sanders was on some crap teams but nobody denies his greatness. First thing Ronnie has to do to prove his greatness is stay healthy, then step two is do great things. Over his career he has not been great. If you think so fine, but I guess u have have a loose defination of greatness. I guess Michael Turner is great all of a sudden too.

RB has been challenged by every staff... including this one... to be better prepared physically and mentally to be the running back his physical gifts may allow him to be...

In the past he's been out of shape... and has failed to show the mental toughness and drive to become a truly elite back in the NFL... maybe this will be his year... I hope so.... wonder if contract time around the corner has anything to do with it...

If ANYONEs knee get hits just at the right angle and at the right force, it will tear ligaments. Just like a helmet to the back of the hand or caught between two helmets will brake a bone...or two. Has anyone been able to answer what does a broken hand and ACL tear have to do with physical conditioning or mental preparedness yet?

He was in incredible shape last year and still tore his knee

If ANYONEs knee get hits just at the right angle and at the right force, it will tear ligaments. Just like a helmet to the back of the hand or caught between two helmets will brake a bone...or two. Has anyone been able to answer what does a broken hand and ACL tear have to do with physical conditioning or mental preparedness yet?

He was in incredible shape last year and still tore his knee

I think most players that get injured just have bad luck. Ken Griffy always seems in great shape and is always injured. You could say the same for Yatil Green. Im sure he came in in shape.

We will and he will be a big part of the reason why.

I think most players that get injured just have bad luck. Ken Griffy always seems in great shape and is always injured. You could say the same for Yatil Green. Im sure he came in in shape.

So you agree but disagree!lol! :sidelol:

Hate all you want, you are obviously entitled to your opinion, but the guy has rare talent. Will he have a HOF career, break every record, and be considered by most one of the best? You are right in that, only time will tell.

So you agree but disagree!lol! :sidelol:

Hate all you want, you are obviously entitled to your opinion, but the guy has rare talent. Will he have a HOF career, break every record, and be considered by most one of the best? You are right in that, only time will tell.

people confuse truth with hate. The league is loaded with guys that have rare talent, thats why they are in the NFL but to be considered great you have to use that talent consistently and prove it.

people confuse truth with hate. The league is loaded with guys that have rare talent, thats why they are in the NFL but to be considered great you have to use that talent consistently and prove it.

Hey d... you make too much sense above with your takes on RB.... these cats just don't get it....

Back
Top Bottom