Who Has The Best...... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has The Best......

Justasportsfan said:
so you're telling me I should judge both teams based on paper?

Your new players and schemes and coaches haven't produced any facts to formulate an opinion other than what could be. I've already agreed that the fins "COULD HAve" the best or worst DL. :D

Should I say JP IS BETTER (like it's fact) only because on paper JP has more talent than Feeley? :confused:

Are the bills better because JP also has more weapons than Drew has physically?

sure judge both teams based on paper and compare them but that does not make a full comparison does it? you need the reputation in there as well. This is where it is impossible to compare the two d-lines and thus achieve a full comparison because, as stated earlier, the pats d-line remains almost fully intact in terms of the playing unit, coaching staff and scheme while the fins is almost completely different. The only way to compare the teams is on paper but that is not enough to reach a full conclusion so as to say one is better than the other. The same applies to the JP and AJ thing. JP does have more talent than feeley on paper, however having played hardly at all last year you cannot make a judgement of JP's reputation in the NFL and compare it to AJ's which, if you could, would mean (if say JP started all games last year and went to the pro bowl) that you could label JP as a better qb than AJ. Same applies for JP vs Drew, JP has more physical talent on paper, however he is practically a rookie with no reputation in the NFL meaning that their influence on the bills is incomparable. hope we can agree on this one :D

dolfancoolio said:
sure judge both teams based on paper and compare them but that does not make a full comparison does it? you need the reputation in there as well. This is where it is impossible to compare the two d-lines and thus achieve a full comparison because, as stated earlier, the pats d-line remains almost fully intact in terms of the playing unit, coaching staff and scheme while the fins is almost completely different. The only way to compare the teams is on paper but that is not enough to reach a full conclusion so as to say one is better than the other.
Our reputation is that we have a great D that was ranked no.2 ans was no.1 in takeaways. Not only is that a reputation it's a fact.

Your D's reputation is being one of the worst against the run. Through the years, your D's reputation is that it losses big games. It's reputation got worst last year.

Your new look D has no reputation. If our D was ranked in the middle. then you have an argument. But no. 2?

I agree your schemes are differetn but they haven't even created a reputation yet with their new identity. Like I said, until we have hard eveidence on the table, the latest evidence stands.

You cannot win a case in court with "could've, would've and should've" But you can win a few w/ facts.

dolfancoolio said:
The same applies to the JP and AJ thing. JP does have more talent than feeley on paper, however having played hardly at all last year you cannot make a judgement of JP's reputation in the NFL and compare it to AJ's which, if you could, would mean (if say JP started all games last year and went to the pro bowl) that you could label JP as a better qb than AJ. Same applies for JP vs Drew, JP has more physical talent on paper, however he is practically a rookie with no reputation in the NFL meaning that their influence on the bills is incomparable. hope we can agree on this one :D

Feeley has the reputation of being the worst qb in the league. He also has a reputation of throwing INT's for TD's. He sucks on paper and by reputation. So I take it by your logic, your team is doomed if you are going to base the performance of your team on your qb (if AJ starts)

Justasportsfan said:
Our reputation is that we have a great D that was ranked no.2 ans was no.1 in takeaways. Not only is that a reputation it's a fact.

Your D's reputation is being one of the worst against the run. Through the years, your D's reputation is that it losses big games. It's reputation got worst last year.

I agree your schemes are differetn but they haven't even created a reputation yet with their new identity. Like I said, until we have hard eveidence on the table, the latest evidence stands.

You cannot win a case in court with "could've, would've and should've" But you can win a few w/ facts.

Feeley has the reputation of being the worst qb in the league. He also has a reputation of throwing INT's for TD's. He sucks on paper and by reputation. So I take it by your logic, your team is doomed if you are going to base the performance of your team on your qb (if AJ starts)

i am not proposing any could've should've or would'ves to defend my team. i really can't keep discussing this with you when you say that the latest evidence stands because i truly feel with the changes to the playing unit/coaching staff/scheme of our d-line that the latest evidence is irrelevant. what i'm trying to say is don't make a judgement of the fins d-line period. At most you can only judge that of which we have on paper which can only give you individual talent of the players anyway so making a judgement of the fins d-line right now is impossible without a reputation to rest it on. It's going to be unpredictable without a reputation (like many things- JP Losman, Ronnie Brown etc.) as you said we may be the best d-line in the AFC east or the worst because of all the changes to our playing unit/coaching staff/scheme. time will tell. As of right now yes i'll admit AJ Feeley sucks. However at no point did i ever state that i base the performance of my team on the play of my qb. Still there is the possibility of improvement and progression but still as of RIGHT NOW Aj Feeley is a bad qb.

dolfancoolio said:
i am not proposing any could've should've or would'ves to defend my team. i really can't keep discussing this with you when you say that the latest evidence stands because i truly feel with the changes to the playing unit/coaching staff/scheme of our d-line that the latest evidence is irrelevant. what i'm trying to say is don't make a judgement of the fins d-line period. At most you can only judge that of which we have on paper which can only give you individual talent of the players anyway so making a judgement of the fins d-line right now is impossible without a reputation to rest it on. It's going to be unpredictable without a reputation (like many things- JP Losman, Ronnie Brown etc.) as you said we may be the best d-line in the AFC east or the worst because of all the changes to our playing unit/coaching staff/scheme. time will tell. As of right now yes i'll admit AJ Feeley sucks. However at no point did i ever state that i base the performance of my team on the play of my qb. Still there is the possibility of improvement and progression but still as of RIGHT NOW Aj Feeley is a bad qb.
when trying to come up w/ an argument, you guys have to prove why your DL is better than ours. Not the other way around. So far no one has come up with anything other than paper.

We are better by what's been ptroven and what you call, reputation.Doesn't mean your team won't be better than ours this year. Until they prove it on the field, your team isn't.

I guess you guys would have an argument if the title read, "who's DL is better on PAPER"

Justasportsfan said:
when trying to come up w/ an argument, you guys have to prove why your DL is better than ours. Not the other way around. So far no one has come up with anything other than paper.

We are better by what's been ptroven and what you call, reputation.Doesn't mean your team won't be better than ours this year. Until they prove it on the field, your team isn't.

I guess you guys would have an argument if the title read, "who's DL is better on PAPER"
I think we are spliting hairs the afce has the strongest set of 4 Dlines in the NFL and whatever differences there may be are minor.

zeke0123 said:
I think we are spliting hairs the afce has the strongest set of 4 Dlines in the NFL and whatever differences there may be are minor.
:lol: I agree. Was just tryin to argue for the sake of arguing. That rarley ever happens

:couch:

Justasportsfan said:

hey im not the one who started the thread i don't think its possible to compare the two d-lines with the fins d-line not having a reputation as of yet and the bills already having one. i haven't once said i believe ours is better than yours and i haven't once ruled out the possibility that our d-line won't be better than yours when the season actually gets going, its all about the fact that without a reputation due to all the changes, a full analysis of our d-line and for that matter a full comparison of our d-line when compared to yours or any other teams is not possible. On paper its very close with the bills and fins d-line but i'd probably say the fins are better on paper due to the loss of pat williams. but as said before not being able to compare reputations renders the comparison on paper as superficial and unworthy of being a full comparison. only time will tell who actually has the better d-line...

dolfancoolio said:
hey im not the one who started the thread i don't think its possible to compare the two d-lines with the fins d-line not having a reputation as of yet and the bills already having one. i haven't once said i believe ours is better than yours and i haven't once ruled out the possibility that our d-line won't be better than yours when the season actually gets going, its all about the fact that without a reputation due to all the changes, a full analysis of our d-line and for that matter a full comparison of our d-line when compared to yours or any other teams is not possible. On paper its very close with the bills and fins d-line but i'd probably say the fins are better on paper due to the loss of pat williams. but as said before not being able to compare reputations renders the comparison on paper as superficial and unworthy of being a full comparison. only time will tell who actually has the better d-line...
I already gave you your diploma (paper) :mad:

dominizzo said:
guys the Fish will have the better record in the end MArk My words
better than what they had last year. I agree. 5-11 :up:

Justasportsfan said:
I already gave you your diploma (paper) :mad:

:lol: lol yeah i wouldn't worry too much about paper...unless our d-line starts tearing it up this year with all the changes, THEN YOU MAY FEAR THE PAPER!!:lol:
nice chatting/discussing/arguing with you justasportsfan hope to do it again some time, but for now i must be off, cya later fellow football campedres

zeke0123 said:

Winnar

dolfancoolio said:
:lol: lol yeah i wouldn't worry too much about paper...unless our d-line starts tearing it up this year with all the changes, THEN YOU MAY FEAR THE PAPER!!:lol:
nice chatting/discussing/arguing with you justasportsfan hope to do it again some time, but for now i must be off, cya later fellow football campedres
:up:

Hope to see you when Dominizzo starts a nother thread titled..... "who's betterthan Miamis mascott ?"

The Jets are very soft in the middle, with Dewayne Robertson not having lived up to his billing yet.

I take it you didn't watch Robertson play last year, he played at a Pro Bowl level and made alot of money for Jason Ferguson this offseason. he was a beast and is only getting better, he will be a pro bowler this year giving us 3 on the DL.

I'm post #118? Is somebody really reading this?

I say
1. Dolphins
2. Pats
3. tie- either one

Back
Top Bottom