Who Has The Best...... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has The Best......

Justasportsfan said:
Having 3 new starters does not make your team any better nor worse than anyone. It does not prove anything ,does it? What other basis is there other than what "has been done"?

"What has been done RECENTLY" is closer to the truth than "what could be".

but when you think about it what has been done RECENTLY has involved different coaching staff, different players and a different scheme. No it does not prove anything but it also doesnt mean you should simply judge our d-line based on last years completely different unit/coaching staff/scheme.

dolfancoolio said:
but when you think about it what has been done RECENTLY has involved different coaching staff, different players and a different scheme. No it does not prove anything but it also doesnt mean you should simply judge our d-line based on last years completely different unit/coaching staff/scheme.

And you shouldnt simply deem your D-line great when you have no idea what the new unit/coaching staff/scheme is going to do.

BillsCA said:
And you shouldnt simply deem your D-line great when you have no idea what the new unit/coaching staff/scheme is going to do.

i never deemed them great, i admitted we have talented individuals on the d-line on page 5 of this thread but that was it...watch your mouth.

Watch my mouth? Please, your arguments are just for the sake of arguing. Your just spewing out B.S. when you have no idea what your talking about. Underachieving linebackers? Who is your DT? If we dont judge on last years performances than what can we possibly talk about? Potential?

Please.

BillsCA said:
Watch my mouth? Please, your arguments are just for the sake of arguing. Your just spewing out B.S. when you have no idea what your talking about. Underachieving linebackers? If we dont judge on last years performances than what can we possibly talk about? Potential?

Please.

no need to get angry, the only reason i said that is because you made an unfair accusation of me. i actually said overachieving if you took the time to read my original post. i am judging based on last years performances for the bills, jets and pats because their d-line units remain mostly untouched. the fins however, have a completely new coaching staff, d-line unit (bar JT) and scheme so any judgement of them so far other than to say that the individuals we have on the d-line have proven they have talent is superficial.

dolfancoolio said:
There are two ways of formulating an opinion. One is by what has been done and what is on papaer. I chose what's been done.

Are we not allowed to come up with an opinion with regards to the question raised by the thread, since I cannot judge a team based on last year? You want me to judge your team based on paper ONLY? Your team was already better the day you got rid of Wanny. I've stated that before. Now if you compare your team to another team, there's no way to come up w/ an opinion based on performance because there aren't any performnaces other than last year.

Let me ask you one question then. The Pats on paper are weaker because they lost their coaches. Would you say the fins are better than the Pats then? Who cares if they are the defending champs. That was last year by your logic.

The Pats have one of the best systems but you can argue you have better talent. Are you better than the PAts? Offensively? Defensively?

pleasure chatting with you gents. i'm always up for healthy discussion and argument- even if it does get a bit heated sometimes. Bills fans don't be discouraged by what is written in my sig i am willing to discuss football anytime, most of you are down to earth. Still GO FINS!!!!!!!!!! seeya later.

dominizzo said:
dont bother arguing
dolfancoolio is doing fine. Just because you can't and are considered FH's resident homer even by your fellow finfans, doesn't mean the others shouldn't argue.

do I sense a little hostility in here?

can we please get over the fact that I said they could go undefeated a year ago?... this year Miami will go 9-7 BTW

Justasportsfan said:
There are two ways of formulating an opinion. One is by what has been done and what is on papaer. I chose what's been done.

Are we not allowed to come up with an opinion with regards to the question raised by the thread, since I cannot judge a team based on last year? You want me to judge your team based on paper ONLY? Your team was already better the day you got rid of Wanny. I've stated that before. Now if you compare your team to another team, there's no way to come up w/ an opinion based on performance because there aren't any performnaces other than last year.

Let me ask you one question then. The Pats on paper are weaker because they lost their coaches. Would you say the fins are better than the Pats then? Who cares if they are the defending champs. That was last year by your logic.

The Pats have one of the best systems but you can argue you have better talent. Are you better than the PAts? Offensively? Defensively?

see my above post, with a new unit, scheme and coaches any judgement other than to state what we've got on paper (AKA individual talent on the d-line) is gonna be superficial. As for the Pats, they are still going to carry out the scheme that romeo crennel ran as far as i know, co-ordinator differences aside they still have the genius BB at the helm and their unit on paper and based on reputation (seeming as they have the same scheme, some coaching changes and the same player unit) is very strong. In terms of on paper, which i consider to be the rating of the individual talent of the players, coaching influences and schemes aside, i think the fins and pats are very close however i probably give the edge to the pats. In terms of reputation comparing the pats and fins is impossible. you prove my point in saying "there's no way to come up w/ an opinion based on performance because there aren't any performnaces other than last year." thats right but remember that last years unit/coaching staff/scheme for the fins is very different to this years so thus (sounding like a broken record i know and im sorry) any judgement of the fins d-line based on reputation is going to be overtly superficial.

it's funny how Bill fans want to dwell on the past, the really funny thing is that they don't have a past. bottom line is that the Bills have won 0 SBs and afterall that is the main goal for every NFL team

dolfancoolio said:
see my above post, with a new unit, scheme and coaches any judgement other than to state what we've got on paper (AKA individual talent on the d-line) is gonna be superficial. As for the Pats, they are still going to carry out the scheme that romeo crennel ran as far as i know, co-ordinator differences aside they still have the genius BB at the helm and their unit on paper and based on reputation (seeming as they have the same scheme, some coaching changes and the same player unit) is very strong. In terms of on paper, which i consider to be the rating of the individual talent of the players, coaching influences and schemes aside, i think the fins and pats are very close however i probably give the edge to the pats. In terms of reputation comparing the pats and fins is impossible. you prove my point in saying "there's no way to come up w/ an opinion based on performance because there aren't any performnaces other than last year." thats right but remember that last years unit/coaching staff/scheme for the fins is very different to this years so thus (sounding like a broken record i know and im sorry) any judgement of the fins d-line based on reputation is going to be overtly superficial.
so you're telling me I should judge both teams based on paper?

Your new players and schemes and coaches haven't produced any facts to formulate an opinion other than what could be. I've already agreed that the fins "COULD HAve" the best or worst DL. :D

Should I say JP IS BETTER (like it's fact) only because on paper JP has more talent than Feeley? :confused:

Are the bills better because JP also has more weapons than Drew has physically?

Back
Top Bottom