Who Has The Best...... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has The Best......

dolfancoolio: Comparing the bills d-Line with the Phins D-Line, I wouldn't say one is considerebly better than the other. The reason Minny paid Pat all that money is because they had over 20 million$ in cap Room. Yes he is a good D-Line but he is on the wrong side on 30 and for the Bills to give the same money would have restricted them to sign free agents in the next few years.

The Myth said:
Well lets start with the fact that Marquise Hill is a DE not a DT.
If you really look at D-Lins including depth there is no team that can come close to what the Patriots have.

DNTs-- Vince Wilfork, Ethan Kelly.

DEs/DTs--- As in they can play both positions Ty Warren, Richard Seymour, Jarvis Green,

DEs-- Rodney Bailey, Marquise Hill,

That is far and wide the best D-Line group in the AFC East.

i gotta say the JEts they have a strong good dline

WILLIS21 said:
dolfancoolio: Comparing the bills d-Line with the Phins D-Line, I wouldn't say one is considerebly better than the other. The reason Minny paid Pat all that money is because they had over 20 million$ in cap Room. Yes he is a good D-Line but he is on the wrong side on 30 and for the Bills to give the same money would have restricted them to sign free agents in the next few years.

still above 30 or not above 30, takes a sting out of your run d doesn't it??? hey i'm man enough to admit that t-bo's inevitable retirement and chesters injury last year will probably hurt our run d, even with traylor its still good to have another run stuffer in the middle. but then again rome wasn't built in a day and neither was a fins dynasty. give it a year or two....the future is bright for the fins.

nick1 said:
you can't blame me for having high hopes just like I'm sure you have high hopes for J.P.Losman but he is also completely unproven

Havine high hopes and claiming that your team will go 16-0 are two different things.

justasportsfan please read and respond to my posts on page 5 of this thread. are you not answering them because they are actually creditable arguments or what????

dolfancoolio said:
still above 30 or not above 30, takes a sting out of your run d doesn't it??? hey i'm man enough to admit that t-bo's inevitable retirement and chesters injury last year will probably hurt our run d, even with traylor its still good to have another run stuffer in the middle. but then again rome wasn't built in a day and neither was a fins dynasty. give it a year or two....the future is bright for the fins.

that is the thing we have a bright future but the bills dont they had a horrible draft i rate their draft D

dolfancoolio said:
justasportsfan, can you truly say that your d-line unit will do fine without pat williams in the middle? theres a reason minny paid him that money and its because he can single-handedly stop the run a lot of the time. this year we will see your overachieving LB's true colors. thats not to say i think they will do bad its just to say the possibility of them being exposed now exists. as for our d-line unit, how many d-lines with as much talent or more than our own do you see nowadays that fail because they "can't play as a unit". i can't think of many, and don't bring up last years fins d-line because we were without chester and t-bo for pretty much the entire season which is why we couldn't stop the run, but with JT we still managed to rush the passer quite well.
Didn't see this post.

Yes, I can truly say that our DL will be fine without PAt because unless you follow the bills closely, Edwards was playing better than PAt when he was in there. He had better nos. That is just my opinion. Whether Edwards can sustain an entire season of playing well remains to be seen.

I do trust Krumrie like you guys trust Houck to know his job. Our DL has gotten better with him as our DL coach. Last year was only his second year and our D finished 2nd. I trust our entire D coaches to know what they are doing.

dolfancoolio said:
justasportsfan please respond to my above post. as for this post goes how can you formulate an opinion of our d-line based on how they performed last year when three of the starters are different, with JT being the constant and matt roth in the mix as a rotational player. you can't base your judgement of our d-line on players that aren't starters anymore, surely you can see that.
Having 3 new starters does not make your team any better nor worse than anyone. It does not prove anything ,does it? What other basis is there other than what "has been done"?

"What has been done RECENTLY" is closer to the truth than "what could be".

dominizzo said:
beautiful post cannot get better than this!!!! and yes they do have underachieving Lbs

I highly doubt you even know what that means based on the respones you give in some of your posts. Takeo Spikes argubably the best outside lb in the game, London Fletcher gets snubbed out of probowls but saying he is an underachiever shows you know nothing about football. If anything he is an overachiever. Posey is a solid contributor doesn't put the gaudy numbers the other two do but plays well.

You think our linebackers will be exposed. Sam Adams is still there and Ron Edwards weighs the exact same as Pat Williams if not more and is 7 years younger.

How can you say our linebackers will be exposed when you have no DT and now Thomas will have to take on blocks which he wont be able to do. Thus being exposed for the small getting old linebacker that he is.

Hopefully that answers your questions Dolphancoolio. The Bills were not going to over pay a soon to be 33 year old DT when we have two young prospects waiting in the wing.

dominizzo said:
that is the thing we have a bright future but the bills dont they had a horrible draft i rate their draft D
you had a great draft because you needed a great draft. It's not hard to have a great draft when your team sucks. When you are excited about rookies, it means the players on your roster sucked.

dominizzo said:

yeah their draft was not that impressive. However i actually think their team has quite a bit of talent. but getting rid of bledsoe and starting a qb that is basically a rookie in losman will set them back quite a bit. By the time losman is ready, if ever, its hard to say that the rest of the team will still have enough talent to take them to the promised land. but, as with all things football related at this stage we shall see.........

dominizzo said:
we never said 16-0 but 9-7 10-6 is a possible record

No your "boy" Nick1 last year said the dolphins were going 16-0.

I agree. Losing Pat Williams will hurt our run defense. However, have young defendersapproaching free agency in the next two years. Need the salary cap space to sign these players(Clements, McGee, Kelsay). I'm sure Saban didn't want to trade Surtain but he didn't have a choice. Needed the salary cap space.

Back
Top Bottom