Who is Saban going to release? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is Saban going to release?

Some possibilities:

David Bowens
Jeff Zgonina
Donald Lee

Most likely is D-Bow IMO.

Hopefully Minor because Kay-Jay made the team. :)

I would like to see D-Bow go for sure, we have too many up and comers to hold on to this pile of mediocrity. Also, what about Reggie Howard, will we take a cap hit if we drop him?

we have ben moats ( i believe that's his name or something like that)

Oh Minor- good call.

My reasoning for Donald Lee is somewhat cliché, so forgive me, but i dont think he is a "Saban Player". Mental mistakes, penalties, half a$$ efforts sometimes.. Just a hunch that if one of these UDFA work out, Lee will be shown the door. Im probably wrong, but who knows.

Bowens is probably the higest profile cut that will happen.

I still think Zgonina is going to the Rams. It should eventually get done for a conditional 2006 7th rounder. That's not great, but it is a price I think the Rams will be willing to pay to get him back. If they don't, we may well keep him on the roster until the trade deadline.

Jimmy James said:
Bowens is probably the higest profile cut that will happen.

I still think Zgonina is going to the Rams. It should eventually get done for a conditional 2006 7th rounder. That's not great, but it is a price I think the Rams will be willing to pay to get him back. If they don't, we may well keep him on the roster until the trade deadline.
I think there is a chance Bowens stays. If Carter does indeed play mostly at DT, Roth would back up Holliday, but we would need a backup for Taylor. That is one way Bowens may hang onto his job.

Nublar7 said:
Do you mean Ben Moa? He is a FB that won't make the team.
Im not so sure he wont make it. I've been pretty impressed with him and Pap in Europe.

Nublar7 said:
I think there is a chance Bowens stays. If Carter does indeed play mostly at DT, Roth would back up Holliday, but we would need a backup for Taylor. That is one way Bowens may hang onto his job.

Eh, maybe. We're talking a backup to Taylor here, though. It's likely somebody will get cut by June 1 who could serve that purpose on the cheap compared to Bowens. Of course, David might not be a dummy. He and his agent probably knew he wasn't getting cut before, but they might change their tune about restructuring if there is a bigger threat. I think Saban has indicated by keeping him this long that he wouldn't mind keeping him due to his tweener status and size. They could still agree on something.

Back
Top Bottom