Who is Saban going to release? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is Saban going to release?

I wish we had traded zgonina for a draft pick. Even a seventh rounder would be better then =just releasing him.

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
sorry to break it to you but Donald Lee is crap

That is your oppion, and you could certainly aruge you are indeed correct.

With that being said, who would replace him?

Jimmy James said:
Bowens is probably the higest profile cut that will happen.

I still think Zgonina is going to the Rams. It should eventually get done for a conditional 2006 7th rounder. That's not great, but it is a price I think the Rams will be willing to pay to get him back. If they don't, we may well keep him on the roster until the trade deadline.

Ahhh, I forgot all about David Bowens and his agent's response to adjustment of contract talks. I suspect he is a tad nervous after the first FA period and the draft.

Comparsions of Vonnie Holliday (about $650k a year) and David Bowens (1.2+ million a year) contracts to not bode well for Bowens.

He was training camp fodder before he came to the Dolphins (Denver) he will be the same after he leaves.

Donald Lee isn't all that bad. If he could just hang on to the :byroan: ball. I don't really care if he gets released or not.

Nublar7 said:
I think there is a chance Bowens stays. If Carter does indeed play mostly at DT, Roth would back up Holliday, but we would need a backup for Taylor. That is one way Bowens may hang onto his job.

in one of the sun-sentinel articles, Carter said he was only going to move into DT in obvious passing downs. It looks like he'll be playing outside on the end a lot

SAGE ROSENFELS...we are not going to keep 4 QB's.

Donald Lee is good

I remember when Griese was throwing the ball to Donald Lee down the field against the colts, he looked pretty impressive to me with his speed and catching abilities. He just need to cut the penalties and false starts... Anyone who has that game on tape will know what I'm talking about.

Roman529 said:
SAGE ROSENFELS...we are not going to keep 4 QB's.

We ALWAYS keep 4 QB's though training camp... all teams do. Depending on what happens in camp... the rook is most liekly the one to get cut.

.... as for everything else, it is WAY too early to be talking about cuts. We have plenty of time to go through camps and worry about injuries without having to worry about paring down to the final roster. We will see competition for just about every spot. The winners stay the losers get to pack their bags. I think we will keep a LOT more players along the defensive fornt 7 than usual, and will cut back the amount of DB's we keep as compared to the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom