Who is Saban going to release? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is Saban going to release?

Cancer must be cut out!

Jimi said:
That is your oppion, and you could certainly aruge you are indeed correct.

With that being said, who would replace him?

And with you saying that, let me remind you that SABAN loathes players like Donald Lee who can't seem to concentrate or focus longer than 10 seconds before dropping a key pass or committing a drive ending penalty.

Let me also remind you that several veteran TE's will get cut on June 1st, just like we're considering cutting players ourselves on that date.

Some advice to good coaching, first decide who you WANT on your team. If your team has players whose attributes you consider a cancer to the spirit and effort you're striving for, cut them out. Get rid of them. That's why Randy Moss and Terrell Owens are now elsewhere (didn't take T.O. long to piss Philly off, did it?). You will ALWAYS find replacements. No player whose attitude destroys your team is inexpendable. And that's a fact.

Put talent aside for a moment... Yeah, T.O. and Moss are talented... but they also destroy the thing that makes a team great. Players like that destroy the very concept of team. Players like that are all about themselves. They are wonderful weapons on the field and an absolute cancer and disgrace in the media and locker rooms. A coach has to mold a team with a sense of unity. These guys, and guys like Lee destroy unity by never going the extra mile if not for themselves then at least for their teammates. Who does that? Zach, Jason, Junior, Chambers, etc... Practically the whole team.

So why not just remove the "a" Holes and get ourselves stocked with players with heart? Saban is doing that right now.

So why is Lee a cancer?

Donald Lee is a cancer when it comes to lack of focus (hate that guy).

Seth McKinney is a cancer when it comes to lack of ability (Get's pushed back on EVERY play? What a wuss! Dwight Stephenson, we need ya buddy!).

Wade Smith is a cancer when it comes to lack of heart(Any REAL competitor would have stepped up and stopped giving up sacks. He just gave up).

Marty Booker is a cancer when it comes to not wanting to be here, not loving his job (So you got traded? Big deal. Stop dropping passes and ducking on middle crossing routes and maybe you'll cry a little less in your room at night, Wuss).

Reggie Howard is a cancer for abandoning technique trying to go for the big play every time and constantly being out of position in the nickel.(Worst free agent pick up Spielman has ever made)

By the way, we had a VERY promising player in Arturo Freeman who had, easily, the largest inability to focus that I've seen in a long while. On some plays he looked like a pro-bowler. But on too many plays his fundamentals simply broke down and simple plays to defend became big, huge touchdown plays. He had to get cut. Had to.

So, before you ask the question "Who will replace Donald Lee if we cut or trade him?" remember that regardless of position, the answer will always be "Someone better for the Miami Dolphin Organization will"

Saban will find the better player, and by better I mean one that fits.

It's all about a good fit. Look at NE. How many Donald Lee's have they currently got on their roster?

Exactly.

Saban...

Lungoystr said:
Victor Sesay TE Missouri was just signed today. Could spell trouble for Lee.

Saban say we need another TE, becouse we only have two real TE, Randy and Lee, .... we need 3 TE, and Perry not count as TE....

Dolfan1000 said:
Some possibilities:

David Bowens
Jeff Zgonina
Donald Lee

Most likely is D-Bow IMO.
travis minor
reggie howard
donald lee
D or T bowens

perezferia said:
Marty Booker is a cancer when it comes to not wanting to be here, not loving his job (So you got traded? Big deal. Stop dropping passes and ducking on middle crossing routes and maybe you'll cry a little less in your room at night, Wuss).

You Booker haters need to give this up, already. Dude was pissed the organization he was extremely loyal to buried a knife in his back. It wasn't why he didn't perform as well as he normally does. That happened because our offense sucked in general and he was the most screwed of anybody because he had a small amount of time to get ramped up for the season with only an OC who had no idea what was going on there to show him the ropes.

Marty Booker is ANYTHING but a cancer. If we show him the respect a Pro Bowl receiver deserves, he'll put it all on the line for this team. Any Dolphins fan not soured on him for stupid reasons is going to LOVE it when they finally see him perform up to his capabilities in this offense this year.

Time will tell.

Jimmy James said:
You Booker haters need to give this up, already. Dude was pissed the organization he was extremely loyal to buried a knife in his back. It wasn't why he didn't perform as well as he normally does. That happened because our offense sucked in general and he was the most screwed of anybody because he had a small amount of time to get ramped up for the season with only an OC who had no idea what was going on there to show him the ropes.

Marty Booker is ANYTHING but a cancer. If we show him the respect a Pro Bowl receiver deserves, he'll put it all on the line for this team. Any Dolphins fan not soured on him for stupid reasons is going to LOVE it when they finally see him perform up to his capabilities in this offense this year.

If EVERYTHING you say is going to happen, does happen, do you think that THEN he'll stop crying in his room at night...Telling people he's crying in his room at night...?

Cuz if evertything you said is true, and due to the awesome contract we got him for OF course we should keep him and get the most you can get out of him. But does HE want to be here?

We don't need ANY player that isn't thrilled to DEATH to be a Miami Dolphin.

Can you feel me.

I heard you make excuses for the man and some are quite valid.

But he's been here a while. Does he want to STAY here?

Remains to be seen in my opinion.

Haven't seen him in ANY game lay it all on the line for his teammates.

Time will tell.

Booker a cancer??? :shakeno: He isn't going anywhere. Stop hating the guy.

I guess this means we will be cutting McMichaels who drops huge passes and loses focus and becomes non-existant at times.

Junior Seau- How many times have you seen him charge up to the line on a blitz or fake blitz and not stop but go over the line to draw an offsides penalty.
Thomas- Last year against Arizona specifically he cost us knight an INT that would have clinched the game, but because he decided to rough the passer it negated it. Taylor wanted to rip his head off. He too draws offside penalties
Madison- How many crucial Pass interference calls does this guy give up. Once again in Arizona got beat so he had to grab his man and cost us that game too.

But then again, other then McMichaels I don't expect any of those guys to be here past next season.

Therefor, your point is valid, but you are way off on Marty Booker.

perezferia said:
If EVERYTHING you say is going to happen, does happen, do you think that THEN he'll stop crying in his room at night...Telling people he's crying in his room at night...?

Cuz if evertything you said is true, and due to the awesome contract we got him for OF course we should keep him and get the most you can get out of him. But does HE want to be here?

We don't need ANY player that isn't thrilled to DEATH to be a Miami Dolphin.

Can you feel me.

I heard you make excuses for the man and some are quite valid.

But he's been here a while. Does he want to STAY here?

Remains to be seen in my opinion.

Haven't seen him in ANY game lay it all on the line for his teammates.

Time will tell.

Booker stated last year that he was having a hard time adjusting to the move. His wife and newborn child stayed up north while he was suddenly given his walking papers to move to warmer weather. He said it was hard being away from his family. He did NOT say that he didn't want to be here. If I remember correctly, he stated later in the season that things were getting easier for him here. I think Booker will be back and he will (barring injury) be a major factor in our passing game. Having said that, Marty Booker is not a cancer simply because he was having a hard time adjusting to the sudden change......it merely means that he is human just like the rest of us. Booker is a class act.

I agree- everyone here gives Marty a hard time. The guy had to abandon his family and come to a completely new offense just weeks before the season.

He will be a stud in Linehan's system.

Some advice to good coaching, first decide who you WANT on your team. If your team has players whose attributes you consider a cancer to the spirit and effort you're striving for, cut them

So why is Lee a cancer?

Donald Lee is a cancer when it comes to lack of focus (hate that guy).

Wade Smith is a cancer when it comes to lack of heart(Any REAL competitor would have stepped up and stopped giving up sacks. He just gave up).

Good post - i disagree with some points though. First you must attempt to coach players, not be their friends, their buddies etc. Install your coaching philosophy/system and during mini-camps and training camp the coaches will see who buys into it. I think with much improved coaching you will see Donald Lee shine, he has had some very good moments. He has potential.

Marty Booker is a very good receiver who just needed time to adjust, he had to leave his family on a days notice. Imo Booker is going to have a great year, dont be suprised if he out does chambers.

Wade Smith Imo is in the wrong position and suffered from some poor coaching, he was never strong enough or quick enough to play left tackle.

Now I couldnt agree more with the Seth opinion I think his problem is he doesnt think fast enough. He always seems to be diving to pick up his block or chasing his man as he goes by him.

Interesting that you say he doesn't put it on the line. I remember him having two injuries last year. One where they said he was gonna be done for the season.

Funny how he only missed 1 game last season due to his Knee injury and I can't remember the other one.

Both injuries came late or middle of the season when he could have easily (Like Thomas) taken a few weeks off but instead rehabbed it and Stated that if he could walk he will be on the field. He was on the field too.

Funny, to me that shows a guy, when the team isn't going anywhere, it shows to me a guy who is laying it all on the line especially when there is nothing to play for.

Quit hating on the guy.

What is it that some of you guys have against players crying? So what if he misses his teammates, his city and friends there.

Atleast the man has passion which is more then I can say about some of our other high profile players.

Back
Top Bottom