who is still a ricky fan or would at least take him back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who is still a ricky fan or would at least take him back

kizzaboo said:
Isn't this about winning, not about bickering. What is done is done. Saban realizes this and so does the team. If Saban and the Dolphins are okay with it then so am I....

BTW would you rather save the #2 overall pick in the draft and keep a 1st rounder, proven, productive back, or draft a franshise RB (which are not that hard to find) in the one of the best RB classes ever where you can still pick up a good RB in later rounds if Saban thinks we need it...:confused:

Which would make us a better team?

The choice is obvious, get as much value as possible out of this draft and the high draft choice as possible as we are starting fresh and need everything we can get.

Draft is in April, Ricky can't return till July. That gives Ricky 3 months to change his mind. Given the statements he has given over the past few months, he will probably change his mind 3 or 4 times before its actually time to report. You cannot depend on what Ricky Williams says in the least. If you do, then you deserve what you get....which will probably be nothing.
If Saban's plan was to draft a RB at #2 before all this Ricky talk then thats what he needs to do, no matter what story Ricky decides to go with before the draft.

yankeehillbilly said:
Draft is in April, Ricky can't return till July. That gives Ricky 3 months to change his mind. Given the statements he has given over the past few months, he will probably change his mind 3 or 4 times before its actually time to report. You cannot depend on what Ricky Williams says in the least. If you do, then you deserve what you get....which will probably be nothing.
If Saban's plan was to draft a RB at #2 before all this Ricky talk then thats what he needs to do, no matter what story Ricky decides to go with before the draft.

If you read what Saban said when asked about Ricky and what the discussions between he and Ricky, he didn't tell us. If he would return than he and Ricky would talk and agree to terms about him coming back. Saban would be dumb to say that he is or isnt coming back because than could screw us over for bluff and a trade down. If Ricky decides to come back than we wouldnt know until after the Draft.

Im sure knowing Saban, he will talk to Ricky and make him decide.., he is in and committed, or he is out. No in between. Plus Ricky wouldn't have time to chang his mind. He would be too busy getting back into football shape.

Let us not forget that he said he quit because of his smoking and public knowledge. Dedication was never a problem with Ricky.

Do I want him back NO! Will he come back, I don't care! I rather draft a good young back aka Brown, Benson, or Williams. This individual left this team high and dry, and will he do it again, he quite possibly could, and I don't want to take that chance!

I'd Take Ricky Back...

...but it would have no bearing on my other draft or free-agency moves: I'd still look for another quality RB. To count on Ricky at this point in the game is self-defeating; he would need to win back the team's trust, and this would take time.

I could only take his drug toking butt only if I knew he was going to be traded for a pick to someone like the Raiders. Whom seem to be a haven for misfits like Ricky.

he can s my dee....dope smoker....just too unreliable to count on...imo...tade bait...

Ricky was my idol since the first time he put on a Phins jersey!! I still think he's GREAT!!! TAKE HIM BACK!

Phin_Phan said:
Ricky was my idol since the first time he put on a Phins jersey!! I still think he's GREAT!!! TAKE HIM BACK!

You do not honestly think he will be the same player that played for us do you. I mean he has lost weight. Been out of football for a year. smoked way to much weed. Why take a chance on him screwing us again. if anything take him back and trade him to some other joker team who will take him.

dolfanattic5 said:
if his head is in the right spot i would love to have him back

Let me know if they came up with some new medication for social anxiety? One that you only need to take ONCE, and your good to go for, lets say, FIVE YEARS. Other than that, his head could be in the right spot one minute, then out the window the next....

kizzaboo said:
If you read what Saban said when asked about Ricky and what the discussions between he and Ricky, he didn't tell us. If he would return than he and Ricky would talk and agree to terms about him coming back. Saban would be dumb to say that he is or isnt coming back because than could screw us over for bluff and a trade down. If Ricky decides to come back than we wouldnt know until after the Draft.

Im sure knowing Saban, he will talk to Ricky and make him decide.., he is in and committed, or he is out. No in between. Plus Ricky wouldn't have time to chang his mind. He would be too busy getting back into football shape.

Let us not forget that he said he quit because of his smoking and public knowledge. Dedication was never a problem with Ricky.

So what if Saban makes Ricky decide? You dont seem to get the fact that Ricky's word is unreliable. He may commit to coming back and honestly intend to....until he goes off his meds again or hears about a new Lenny Kravitz tour or succumbs to whatever forces cause him do do the things he does.

Wouldnt have time to change his mind??? You are joking on that one, right?

Ricky was real dedicated when he quit days before training camp

Do you believe everything you hear, even when coming from someone who has a different conflicting story every day? Ricky made up dozens of excuses...there is no way to know which, if any, were true. Besides, if that was indeed the reason he quit, why hasnt he acknowledged that what he did was wrong? Why does he refuse to apologize.

I get it that you like Ricky. But, it seems that you are expecting Ricky to be honorable and trustworthy simply because that is the way you want to see him.

The bottom line is that Ricky's word cannot be trusted, especially to the point that you risk the Dolphins future on it. If he wants to come back, then fine. He can back up Brown or Benson or whoever, and if he does well then his trade value will increase. But there is no way that we should wait till a later round to draft a RB just because at the moment, Ricky thinks he might want to play again.

Back
Top Bottom