Who should be the next Fish coach / crazy on JJ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should be the next Fish coach / crazy on JJ

My previous statement is with the thinking that we do get rid of Wanney because of another bad year... personally i like Wannstedt. (please dont start with me on that comment)

I'd love for Turner to stay here. But as Head Coach?? I don't know. His team's were never known to be overly disciplined. And at the time of his firing, he had pretty much lost the ship in Washington.

Surely he'll have learned from his mistakes. I just don't know enough about the guy's personality to make an educated decision.

But I think T-ROCK is right. Norv definitely would have the inside track.

A coach thats a big motivator.. No Jim Mora or JJ.. Not really sure whats out there but Cowher is a bad *** coach.. He hasn't won the big one either though, but neither did Gruden when he went to Tampa.. I'd say Cowher after he gets fired after 2003..:D

I sometimes have a moment of clarity and I see the whole reason for all our problems last year, especially in December.....the whole team falls apart when things go bad and I don't think it's because everybody gets tentative I think it's because they start pressing too hard like Lucas was doing....I don't think that there is a lack of fire or agressiveness with this team, on the contrary I think they get too emotional out there .....that makes me wonder if Wannstedt and his calm demeanor might be more in line with what we need than someone like Gruden.....I think this team needs to be relaxed to play their best because they try to do too much when they feel the pressure.....The bottom line is execution at the right moment and we have the talent to play with any team in the league we just need a rudder to guide the ship.....Dave is a good rudder....I don't think this question will need to be asked for a long time.

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
Bob Stoops of OU

I don't really know much about this guy.. What kind of coach is he?? Anyone with links to info on him?? Anyone see him consistently tat can give me a brief description of him??

That was a really good post, inFins.

i second what muck said. that was a really good post. i haven't really looked at it that way, and the need for calm really makes sense.

Cowher may not have won the big one, but he has gotten the Steelers to the AFC Championship Game 4 times and to the Super Bowl once since the 1994-1995 season, and that's far more than the Dolphins' 0 and 0.....I know I would be pretty happy if the Dolphins had a track record like Cowher's.....

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

I don't really know much about this guy.. What kind of coach is he?? Anyone with links to info on him?? Anyone see him consistently tat can give me a brief description of him??

I don't know what kind of motivator he is, but he's a great defensive coach. He made Kansas State a powerhouse. Then Spurrier grabbed him to shape up UF's D. He made them dominant and UF won the championship in Stoops' first season. Won that national title in his second season at Oklahoma (and molded my boy Roy Williams into the dominator he is for the Cowboys).

He's been successful everywhere he's coached. Was actually a canidate for the Browns job but took himself out of the running very early.

He's relatively young at 43.

Back
Top Bottom